Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailes (Read 37 times)

Little Blue

Pretty much. Anyway, if I don't have something hurting, I must be dead.

LRB

GUYS I RAN A MILE AND A HALF ALL AT ONE TIME.

It was amazing. No toe complaints whatsoever. Spent 7 hours standing at a concert last night with no toe issues, plus walking around a bunch before the show started, and when I started running today after walking the first mile I was like "fuck it I'll just see how far I can go without stopping". Hit 1.5 miles and decided I would be tempting fate to push too much farther this soon.

I thought you were going in to see about your toe pain. lol

Great news!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We began our flood warning until Monday.  And so it begins.  They don't expect it to be a hurricane or a tropical storm when it lands, but who knows?

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

OMG people, you really test my ADD with so many posts and sentences  Yeah, it's more soreness like "fuck this, I hate you" soreness but it just worries me. I mean I have to say I am surprised it took this long for any issues to start up, since this whole year my butt cheek and upper hammies have been giving me trouble, I'm surprised my training has done well.

It actually feels like I ran into something or bumped something hard in that area..... also the plank position utilizes the quads some and that might be irritating it too.... so I'll stop them for a while.

Also, I've got another issue which might be why it's a good thing if I don't run tomorrow.... or a little.... not sure if sweat makes poison ivy worse but I've got a horrible case of it all over my stomach, hips and thighs..... makes chafing even worse than usual   

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Speaking of sore, I have a massage Friday. I wish today was Thursday. I am beat the hell up. lol

My next massage isn't until September 26, but I am seriously thinking about setting up a short date for my legs lol.

Onemile I know what you mean, it just sucks because I am always freaking out lol. Last year was perfect, my first marathon training was perfect, no pain or anything and then BAM! that stupid stomach issue during the race 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

LRB

Whether true or not, Garmin says I burned 2006 calories during my run today and I have spent the past 10 hours trying to put every one of them bitches back in plus 1500.

More so than anything we do, eating to recover during MRT is of the utmost importance, and I am an expert at that shit.

LRB

OMG people, you really test my ADD with so many posts and sentences 

There are only like 5 pages.

I have ADD to the 25th power, and if I can keep up SO CAN YOU!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

There are only like 5 pages.

I have ADD to the 25th power, and if I can keep up SO CAN YOU!

I was meaning the paragraphs, knowing that I have another page to read makes me want to skim through all the other paragraphs and sentences really quick 

It's a good thing I don't feel that way about sex...........

PRs

Little Blue

.. not sure if sweat makes poison ivy worse but I've got a horrible case of it all over my stomach, hips and thighs..... makes chafing even worse than usual   

I think it does.  Whether it's the sweat/salt, or what Cy said about the blood flow, it definitely gets worse.  I currently have a case of chiggers (you northerners probably don't know what those are), but they're incredibly itchy, and I have a few dozen bites.  They got more itchy as my run when on this morning.  And some of them can't be scratched in public.

LRB

I was meaning the paragraphs, knowing that I have another page to read makes me want to skim through all the other paragraphs and sentences really quick 

It's a good thing I don't feel that way about sex...........

Um, we're not talking sex we're talking crap. Now report to the poop thread and tell us how it goes down FFS.

cjones1

Um, we're not talking sex we're talking crap. Now report to the poop thread and tell us how it goes down FFS.

An eventful Saturday for my absence around here. Rest day and for some reason, it has made me a grouch.  But at least I got to tell everybody about my pooping habits.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

LRB

An eventful Saturday for my absence around here. Rest day and for some reason, it has made me a grouch.  But at least I got to tell everybody about my pooping habits.

You Sir have done the deed, thank you. Now go do the deed.

LRB

If I eat another morsel my stomach is going to split geezus. I am done.

Speaking of gluttony; Jenny you averaged 7:48 over 18 today, I averaged 7:56 over 14. You ate my lunch. Smile

DavePNW

I have outdone you. So there.

Dave

onemile

If I eat another morsel my stomach is going to split geezus. I am done.

Speaking of gluttony; Jenny you averaged 7:48 over 18 today, I averaged 7:56 over 14. You ate my lunch. Smile

Cottage cheese sandwich?

Except your MP miles were at my HMP!