Beginners and Beyond

What a way to kick off the holiday weekend! (NRR, a follow up) (Read 214 times)

@runjerseygirl

Remember THIS POST, in which I raved about my performance review?  Well, I got a letter in the mail today stating that I was approved for a 2% bonus, and a 3% raise!  YAHOO!!!  I can't even begin to tell you how happy this makes me.  What an awesome Christmas gift!

Do you even run?

LRB

Like!

Little Blue

I know somebody who's getting some extra Christmas presents. Wink

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Likety, like, like!  Smile

That is awesome!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Luke79

Grats K.

aponi

never runs the tangents

much better than a year of the jelly of the month club

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

@runjerseygirl

much better than a year of the jelly of the month club

LOL!  I almost made a Christmas Vacation reference, but I held back. Smile

Do you even run?

happylily

That is wonderful! So very happy for you. :-)

I got my own big news this week. It was announced that our dear provincial government is granting me and my colleagues in the daycare business a big 12 cents increase per child per day (I look after 5). That salary increase is for two years, there won't be others. And yes, that's 12 cents, not 12 dollars. Not enough to cover the price increase for the milk I serve those kids.  You gotta love the government.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

CrisRuns

Great news! Congratulations!

Lily, they fix daycare prices? For real? Commies....

@runjerseygirl

That's almost as bad as the $5.43 per month that my mother in law was approved for in food stamps.

I got my own big news this week. It was announced that our dear provincial government is granting me and my colleagues in the daycare business a big 12 cents increase per child per day (I look after 5). That salary increase is for two years, there won't be others. And yes, that's 12 cents, not 12 dollars. Not enough to cover the price increase for the milk I serve those kids.  You gotta love the government.

Do you even run?

happylily

Great news! Congratulations!

Lily, they fix daycare prices? For real? Commies....

That's because I'm licensed and the rate for parents is subsidized by the government ($7/day). Parents pay me $7 a day, the government pays me the difference. I could go private and charge what I want, but it is less professional (in my own opinion) and the clientele less stable (who does not want to pay $7 a day, food included, for a spot in a daycare?)

happylily

That's almost as bad as the $5.43 per month that my mother in law was approved for in food stamps.

Yes! What upsets me is why don't they make it an even number? Like give me 10 cents, or 20... Or give me nothing, even better! But 12 cents? It's like a slap in the face.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Remember THIS POST, in which I raved about my performance review?  Well, I got a letter in the mail today stating that I was approved for a 2% bonus, and a 3% raise!  YAHOO!!!  I can't even begin to tell you how happy this makes me.  What an awesome Christmas gift!

Awesome news!  Go celebrate!

Damaris

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

YAY!!! Congrats!!! Seems everything is going so well for you right now running-wise with that awesome race report you had last weekend, and in your professional life too!!!!! Smile

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

YAY! wait...... not yay.... arg that is NOT enough

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to