Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES (Read 58 times)

Little Blue

I am planning on getting it out of the way tomorrow as well, making Sunday's run like a walk in the park!

Hopefully I don't asphyxiate myself, there is always a period where I'm not breathing while trying to swallow them God awful things.

Have you tried any of the other brands?  I know the Hammer gels I've had are thinner, with less of the snot+rubber cement texture.

LRB

Have you tried any of the other brands?  I know the Hammer gels I've had are thinner, with less of the snot+rubber cement texture.

Shit, at this point, it probably would matter what flavor or brand it is. It's akin to swallowing a raw egg, I've learned to just get it over-with rather than try and taste it.

cjones1

Just finished my first ultra...12 hours in a minivan with 3 kids.  Smile. Tougher than any one of those silly marathon thingies.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Little Blue

Um, yeah, I'm glad I have no idea what that is like. My dad used to eat raw oysters, so I expect they're all much the same.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Took me a shot of Jim Beam's Devil's Cut (90 proof) and am now drinking...... something, Jim Beam's Hardcore Cider mixed with a little bit of cranapple juice, I'm feeling pretty damn good. I think I could go run 20 miles right now lol.

That's my girl.

Damaris

Little Blue

Just finished my first ultra...12 hours in a minivan with 3 kids.  Smile. Tougher than any one of those silly marathon thingies.

You, sir, are a glutton for punishment.  Or a saint.  And I'll bet your wife is a Tough Mudder.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah, well only "those kind" of web sites give 14 days forecasts, you know, the kind that always give impressive "feels like" temps. The Canadian weather, the good one, don't try to predict that much in advance, and they're the ones where I get my DP figures, so I dunno.

If it is called Accuweather, it sucks.  Weather.com has a better forecast than the one you posted. I hope that one happens, ha.

Although anything is better than the 96F heat index and 77 dewpoint we have right now.  At 9:30pm/

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Have I mentioned the RnR Montreal will be my first race in my new AG? FFS. 

Damaris

LRB

lol

LRB

Have I mentioned the RnR Montreal will be my first race in my new AG? FFS. 

Enjoy it while it lasts FFS.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Enjoy it while it lasts FFS.

Not sure a new decade number will make feel warm and fuzzy?

Damaris

LRB

Not sure a new decade number will make feel warm and fuzzy?

Well if this one won't what are the odds the next one will?

#enjoyitwhileitlastsffs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Well if this one won't what are the odds the next one will?

#enjoyitwhileitlastsffs

Sigh.  At least I feel faster than 10 years ago, does that help?

Damaris

LRB

Sigh.  At least I feel faster than 10 years ago, does that help?

Yes. It's even better when you look it as well. Smile

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

That's my girl.

Have you seen my newest thread..... 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)