Beginners and Beyond

The Disney Side of SunDAILIES (Read 44 times)

LRB

12.5 in the cold rain. Only runners will go out in this. I saw two total people on my run. Two!  I usually see tons. One guy said " yep, only us hardcore ones."  I answered back 'or those that don't know any better!' Did get to explore another neighborhood I hadn't been in beore. Pretty. I like this new bike path. Gives me access to other areas to run.

Yeah sometimes you just gotta get that bad boy in!

outoftheblue

20.2 miles in 3:38:33 on the reservoir trail done this morning.  I have officially entered taper-land.  No matter what happens on race day, I am extremely happy and proud to have completed the training cycle to the point of taper.  This was, by far, my most ambitious training cycle and there were a lot of times where I doubted whether I would make it.  Now, it could well be that I'm egregiously overtrained and will go down in flames on race day.  But, I wanted to give this a try.  3 weeks from now, I will learn whether it was smart or not.  Right now, I am going to give myself a pat on the back and a piece of deep dish pizza.

Lurch -- awesome job on your PR!  Your training IS paying off.

Life is good.

LRB

20.2 miles in 3:38:33 on the reservoir trail done this morning.  I have officially entered taper-land.  No matter what happens on race day, I am extremely happy and proud to have completed the training cycle to the point of taper.  This was, by far, my most ambitious training cycle and there were a lot of times where I doubted whether I would make it.  Now, it could well be that I'm egregiously overtrained and will go down in flames on race day.  But, I wanted to give this a try.  3 weeks from now, I will learn whether it was smart or not.  Right now, I am going to give myself a pat on the back and a piece of deep dish pizza.

It seems like you have been training forever having run a summer marathon but the fact that you did not race that one bodes well for you.

Enjoy that yumminess, you have earned it girl!

happylily

Lurch -- awesome job on your PR!  Your training IS paying off.

I have been following your training with great pleasure, OOTB. I'm sure none of it was easy, but that's what training is all about. Now the hay's in the barn. Taper wisely and don't hesitate to take a few days off if you feel like it before the big day. Congratulations on your last LR!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

And for me, 12 miles. 8:34 pace. Today it felt arduous, but I call it a mental victory, because I really didn't feel like running 12. But I did not stop once (not even for a pit stop!), so yeah me. :-) Now off to shower, then make supper.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

B-Plus

Enjoy the taper blue!

outoftheblue

Thanks LRB, happylily and B+.   The support of the people on this forum was one of the things that kept me focused and motivated when times got tough.

Life is good.

LRB

Thanks LRB, happylily and B+.   The support of the people on this forum was one of the things that kept me focused and motivated when times got tough.

There is truth to that, sometimes when I want to cut a run short I remember that I posted I was running X number of miles, which keeps me honest.

Zelanie

OOTB- You have had a superb training cycle!  Enjoy the taper, and I'll be rooting for you on race day!

The pace bunny was ahead of me for like 13 hours today, so I went out and ran 10 miles.  First double-digit run since my marathon, and my mileage is back where I want it to be.

I was looking for Mia's harness, because Zoe took it off  (she knows how to bite the clip to open it) when I was running with the dogs on Friday night, and I hadn't been able to find it in the dark.  I didn't see it on the way out, but on the way back, I saw it hanging by the start of the trail.  When I got home, there was a voicemail from the person who found it, so I must have run right by her today.   It's still probably time to get a harness with a clip in another spot.  We can't do a collar because Zoe either pulls it off Mia's head, or bites it hard enough to either open the clip or choke Mia. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice OOTB.

And to top an unlucky week, I ran only 9.60.  During Mile 9 this happened:

Damaris

You Rang?

The report is up for your viewing pleasure!

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

nice work OOTB and Marjorie.

12.27 tempo.

You Rang?

Nice OOTB.

And to top an unlucky week, I ran only 9.60.  During Mile 9 this happened:

Ouch, otherwise nice leg!

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

LRB

Ouch, otherwise nice leg!

+1

Be careful!

Zelanie

Ouch, sorry, D!