Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies - B-E-A-UTIFUL (Read 30 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Jetta and I got in 5.1 miles this morning, it was 65 degrees which felt so good compared to the last few days.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

From the Internet.

55 degrees here, I nearly died of happiness, lol. 7.4 miles super easy.

Off, big ‘oops’ on my part yesterday, looking back at the numbers I run up the inclines way too fast which is why the ham went nut.  Been trying to be real careful with that but didn’t wake up till 5:15 yesterday, no coffee and then got carried way running.  Tomorrow  hopefully pool run if I can...pool doesn’t open till 9:00am 😡

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

55 degrees here, I nearly died of happiness, lol. 7.4 miles super easy.

I'm anticipating those mornings, hell I'm looking forward to the 40s and 30s lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning. We are also in the 50s and there was a 5K here in downtown we missed. Oh well. My knee is still achy.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning. We are also in the 50s and there was a 5K here in downtown we missed. Oh well. My knee is still achy.

Are you already up in Indy? Or is it seriously in the 50s down in Fl?

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'm curious if they'll ever put out a 3rd Spirit of the Marathon.....

And I'm definitely interested in that "Brittany Runs a Marathon" movie that's coming out.

PRs

DavePNW

I’m sure you’re pretty heartbroken about missing a 5k.

6 miles in Spokane. There’s a really nice asphalt trail about a half mile from my hotel that goes along the river, through Gonzaga University, and seemingly about as far as you’d ever want to go, with virtually no street crossings.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

12! That was the easiest feeling long run I've done in months.

Cyberic

Ran 18, sub 8 pace. I've been running my easy runs very very easy for the past weeks, and although "people" say it's good... I dunno. I kept having to concentrate not to slow down today. What? As if 8:30 has become so natural, that's the pace my body wants to naturally return to.

Cardio wise, yeah, running at 8:30 is as good. But physically? Seems like my stride has naturally shortened.

I was thinking about that, and my take on it was that "you can never run your easy runs too slow" is true IF you run 25-30% of your weekly mileage at MP and faster. If you're putting in really hard work, running fast a lot. Then the rest of your running cannot be too slow, as you're only doing cardio work while resting your muscles.

But for a guy like me, who rarely hits 20% of my weekly volume in workouts, my easy runs can be too slow.

If I exaggerate my thinking, someone who would never run workouts would improve more, IMO, if training in that infamous grey zone than always jogging ultra easy.

That was just my thinking during my run.

DavePNW

12! That was the easiest feeling long run I've done in months.

Nice.

Dave

onemile

I ran 14ish including pacing the 1:50 group at a local half

Cyberic

I ran 14ish including pacing the 1:50 group at a local half

Nice! What exact time did you run it in?

LRB

My ass feels like it got paddled like back in school.

sdWhiskers

Too sunny and too humid. 13 miles with 3 at HMP, 2 at 10s faster and 1 around 10k. Was tough but I did better than I expected. I almost gave up before I started because it sounded too hard and the first 3 easy miles  weren't exactly feeling effortless. Glad I kept myself in it mentally, only the 10k mile was a little slow.  And chafing was almost zero, thank you body glide!

Heading to Redsox-Padres later today. Both teams are junky this year but the Redsox hardly ever come to town (like once every 3-4 years it seems). We have tickets to tomorrow's game also so will stay at a hotel downtown to make it a mini staycation.

Happy Saturday!