Beginners and Beyond

No Excuse TuesDAILIES (Read 35 times)

LRB

Sleep won out.

I'm good.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

You slept in so late I was contemplating starting the dailies.

Another day for dodging t-storms and the heat, but I will get out for a few.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 8 with 3 @ 10K pace tonight.

Damaris

delicate flower

Hey there!  WOW did I have a lousy swim this morning!  I haven't felt that slow in the water in quite a while.  Neither my arms nor my legs could do much of anything.  Oh well.  Onward we go.

21:29 

The DP is currently 73°.

Nice job, Bluerun!  That had to be pretty awful to race in.  Log stalk comment:  I am impressed with how high your heart rate got.  I think my chest would explode if I was up around 190.

<3

onemile

I ran 9 with 12 x 600m hard with 200m float recovery.  It was scheduled for tomorrow but I decided to move it to today because tomorrow is going to be super humid (and the rest of the week).  But I don't know that would have been much worse doing it tomorrow. It was way hard and ended up being slow. After the 4th one I almost decided to scrap it and try again tomorrow but I decided to stick it out.  I guess I needed that extra recovery day after all. 

I got up and out early for my 7 miles today - first because I wanted to try and beat some of the heat, but second because our new couch is being delivered today and someone needs to be here for it.  I guess I sort of beat the heat -- the sun didn't really come out full force until the last couple of miles, but it was so muggy anyway.  7.75 miles by the time all was said and done.

The new couch has TWO power recliners!  And USB chargers in the arms!  It's going to be amazing!!  

And I got an e-mail from Orangetheory to let me know that my 500m row time was the top time (tied with another woman) for the 40+ women's category, so I won $25 in "studio bucks"!  So far, Tuesday has been very successful!

12 x 600m hard

W.T.F.

6 miles.

Dave

Nice job, Bluerun!  That had to be pretty awful to race in.  Log stalk comment:  I am impressed with how high your heart rate got.  I think my chest would explode if I was up around 190.

Well, you're old.

+1 on the congrats to bluerun.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

25 trainer miles, swim scheduled for tonight.

+1 on the congrats to bluerun.

Thanks... though I'm not exactly thrilled!!  My HR does tend to get very high very fast when I start moving, but this is a bit much even for me.  I think my chest might actually have exploded.

In fact, it was so much fun that I'm considering registering for tomorrow night's 5K.  Conditions are expected to be similar, if not worse.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

In fact, it was so much fun that I'm considering registering for tomorrow night's 5K.  Conditions are expected to be similar, if not worse.

If you are going for the Glutton for Punishment Award, you're making a good run at it, but you've got some tough competition around here.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

If you are going for the Glutton for Punishment Award, you're making a good run at it, but you've got some tough competition around here.

I figure I need to run three crappy races in a row in order to say that it's me who sucks.  Just one more to go!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

I figure I need to run three crappy races in a row in order to say that it's me who sucks.  Just one more to go!

If you want to race in the heat and humidity you should learn to not take it personally

That's why I try to avoid it, because I start thinking it's me and not the weather that sucks

If you want to race in the heat and humidity you should learn to not take it personally

That's why I try to avoid it, because I start thinking it's me and not the weather that sucks

Right. We all have plenty of opportunities to suck on our own, without any help.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I got up and out early for my 7 miles today - first because I wanted to try and beat some of the heat, but second because our new couch is being delivered today and someone needs to be here for it.  I guess I sort of beat the heat -- the sun didn't really come out full force until the last couple of miles, but it was so muggy anyway.  7.75 miles by the time all was said and done.

The new couch has TWO power recliners!  And USB chargers in the arms!  It's going to be amazing!!  

And I got an e-mail from Orangetheory to let me know that my 500m row time was the top time (tied with another woman) for the 40+ women's category, so I won $25 in "studio bucks"!  So far, Tuesday has been very successful!

Nice!  I've never done performance week. So, I will get to row 2000m on Thursday and they time me?  Gah.

Damaris

The new couch has TWO power recliners!  And USB chargers in the arms!  It's going to be amazingly hard to get up out of it to go running!!  

This.

Dave