Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (Read 38 times)

StepbyStep-SH

Good morning, all. I opted NOT to run with the group at 5 a.m. in 38* rain. Instead, I'll run after dropping DS at school. Hopefully 7 miles, though if I feel drained from the partial blood donation yesterday, I might cut it short. Lots of bruising around where they put the needle in, and that arm is sore, which I expected.

D - Ask away! I'll check in here a couple of times through the morning, but will be out most of the afternoon.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Dad on the run.

Baboon, your a beast! Envy those speeds.

I took a URD lastnight, just didn't feel up for much of anything. However, I did get up a 3:50am this morning and hit the gym for some back and legs and will run 7 this evening with some running buddies from work.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Roots are evil, pure and simple. Someone has gone out there and spray painted some of the roots on the trails, but not all of them.......... not the ones I hit and the leaves on the ground make it so much worse.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good morning, all. I opted NOT to run with the group at 5 a.m. in 38* rain. Instead, I'll run after dropping DS at school. Hopefully 7 miles, though if I feel drained from the partial blood donation yesterday, I might cut it short. Lots of bruising around where they put the needle in, and that arm is sore, which I expected.

D - Ask away! I'll check in here a couple of times through the morning, but will be out most of the afternoon.

It's about strategies.  I was thinking of doing a 1 mile run, 0.10 walk on Saturday (easy pace on the run), and try to run the Sunday one at an easy pace.  I really don't want to run/walk both,  When I did the Goofy, we ran the HM with 7 stops for pictures of 2-5 minutes each and came in at 3 hours.  Then, on Sunday, I ran the whole way (marathon) and almost PRd.  I think if I can take Saturday very easy and walk 0.10 or more, I could run the second one.  Thoughts?

Damaris

Pinktastic

Good Morning, Friends!

I had some Greek yogurt at 6:15 this morning, but I’m STARVING again already!   I have some oatmeal to eat, but I’m trying to hold off on that just a little longer.

LRB – Thanks for starting us off this morning!   How was that coffee?   Mine is wonderful!   Have a great day!

Kristin – Sorry about your 10K – that really bites!   Glad to hear that your shin seems to be recovering!

Damaris – Good Morning!    Have a marvelous day!

Sparker – Good luck with the TM after work today!   Do you have any races on the horizon?

Scotty – Stay warm when the weather changes!  We’re supposed to get pretty much the same thing later today.   I know you prefer the warmth, but I’m looking forward to the cooler weather!   Enjoy your run this afternoon!

Oski – Two days in a row of all day meetings?   I think I’d rather poke my eyes out.  I totally agree about all the Pinktacular RRs lately!   Everyone is totally ROCKING their races these days!   Hope your run later is completely uneventful and that the time flies by for you!

Beth – Hope your swim is invigorating and that you have time for a nice soak in the hot tub afterwards!   Enjoy your run today!

FS – Wow!  Glad you were there for Rocky this morning!   Hope he’s okay now!

Meaghan – Way to get back out there today!   Hope you’re feeling better and better every day!

Phil – GOOD MORNING back at ya’!   Really nice runs last night and this morning!   You are getting sickeningly fast!

Shari – Enjoy your run later – hope you aren’t feeling too drained!   Thanks for trying to donate!

JBlack – Way to get in an early workout this morning!   Have a great run tonight with your friends!

I got on the TM last night and walked 2.04 miles in 35 minutes – that’s pretty fast for as short as I am.   I walked the 2nd ½ of the walk faster than the first half so I felt pretty good about that.   It’s raining here again so I’m going to attempt to get out of the office in time for another TM session this evening.   The weather forecast indicates that I should be able to go back outside with Abby tomorrow morning.   Fingers crossed that the weather cooperates – Abby needs the walk and I would rather be outside.

Have a Pinksational day!!   And, may your next run motivate you to keep running and to keep reaching new goals!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job, Sarah!

Damaris

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

11 miles later tonight in the dark. Time to get the reflective vest out of the closet.

Enjoy.

