Beginners and Beyond

Woman Runs London Marathon Without a Tampon, Bleeds Freely to Raise Awareness (Read 99 times)

catwhoorg

Labrat

If she hadn't made a big deal about this, I bet most people wouldn't have even looked twice at the stains.  There's a lot of nasty going on in most marathons -- sweat, spilled gatorade, people peeing in gatorade bottles, spit, "GI" issues and the like.  I usually try to keep my eyes up.

But how would have got her 15  mins if she hadn't made a big deal about it ?

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

LRB

If she hadn't made a big deal about this, I bet most people wouldn't have even looked twice at the stains.  There's a lot of nasty going on in most marathons -- sweat, spilled gatorade, people peeing in gatorade bottles, spit, "GI" issues and the like.  I usually try to keep my eyes up.

I thought I saw everything until I volunteered my first marathon. Talk about cringe worthy, that's what bleeding male nipples are. Believe me when I tell you, you do not want to see that!

From the Internet.

Hell, I just can't understand why anyone would do this.... wait... I can't seem to find any way to understand or relate to these new feminist groups 

Most of us are normal, the crazies just get (seek out?) more attention.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Most of us are normal, the crazies just get (seek out?) more attention.

That's the types the media likes.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

I can't seem to find any way to understand or relate to these new feminist groups 

As lily mentioned before, I don't see anything feminist about that. To me, feminism is about women being treated equally to men: same job = same salary, access to the same privileges, equal social rank, equal family rank (husband is not better than wife, son is not better than daughter ). Fighting for those rights (and many others) is feminism.  Not wearing a tampon while running is not feminism, unless I'm missing the point.