Beginners and Beyond

T-t-t-tuesday P-p-p-penguins! (Read 31 times)

SheCan

Hello my penguin friends! What's up with all these animals getting hurt / sick! I had a real scare with my dogs over the weekend as well. I have been giving them Trifexis for 3 months, Sunday would mark 4 months of being on the medication, however, after given it to them we went to church and came home to find copious amounts of vomit inside of Carter's crate and is face was so swollen he could barely open his eyes! We gave him some benedryl and kept a close eye on him not letting him eat or drink anything. He vomitted again after having a bath and drinking just a little of the water :/. Monday morning Brody comes into the bedroom and sitting there having severe muscle spasm! They are both doing much better today but that is the last time I give them that medication, I'm very particular about my dogs and keep a close eye on them both so the Trifexis is the only thing I can think of that would have caused such a bad reaction... Its been raining so much that they haven't been outside alone in a while.

Geez, Jimmy, I swear this really is a bad pet week.  Its kind of weird that they were okay the first 3 times you gave it to them.  Wonder if it builds up in their bodies?  But I've always been suspicious of indigestible flea/tick pills for pets.  I'm glad they're doing much better.

He thinks it is a stress fractured cuboid bone Sad  I'm in a soft cast and walking boot. No work for 3 days. No physical activity for....????? Ugh I am SO SAD. 

Oh my Kristin, I'm sorry!  That really is rotten luck.  I'm glad you didn't just let it go, and get worse though.  I just can't imagine how frustrating this must be for you.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

There was a podiatrist in the same building, and cuz there was a lot of cancellations due to the snow he could squeeze me in. Verdict is NOT good. He said there is a chance it is a peroneal tendon issue....pain is in the right place, but I passed all the tendon tests. It doesn't hurt when he did X Y and Z to my foot only when I put weight on it. He thinks it is a stress fractured cuboid bone Sad  I'm in a soft cast and walking boot. No work for 3 days. No physical activity for....????? Ugh I am SO SAD. 

Ugh. Sorry to hear this.  Hope the recovery is short!

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

There was a podiatrist in the same building, and cuz there was a lot of cancellations due to the snow he could squeeze me in. Verdict is NOT good. He said there is a chance it is a peroneal tendon issue....pain is in the right place, but I passed all the tendon tests. It doesn't hurt when he did X Y and Z to my foot only when I put weight on it. He thinks it is a stress fractured cuboid bone Sad  I'm in a soft cast and walking boot. No work for 3 days. No physical activity for....????? Ugh I am SO SAD. 

No physical activity for....?????  About 6 weeks if it is a stress fracture, I think that's about how long they take to heal, a friend of mine had a sfx in her foot, similar to yours, and I think that is about how long she was benched.   However, you can still do some upper body stuff, Kristin - weight training and so forth - so at least you can do something.  I know it's not the same, but at least that should help you a little bit to not go stir-crazy.

Speaking of feet...here is a stupid joke for you to maybe give you a smile...

Santa's sleigh broke down so he flagged down a passing driver and asked if the guy could give him a hand.

"I'm sorry, Santa", says the guy, "but I'm not a mechanic, I'm a foot doctor, I know nothing about cars, sleighs, etc."

Santa says  "A foot doctor, huh?  Then...can you give me a toe?"

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Dad on the run.

Wow Scotty, I think that joke marks a new low, even for you Tongue lol. I still chuckled though.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

tracilynn

Kristin, that sucks about your foot. Since the pain kinda crept up slowly and not while you were actually running do you still feel like it is a fracture?  Makes more sense that it is peroneal ??  Who knows really?  I guess the recovery and treatment will be the same for peroneal or for a stress fracture Really.   Sucks!!

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

jimmy, my vet wanted me to start that trifexis stuff (on my dogs not for me Big grinand I googled it and there's lots of horror stories about it.  I stayed with the separate heart worm pills And flea drops.

Glad they are okay

~~~~~~~

Traci

Zelanie

Jimmy- Glad you were able to get home and get Carter some Benadryl!  Scary!

Kristin- Hugs!

Jack- I'll stick with Jack, because everyone thinks of LtH when they hear "Brad" around here.

Mitch- That's too bad about the kids' race.  Maybe they can take pictures for you.

Gustav- Hope you get out for your run later!

obie- Yikes!  It's "warmed up" into the 20s here.

Ginny- Hopefully hindsight won't prove me wrong, but I'm trying to be careful about how I add miles.  My basic plan was *no* speedwork, *no* long runs, lots of easy doubles, and a very slow pace.  My average pace last week was a minute slower than usual!  (So, about an hour more time on my feet over the course of the week, just to account for my slow pace.)  But that is what felt right.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Kristin, that sucks about your foot. Since the pain kinda crept up slowly and not while you were actually running do you still feel like it is a fracture?  Makes more sense that it is peroneal ??  Who knows really?  I guess the recovery and treatment will be the same for peroneal or for a stress fracture Really.   Sucks!!

Apparently both a stress fracture and tendon injury could not be felt til long after the race. I keep thinking back through my race and wondering if I felt any pain that I ignored but I definitely did not. I seriously felt amazing every second and was even sad that the race was over. I could have ran a few more miles that day! But the next morning I couldn't put any weight on my foot....odd....but apparently not uncommon with either injury as both are slow developing and don't come from any sudden source like twisting it or falling

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

BOO HISS

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Singer who runs a smidge

Boo indeed!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Zel: way to go on the 60!! That is just great! Even at my peak I "only" did 55. Just be smart and be careful. So, when is your marathon? Smile

Zelanie

Kristin- Cry

Jack- But you were doing quality workouts.  I was shuffling along slowly.  Marathon is next fall, and if I can do this mileage or better plus quality work by then, I'll be thrilled.

PS- I "only" need a 3:45 to BQ myself.  I thought that was out of the question for my first, but after your first, a girl can dream, right?

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Zel - I'm going to give a local 5K a try on New Years Day.  It will probably be super cold, but what the heck.

Ginny - I'm probably going to stay in tonight.  I just finished work, and it's almost dark.  It's getting colder by the second.  I am going to give the TV app on my phone a try.  We'll see if I can stay on the treadmill longer if I'm watching something interesting.  Music isn't cutting it anymore.

Mitch - Enjoy your rest day.

Docket - Keep us posted.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

jblack - Dang man!  That sounds awful.  Prayers for you and family (dogs included in family of course).

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

hog4life

Kristin (((hugs))), sorry about the foot Sad