Beginners and Beyond

Deep in snow TuesDAILIES (Read 34 times)

KCRuns

Took my last antibiotic today...we'll see if death begins again tomorrow like it did the last time my antibiotic ran out.

I look forward to joining you all in weather related running complaints shortly.

Crossing my fingers and hoping this is the last of it for you!  Are you taking anything extra, like EmergenC-Immunity Plus?  I find that stuff really helps.

DavePNW

Thanks everyone. Just looking for validation on what I was probably already going to do. Heh.

Either way.  I think you'll be fine if you don't put any more miles on them.  If those were my shoes, I'd race in them.  If you do want to use a fresh pair for your race, start breaking them in now.  I'd want to put 50 miles or so on a pair prior to marathoning in them, but I have also done a HM on a pair that had zero.

I've done this for a 10k.

I don't really have a "usual", but the current mileage is on the upper end of what's typical, and they would still be used a few more times before race. I have an MP workout tomorrow which is when I figured I'd start a new pair that I already have in inventory, then get a handful of additional runs on them (including this weekend's 10k) before the marathon.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have run marathons with shoes in past 350 miles. I got some cramps during one which I attribute to that but otherwise, not a big deal.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Indy broke the record low today with 8F.  IT'S ME, haha.

Damaris

DavePNW

I have run marathons with shoes in past 350 miles. I got some cramps during one which I attribute to that but otherwise, not a big deal.

This is actually one piece of data I don't think you can research on the log here.

Dave

DavePNW

Indy broke the record low today with 8F.  IT'S ME, haha.

Nothing's in the middle for you, gotta be one extreme or the other.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

That TJ's trip was just as fun as I expected. And there were wet white things falling from the sky.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

This is actually one piece of data I don't think you can research on the log here.

Leg cramps?  Technically it would if I include my RR to the comments section which I never do.  

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That TJ's trip was just as fun as I expected. And there were wet white things falling from the sky.

Better white things than gringos (movie reference). Big grin

Damaris

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Crossing my fingers and hoping this is the last of it for you!  Are you taking anything extra, like EmergenC-Immunity Plus?  I find that stuff really helps.

Thank you. Been doing as much as I can with the extra stuff. Most of my work desk is covered in medications and treatments! It's shocking how long and how bad the cough has been.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

DavePNW

Leg cramps?  Technically it would if I include my RR to the comments section which I never do.  

Ha, no, the number of miles on your shoe for a given run.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Better white things than gringos (movie reference). Big grin

Oh, you definitely got the right person for that, considering I think the last movie I saw was about five years ago

chasing the impossible

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ha, no, the number of miles on your shoe for a given run.

Ah, yeah.  That would be nice.  LOL

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, you definitely got the right person for that, considering I think the last movie I saw was about five years ago

That's cool. I am sure you might have been a child when gringos fell from the sky...

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

That's cool. I am sure you might have been a child when gringos fell from the sky...

Google tells me I was two when that movie came out. Wasn't really watching then either.

chasing the impossible