Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #133 (Read 30 times)

sdWhiskers

Bob's Gym locations is making it mandatory to wipe down machines/benches/equipment before and after use, before this, people only wiped them down after use. I'm pretty good at the 6 ft distance, but others... not so much.

Yeah, OK...

It's also against the law to litter or not use your turn signal 

LRB

I have not found that I can rollerblade any faster than I can run

I am fairly certain I would fly into an intersection and crash if I ever tried to do that! #uncoordinated

LRB

I ran 8.

I spent the entirety of the day yesterday legally drunk after my wine and cake affair Sunday night. It was one of those times where the drinks were just flowing, so I let it flow. I also ate a third of that cake geezus. I think I need an intervention. 

sdWhiskers

I ran 8.

I spent the entirety of the day yesterday legally drunk after my wine and cake affair Sunday night. It was one of those times where the drinks were just flowing, so I let it flow. I also ate a third of that cake geezus. I think I need an intervention. 

Lol

Aren't you back at work?

LRB

Lol

Aren't you back at work?

Yes. Boo. 

GinnyinPA

LRB - was your indulgence yesterday in protest of going to work today? Or maybe it was just that the cake was SO GOOD!

Daffyduck - what's a half hill?

FS - I've been craving a margarita lately too. I rarely drink them, unless I'm in Arizona at my brother's, but now that I can't have one, I want it.

Given that 70% of the deaths in PA have been in nursing homes, I think it's past time that they start testing more people.

D - no surprise on the marathon, except that they cancelled it so early.

I plan 7 or so later. It's windy again and cool but we're supposed to get summer weather in a couple of days.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LRB - was your indulgence yesterday in protest of going to work today? Or maybe it was just that the cake was SO GOOD!

Daffyduck - what's a half hill?

FS - I've been craving a margarita lately too. I rarely drink them, unless I'm in Arizona at my brother's, but now that I can't have one, I want it.

Given that 70% of the deaths in PA have been in nursing homes, I think it's past time that they start testing more people.

D - no surprise on the marathon, except that they cancelled it so early.

I plan 7 or so later. It's windy again and cool but we're supposed to get summer weather in a couple of days.

They've moved it twice so it was bound to happen. The strange thing is that they are keeping the HM, 10K, and 5K which I bet totals more than the marathon runners. But I doubt even that event will be held.

Damaris

LRB

I was actually at the end of my night on Sunday but had this incredible desire for something rich and chocolatey. I found a recipe on google then went about the search to see if I had everything in my kitchen and low and behold, I did! Well, you can't bake and not drink so out came the wine bottle I had just corked and 90 minutes later, I was stuffing hot chocolate cake with chocolate syrup on it into my face!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yeah, OK...

It's also against the law to litter or not use your turn signal 

Lol, I doubt they'll enforce it but that ain't gonna stop me from going.

I've been having one margarita almost every day since this shut down, but its not as much fun as going out.

There are a few places I like to dine at when I do go out, not many, maybe 3 or 5.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I just checked around us and most of the restaurants decided not to reopen. Only things like Olive Garden and other chains reopened yesterday at 25% capacity, but not even all of them.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

They've moved it twice so it was bound to happen. The strange thing is that they are keeping the HM, 10K, and 5K which I bet totals more than the marathon runners. But I doubt even that event will be held.

At best, I would think maybe the 5k could happen. The RRCA survery made it seem like people were ok with up to 500 people. I would think a 5k would be easier to "stretch" by having multiple start times to spread the people out.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That's if the city allows any gatherings by then and it's not too expensive for the RD to hold the 5K. This is the second or third largest even in Indianapolis (after Monumental and the Mini). The Mini went ahead and canceled because they have sense. It is in Carmel and not Indianapolis where they are still in Stage 1 but I seriously doubt Carmel will want to hold anything in October, including their Oktoberfest, etc.

I am one that believes no races will be held; not even smaller ones. Since this event was already sold out, I doubt there are only 500 people registered (probably more) for the 5K alone.

But also, who the fuck wants to run a 5K? LOL. Not me.

Damaris

DavePNW

I don’t think there are any restaurants reopening here, other than for takeout. Incidentally there is a good Mexican place near us which has been completely closed; just today there was a post on our community FB page that they’ve re-opened for takeout. We’ll need to hit that. In fact we’ll need to be hitting more takeout in general; we have been doing virtually none, to keep the spending down. But on Monday I start my new job, and DW is back to full time (she’d been cut back to 2 days/week with Covid), so we can start to re-open the spigot a little. Which is nice. 

11 miles.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Evansville pools won't be opening this summer, there is one pool in Boonville, no word on it yet. Not sure about Holiday World's Splashing Safari...

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

But also, who the fuck wants to run a 5K? LOL. Not me.

LOL! You know plenty of us would give up a kidney to be able to run a 5k. I’m wondering about the parkruns. They’re usually pretty small, around 50 people. Maybe they’ll restart before some other stuff. Although once they do, people will probably swarm and they’ll get big after all. Who knows.

Dave