StepbyStep-SH

It's about strategies.  I was thinking of doing a 1 mile run, 0.10 walk on Saturday (easy pace on the run), and try to run the Sunday one at an easy pace.  I really don't want to run/walk both,  When I did the Goofy, we ran the HM with 7 stops for pictures of 2-5 minutes each and came in at 3 hours.  Then, on Sunday, I ran the whole way (marathon) and almost PRd.  I think if I can take Saturday very easy and walk 0.10 or more, I could run the second one.  Thoughts?

I reversed it (ran easy on the first, run/walk on the second), but then I was doing the second one with Laci and we both were more "rookie" at marathons at the time than you are now. I think we each only had 4 marathons under our belts going into it.

But when I did it, there were some people, maybe even SRL, who said that they had in the past PR'd on the second day of a double by taking the first one really easy or doing a run/walk. Given your ability to recover, I think you could follow this and make your second day the faster race. Which races are you doing? How much travel in between?

I would definitely try to find time after #1 to do three things, if you can: icebath/put your feet up in the air/epsom salt bath - whatever you know works for you; nap; and walk and stretch later in the day. Be sure to drink lots of water and refuel with protein and carbs both.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

DR the Hokas are back in the box and going back to the store today.

**irritated** I've used them on the weekends for the last 3 weeks.  This past weekend was 9 miles.  And after, my tendonitis flared up and my knees hurt for 2 days.  ADIOS.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I reversed it (ran easy on the first, run/walk on the second), but then I was doing the second one with Laci and we both were more "rookie" at marathons at the time than you are now. I think we each only had 4 marathons under our belts going into it.

But when I did it, there were some people, maybe even SRL, who said that they had in the past PR'd on the second day of a double by taking the first one really easy or doing a run/walk. Given your ability to recover, I think you could follow this and make your second day the faster race. Which races are you doing? How much travel in between?

I would definitely try to find time after #1 to do three things, if you can: icebath/put your feet up in the air/epsom salt bath - whatever you know works for you; nap; and walk and stretch later in the day. Be sure to drink lots of water and refuel with protein and carbs both.

One is in Sarasota and 1.5 hours from the second one (Ft. Myers Beach).  The hotel for the second one has a spa so I assume they have a hot tub which I love before races.  Since I'll be driving I can have everything in my car.  I won't be able to do an ice bath right after #1 because I have to drive to #2 and do packet pickup.  After that, rest, and eat, I guess.

Thanks!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

DR the Hokas are back in the box and going back to the store today.

**irritated** I've used them on the weekends for the last 3 weeks.  This past weekend was 9 miles.  And after, my tendonitis flared up and my knees hurt for 2 days.  ADIOS.

What?  Sorry to hear this.  Which model did you order?  Bondi Bs?  :-(

Damaris

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

What?  Sorry to hear this.  Which model did you order?  Bondi Bs?  :-(

YEP.

It could be that they were too big - I never tried the next size down but when out running they didn't feel too big.

outoftheblue

Good morning runners.  Just 4 easy miles on tap for me, I'm taking it a little easy after my race on Sunday.

D -- I didn't realize you were running back-to-back marathons this weekend.  Wow!  And good luck.

Life is good.

One is in Sarasota and 1.5 hours from the second one (Ft. Myers Beach).  The hotel for the second one has a spa so I assume they have a hot tub which I love before races.  Since I'll be driving I can have everything in my car.  I won't be able to do an ice bath right after #1 because I have to drive to #2 and do packet pickup.  After that, rest, and eat, I guess.

Thanks!

My favorite place to vacation is Ft Myers Beach. If you eat fish try the Fresh Catch Bistro. Great grouper and the Bananas Foster is rather tasty. The Heavenly Biscuit is great for breakfast.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

YEP.

It could be that they were too big - I never tried the next size down but when out running they didn't feel too big.

Maybe the size down would've helped.  Not sure unless you are willing to try. Sorry!

Sparker, I will be there only for a night, but will try that for dinner.  Yum.

Damaris