Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES on a Tuesday (Read 33 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 10 miles on a fine morning.  Nobody can bitch about uppers 40s, calm, and clear skies with all the stars.  I liked it.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Pilates for me today.

PR, sounds like a nice run.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning!  Since I missed my run last night due to WORK, I skipped my swim this morning and ran instead,  7 miles done.  As coach says, "When in doubt, do the run."  I have a hard bike workout to do tonight which I am kind of dreading,

Just thinking about work during my drive in this morning has put me in a foul mood.

<3

Off, just a little swim which I haven’t been doing for a while, possibly a speck of good news, I got two little spots with a ‘rusty cable’ feeling on the back of the leg while doing breast stroke kick:..it’s a hint that muscle is breaking some adhesion fibers. Hard to describe, like rusty cable moving back and forth ‘err, err, err, err’.    Haven’t had one of those sensations in a long time.

Maybe the irritation running on dirt dirt yesterday was a good thing

DavePNW

Just thinking about work during my drive in this morning has put me in a foul mood.

This but 24/7.

6 miles.

Dave

KCRuns

Mornin'!

I got 3.5 last night with my group and 4.5 run to work this morning.  The weather this morning was 45 and sunny, perfect.  I arrived at work happy.

RunningOnSand

PR & KC, sounds like you guys had dreamy weather this morning. Sounds amazing.

Docket, how's your head? Feeling any better from last night?

Baboon & Dave, so sorry about work. Sad Sucks that it's so stressful. I know that's the under statement of the year.

Daffy, sounds like a good thing?

Rest day here. And lots of water.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

RoS, yeah, although I couldn't sleep much and whatever slept I got was more nightmares than anything, lol.  But the head does not hurt, yay.  I took one BP med off and today is normally the day the BP shoots back up after the med leaves my system so I thought it was that but my BP this morning was good.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Everybody on my project team is gaining weight.  So far today I've had a cinnamon sugar bagel, sugar glazed donut, and two Dove chocolates.  The only thing keeping me from turning into a whale is all of the training.

<3

Cyberic

My last mini-training was this morning. 3 x (1mile T / 2min jog), with an urgent bathroom break about halfway in my 2nd rep. All easy running from here!

sdWhiskers

4 miles this morning.

I felt off all day yesterday, thought maybe I'm getting sick or just the stress of preparing for huge work meetings next week. Seems like maybe it's just related to 'woman problems'. Usually that stuff doesn't affect me too negatively but hoping the funk will resolve soon.

Work is switching their procurement systems again. After the catastrophe that happened last time (in 2015?), it certainly can't be any worse. Of course, the last day to use the old system is 3 weeks before the new system is functional

Half Crazy K 2.0

Work is switching their procurement systems again. After the catastrophe that happened last time (in 2015?), it certainly can't be any worse. Of course, the last day to use the old system is 3 weeks before the new system is functional

They probably do this to try to close out as many purchase orders as possible.  The way ours works is you make a request,  it gets approved and a PO is generated & sent to the vendor, items come in & get received in the system,  then an invoice comes in and is matched to the PO. I was on the implementation team for the purchasing part of the ERP. I had the easy part

DavePNW

I've learned to never say that.

There is usually a blackout period, but 3 weeks seems mighty excessive. We had to keep operating during ours (about 5 days I think), using all manual transactions. Then the intent was to load all the manual transactions into the new system as soon as it went live, but that ended up not happening for several weeks. Which screwed up things even more, because we were showing inventory in the system which had already physically shipped, but not transacted in the system. Fun times.

Dave

Daffy, sounds like a good thing?

Rest day here. And lots of water.

It’s cockamamie, need to stress the adhesion fiber to break them, but you can stress the fibers without breaking them and just irritate the muscle which is what I have been doing the last couple weeks

the rusty cable feeling has been a good thing in the past.

sdWhiskers

They probably do this to try to close out as many purchase orders as possible.  The way ours works is you make a request,  it gets approved and a PO is generated & sent to the vendor, items come in & get received in the system,  then an invoice comes in and is matched to the PO. I was on the implementation team for the purchasing part of the ERP. I had the easy part

Right but we order things (chemicals, animals, lab supplies, etc) every single day. Sooo...  Our local purchasing lady said at her previous place they had both systems running for a few days.

I've been on the teams to try and fix all the issues that no one higher up ever thinks about when these new "business processes" are set into motion.