Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #10 (Read 34 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Are the Garmin music ones only compatible with Spotify?

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Took the day off before I knew I would also be off on Wednesday. 6 miles.

Docket, I think there are choices for music with the Fenix, it's not a feature I use though.

DavePNW

I need to figure out how to listen to audio books on the watch. But I have been using Libby (to borrow them from the library) and I don't think you can do it with those.. ?

I don’t have an Apple watch nor do I listen to audiobooks. But my understanding is that it may depend on which version of the watch you have, as to whether you can listen to audiobooks without having your phone nearby? Not sure whether the app makes a difference as well. I also use Libby, but read them in the Kindle app. If anything I’d think they’d force you into the Apple books app, although IDK if that is compatible with Libby.

Dave

onemile

I don’t have an Apple watch nor do I listen to audiobooks. But my understanding is that it may depend on which version of the watch you have, as to whether you can listen to audiobooks without having your phone nearby? Not sure whether the app makes a difference as well. I also use Libby, but read them in the Kindle app. If anything I’d think they’d force you into the Apple books app, although IDK if that is compatible with Libby.

Yeah I have the Fenix 6s which has the 'music' feature and you can definitely listen to music without having your phone. I have used spotify for that to load music playlists onto the watch. I guess I didn't realize spotify also has podcasts  I have been using the Stitcher app on my phone for podcasts.

LRB

No, but I don't know exactly what the others are because up until about 20 minutes ago, I had no need (there are thousands of music files on my computer). My "main" online music source is Amazon and that's largely because all of the CDs I've purchased from them since 2004 were available on their site. I've had a Spotify account for about 5 years or whatever it is but it went unused for the most part.

DavePNW

Yeah I have the Fenix 6s which has the 'music' feature and you can definitely listen to music without having your phone. I have used spotify for that to load music playlists onto the watch. I guess I didn't realize spotify also has podcasts  I have been using the Stitcher app on my phone for podcasts.

+

I have always just used the built in Apple app. But good to know because I would rather use fewer apps for more things.

Dave

KCRuns

First run in a week.  I had to stop and walk a few times in the first half because of coughing, but I finally found a slow enough jog that my lungs didn't hate and was able to maintain that without coughing to the end.  Baby steps I guess.  Anyway, even though it was only 2 super slow miles, it felt nice.

LRB

Do you have a premium account on Spotify?

LRB

Deezer came preloaded on my watch.

LRB

First run in a week.  I had to stop and walk a few times in the first half because of coughing, but I finally found a slow enough jog that my lungs didn't hate and was able to maintain that without coughing to the end.  Baby steps I guess.  Anyway, even though it was only 2 super slow miles, it felt nice.

There is a raging cough going on around here that is wicked. And apparently it lasts for up to two weeks!

DavePNW

There is a raging cough going on around here that is wicked. And apparently it lasts for up to two weeks!

It’s been all over, including 2/3 of our household.

Dave

I bought that Naked running belt back in the fall and for $50, thought I'd been taken for a ride since it fit awkward and felt constricted. I kept it though on the odd chance I'd want to run with my phone and tried it today. Thing worked like a charm. Didn't know it was there and was even able to pull out my phone while running to change podcasts. 👍👍

My new toy that I made before yesterday‘s run: pocket lanyard for the phone
                          I’ve been wanting something to protect the phone from the cold,  I tried a beach- type and tuck the phone under my shirts but it seriously sucked.
                          So yesterday morning I cut the bottom of a sleeve of an old long sleeve shirt and added a strip from an old compression wrap to make a wide, soft, stretchy collar...with a few safety pins.

Work great but I’ve only done one workout with it.

i keep my phone in a plastic baggie with a few napkins to dry my fingers to use the phone... and the napkins an baggie are also for the occasional bear-in-the-woods thing

sdWhiskers

I must be the only one on the planet who despises listening to podcasts. Not just while running but like, at all.

Found out that I will be traveling to Japan again in April. Of course, 2 days after I return from vacation in Hawaii

onemile

omg gtf away!!

onemile

I ran 6 miles