Beginners and Beyond

What the WednesDAILIES (Read 42 times)

Well, 90 miles north of Whiskers, the rain was not a factor this morning for me.  Plan was for 10 but I had an emergent "situation," so cut it short.  Anyway, 2 warm up, 5x 1 mile @ 10K, and a mile or so cool down.  Onemile, I'm about to eat my words regarding your 6x 1 speed session being so crazy, that shit's on my schedule two weeks from today   I should have kept my damn mouth shut, lol.

LRB, I'm gonna get on that MaT like Donkey Kong.  And I totally agree on the breathing.  I got one of those aerating spout things, it cuts down the time it takes, but it still needs to sit out a bit.  The Prisoner (by the way, really off-putting image on that label) might be better tonight than it was Monday.

Question for my Ghost10 lovers: does anyone feel like the soles are slippery on wet surfaces?  I love every single thing about them, except that when the sidewalk gets even a little wet, I feel like I have zero traction--especially on toe off.  I'm curious if anyone else has had this experience, and if so, is there some way to fix it?

Oh, and Dave, I realized where I came up with Mukilteo for the bread.  The bag I have gave Milwaukie as the city of origin, but being a Washington native, that is meaningless and I substituted the closest rhyming option that was in my brain.  It's still delicious, even if it is made in Oregon   There are some redeeming things in that state.  Like Coast.  And my mom.  And bomb ass bread.

sdWhiskers

Wcrunner, they leave the cars unlocked with change, wallets, iPads, spare keys, garage remotes, etc. The criminals come through and try every car outside to see if they are locked. The one neighbor got $40 in change when his car was recovered (unlocked with a spare key). He also had another neighbors iPad and knife.

We used to have a Jeep wrangler with a soft top. Luckily, each time it was "broken into" they unzipped a window but didn't cut it. We never left anything in that vehicle except the Club. Even the owner's manual was stolen at one point

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That's just asking for trouble.

Down here, she wouldn't be asking.  For sure the car will go MIA within 5 minutes.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Well, 90 miles north of Whiskers, the rain was not a factor this morning for me.  Plan was for 10 but I had an emergent "situation," so cut it short.  Anyway, 2 warm up, 5x 1 mile @ 10K, and a mile or so cool down.  Onemile, I'm about to eat my words regarding your 6x 1 speed session being so crazy, that shit's on my schedule two weeks from today   I should have kept my damn mouth shut, lol.

LRB, I'm gonna get on that MaT like Donkey Kong.  And I totally agree on the breathing.  I got one of those aerating spout things, it cuts down the time it takes, but it still needs to sit out a bit.  The Prisoner (by the way, really off-putting image on that label) might be better tonight than it was Monday.

Question for my Ghost10 lovers: does anyone feel like the soles are slippery on wet surfaces?  I love every single thing about them, except that when the sidewalk gets even a little wet, I feel like I have zero traction--especially on toe off.  I'm curious if anyone else has had this experience, and if so, is there some way to fix it?

Oh, and Dave, I realized where I came up with Mukilteo for the bread.  The bag I have gave Milwaukie as the city of origin, but being a Washington native, that is meaningless and I substituted the closest rhyming option that was in my brain.  It's still delicious, even if it is made in Oregon   There are some redeeming things in that state.  Like Coast.  And my mom.  And bomb ass bread.

Glad to see you back around. Smile

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

"Optimal temperature for office work is 72 to 79 degrees"

lol

FTS, I would quit.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Attempted to run this morning but the ankle wasn't having it. Maybe tomorrow? Loosing my mind here.

I forgot how it started.  Did you twist it?  Nothing at all?

Damaris

LRB

Attempted to run this morning but the ankle wasn't having it. Maybe tomorrow? Loosing my mind here.

Your psyche needs a break, take a week off. Your ankle will appreciate it as well.

LRB

Down here, she wouldn't be asking.  For sure the car will go MIA within 5 minutes.

Amateurs. They'd be driving off in that bitch here before you got 10 feet away. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Amateurs. They'd be driving off in that bitch here before you got 10 feet away. 

That would be if you were in PR, silly.

Talking about that, my dad is returning to PR next week and he says he is scared of doing so.  Crime (which was bad before and which I would compare to as bad as the South Side of Chicago, if not worse), has gotten worse.  But he has to leave for a few months if he wants to come back at some point more permanently.

Damaris

Cyberic

"Optimal temperature for office work is 72 to 79 degrees"

lol

Not sure what's funny about this. My guess is that you find it too high? When I go to the States for conferences and stuff, it always amazes me how cold it is everywhere. In 2010 I went to New Orleans. In June. I only had sandals, shorts and thin tech polo shirts (golfer clothes, like). It was perfect clothing for outside, but I got sick from being cold in the conference center.

I like indoor temperature at 72 in the winter, and mid to high 70s in the summer.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

YES - slippery!  I suspect it's the rubber compound.  My Adidas (not the Run-DMC song) have Continental rubber and sticks like glue in the wet.  But like you said, I like everything else about the Ghost 10's.  They're still fairly new, so maybe there's some coating on them that need to wear off?  Might be wishful thinking.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Not sure what's funny about this. My guess is that you find it too high? When I go to the States for conferences and stuff, it always amazes me how cold it is everywhere. In 2010 I went to New Orleans. In June. I only had sandals, shorts and thin tech polo shirts (golfer clothes, like). It was perfect clothing for outside, but I got sick from being cold in the conference center.

I like indoor temperature at 72 in the winter, and mid to high 70s in the summer.

Yes, that is too hot for an office. 72F would be OK but at some point, anything above that makes my office above 83F.  But we live where it's hot as fuck most of the year so that could be why?

Damaris

Glad to see you back around. Smile

Girrrrrrl!!!  I missed a bunch of stuff, but I caught up on your 'thon puking odyssey of champions.  Holy hell, way to stick with it in shitty circumstances!  And I did get your telephoning it in at Disney reference.  My RWOL peeps can attest to the hilarious? horrible? RRs I've given of Disney half marathons where normal person pace was derailed by 1) RB who sprained an ankle in mile 2, so we ended up gallowalking that bitch to the end; and 2) same RB was on some sort of stupid training program whereby she would not allow her HR to exceed 140, and was evidently in terrible shape because, you guessed it, after mile 3 we were on the walk/run system and my head nearly exploded.  However, despite these problems, at no time EVER did I see the infamous balloon ladies, and we were in zero danger of being swept at any point.  ZERO.  So I concur, there is ample room for phoning that shit in with Disney.  Bless them.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Girrrrrrl!!!  I missed a bunch of stuff, but I caught up on your 'thon puking odyssey of champions.  Holy hell, way to stick with it in shitty circumstances!  And I did get your telephoning it in at Disney reference.  My RWOL peeps can attest to the hilarious? horrible? RRs I've given of Disney half marathons where normal person pace was derailed by 1) RB who sprained an ankle in mile 2, so we ended up gallowalking that bitch to the end; and 2) same RB was on some sort of stupid training program whereby she would not allow her HR to exceed 140, and was evidently in terrible shape because, you guessed it, after mile 3 we were on the walk/run system and my head nearly exploded.  However, despite these problems, at no time EVER did I see the infamous balloon ladies, and we were in zero danger of being swept at any point.  ZERO.  So I concur, there is ample room for phoning that shit in with Disney.  Bless them.

#youcompleteme Smile

Exactly!

Damaris

sdWhiskers

That's a US thing? I was in Wash DC for a conference last August when it was 90+ and 100% humidity outside. I brought sweaters and pants for all the meetings inside!