Beginners and Beyond

What the WednesDAILIES (Read 42 times)

sdWhiskers

Bert-O, a few years ago I had a horrible commute into work due to an inch of snow. Saw no plows on the road, but they were plowing and salting a city park (paved paths). Always good to see Baltimore city has their priorities in order.

My brother lives in Baltimore and had his car (parked on a street) hit by a snow plow one year. That was some spectacular damage

Half Crazy K 2.0

sdWhiskers, I imagine the car was nearly totaled. I live in the country. We had 2 feet of snow 2 years ago. The county will not come down your road if there are cars parked along it. My neighbors moved cars from their driveway into the street knowing it was going to snow because they wanted clear driveways. All have driveways that fit a minimum of 2 cars and garages. Clear driveways are worthless when you cannot drive on the street.

zzyzx

abs/shoulder/triceps and then 30 minutes on the exercise bike (hill setting, level 13, 10.14 miles)

bluerun

Super B****

Quick 10 miles on the bike trainer this morning — I decided to wait until this afternoon to run so that the black ice can melt, since I won’t be at work.  Whether I will ever get out of this salon is debatable. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

sdWhiskers

sdWhiskers, I imagine the car was nearly totaled.

It was pretty close! Yet surprisingly easy to deal with the city over the whole ordeal. Guess it happens a lot

This is the same car that he had broken into at least 5 times while living near the JHU campus...even though he never kept anything of value in there. Including one time where the thief seemingly used a crowbar to bend the top of the door out to get in, rather than just smash the window like usual. He has since moved to the Baltimore suburbs.

Half Crazy K 2.0

sdWhiskers, plenty of car break ins out in the burbs. I have some neighbors who don't like to lock their cars. They are then stunned each time stuff is stolen. After the first time, you would think they would lock the cars, but no.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

sdWhiskers, plenty of car break ins out in the burbs. I have some neighbors who don't like to lock their cars. They are then stunned each time stuff is stolen. After the first time, you would think they would lock the cars, but no.

Since the only thing of value I leave in my car is some loose change, I'd rather leave the car unlocked and let them steal the change than have them break a window and still steal the change.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

Quick 10 miles on the bike trainer this morning — I decided to wait until this afternoon to run so that the black ice can melt, since I won’t be at work.  Whether I will ever get out of this salon is debatable. 

I came across this bone chilling article and thought of you.

onemile

"Optimal temperature for office work is 72 to 79 degrees"

lol

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Yikes!

Waiting in the checkout line of a local grocery store over the weekend, one checkout worker looked miserable and cold, because being an urban grocery store, the checkouts are very close to the door.  However, my checkout worker was happy as a clam.  She said she was wearing 3 pairs of socks and 4 pairs of pants!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

bluerun

Super B****

😭😭

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Half Crazy K 2.0

"Optimal temperature for office work is 72 to 79 degrees"

lol

Warm in my office today. It's actually up to 70. Usually it's 67-68.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Wcrunner, they leave the cars unlocked with change, wallets, iPads, spare keys, garage remotes, etc. The criminals come through and try every car outside to see if they are locked. The one neighbor got $40 in change when his car was recovered (unlocked with a spare key). He also had another neighbors iPad and knife.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Wcrunner, they leave the cars unlocked with change, wallets, iPads, spare keys, garage remotes, etc. The criminals come through and try every car outside to see if they are locked. The one neighbor got $40 in change when his car was recovered (unlocked with a spare key). He also had another neighbors iPad and knife.

That's just asking for trouble.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Attempted to run this morning but the ankle wasn't having it. Maybe tomorrow? Loosing my mind here.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???