Beginners and Beyond

Just WednesDAILIES (Read 37 times)

Runshortii

I ran 4. Quads were sore from weights.

are you in then Baboon? I couldn’t remember what your time was. I thought there would be a cut off but I’m kind of surprised it’s that much

delicate flower

3,000 people ran a BQ and missed the cut.  I feel for those folks.

Shortii, I am (presumably) in with a -4:25.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

They even expanded the field size... wow.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Runshortii

Nice! Yeah that sucks, especially since I think a lot of people were optimistic since they tightened the standards

RunningOnSand

I can never do the first rep of anything at 5k pace.

+1.

RunningOnSand

You're doing great given the challenges you're facing.

RunningOnSand

It's definitely different when running solo, especially in the dark!

I cannot run well in the dark. For some reason, I always feel like I"m running super fast, but my GPS will always tell me the exact opposite (I'm going way slower than my usual easy paced runs).

RunningOnSand

People have posted their rejection screen shots, and RW has an article up, although I can't read it because I am not a subscriber (lmao).

Maybe if you try again later they'll let you, since they seem to be super erratic with that rule.

delicate flower

Just got my notification!  I knew I was in but it's still a great feeling to get this e-mail.  WOO HOO!!

Congratulations! Your entry into the 124th Boston Marathon on Monday, April 20, 2020 has been accepted, provided that the information you submitted is accurate.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

RunningOnSand

That does suck for them. Sad

Congrats to you!

DavePNW

Even more so considering that roughly matches the number of people who are accepted but don't actually show up at the start.

Dave

DavePNW

Just got my notification!  I knew I was in but it's still a great feeling to get this e-mail.  WOO HOO!!

Congratulations! Your entry into the 124th Boston Marathon on Monday, April 20, 2020 has been accepted, provided that the information you submitted is accurate.

WOO HOO, indeed! Congrats on two in a row!!

Dave

Cyberic

WOO HOO, indeed! Congrats on two in a row!!

8 more and Baboon will be part of this group! They get guaranteed entry.

471 qualifiers with an active streak of at least 10 years.

onemile

8 more and Baboon will be part of this group! They get guaranteed entry.

471 qualifiers with an active streak of at least 10 years.

the guy I ran with last night has run Boston 27 years in a row. He said for the streakers you still have to qualify but only within 1 second of your time (cutoff doesn't apply)