Beginners and Beyond

Sunday Penguins Love To Run! (Read 25 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning!

This morning was a great run for me! An easy 4 and my weekly mileage is in the books!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

1hr 14minutes til start.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Awood - Good Luck!

Philliefan33

Good morning Gus.  You got a very early Sunday start.

Awood, you probably won't see this before you start, but good luck!

DH and I ran a 5K yesterday. My goal was to finish under 30:00, and my stretch goal was to run /finish with DH. Got the first one with room to spare:  28:48. Almost hit the second goal; I was on DH's shoulder until the beginning of mile 3. I kept close but could never quite catch up, so finished two seconds behind him.

Today I plan to to 6-miler at the park. But first I've got cookies to bake. Have a good day everyone!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Phillie amazing job!!! Congrats!

awood good luck!

Gustav glad you had a great run!

AFM- going to take the dog out for a run in a bit. Either 2 miles or 4 depending on how she is behaving. Then I have a coworker's wedding this afternoon.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats on the sub-30 Margo  !!!!

RD for us after yesterdays LR.  Hardly sore at all today.  DD still in Berlin.  Her hostel roommates live a couple of miles from us and go to her alma mater U of I.  Small world.  Other DD and fiance coming over for belated St Paddys day/B Day, corned beef and Harp.

NCAA for me.  Go Cyclones, beat the buckeyes.

Bin Running

Gustav, enjoy the easy 4. Have you decide on your 5k plan?

Awood, good luck hope you can still do well despite the  illness.

Margo, congrats in sub 30. 2sec is consider finish together to me.

Kristin, enjoy the run with dog later.

11M done this morning. Easy pace. Still feeling a little heaty. The Chinese way of describing condition.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

hog4life

Gustav, it's always nice to have those amazing runs!

Awood, probably done by now, hope you did well.

Margo, congrats, awesome time! I'm with Bin, 2 seconds behind DH is together.

Kristin, enjoy the run with pup.

Jerry, enjoy the RD.

Bin, nice job on the 11.

im about to head off to church, and then may take my pup for a run. I had a good 11.1 mile LR yesterday, so any miles today will be easy.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

ended up with 2.5 with the doggie. Decided to do 2, but wasn't paying attention and looked down and saw 2.4 on the Garmin. Now time to get ready for the wedding.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  It is unfathomable for me to imagine a race that starts at 10am because ours start at 6am and that's even late.  But hoping Awood is killing it already!

I might run, I might not.  Trixie is still in the hospital, but the vet said she is doing better.  I am going to head there with some of her food to see if she would eat (she has not been eating).

Damaris

Philliefan33

Morning!  It is unfathomable for me to imagine a race that starts at 10am because ours start at 6am and that's even late.  But hoping Awood is killing it already!

Changes in latitude, changes in attitude. My 5K yesterday started at 5:15 p.m., but since the "feels like" temperature at the time was 38 degrees the late start was not an issue.

Awood is probably not in danger for heat stroke today.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, I know.  Still it's hard for me to imagine.  NYCM for me started at 10:45am and I was starving, since at this time it's when I finish marathons, not start them.  I go all crazy.

Changes in latitude, changes in attitude. My 5K yesterday started at 5:15 p.m., but since the "feels like" temperature at the time was 38 degrees the late start was not an issue.

Awood is probably not in danger for heat stroke today.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

Margo - congratulations on yesterdays good 5k.  I agree, only two seconds is finishing together.

Awood - hope the race is going well.

Gustav - nice to get the run done early.

Kristin - hope you enjoy the wedding.  Is this the same one that had the bachelor party your BF went to yesterday?

Jerry - enjoy the basketball and the belated St. Paddy's celebration.

Bin - nice long run.  Does feeling heaty mean having a fever, or being on fire in a good sense?

AFM:  I'll do a few miles on the TM this afternoon.  My husband wants to go to the Sports Show in Carlisle that replaced the cancelled Eastern Sports Show, so how far I run will probably depend on how much walking I end up doing there.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Nope, last night was his friend from law school, today is my friend from work. He is in his early 30s, I am in my late 20s, we have a LOT of weddings lol...this is my 7th in a year, his friend who's bachelor party was last night is getting married in April and that will be my 8th in a year between his friends and my friends lol

Margo - congratulations on yesterdays good 5k.  I agree, only two seconds is finishing together.

Awood - hope the race is going well.

Gustav - nice to get the run done early.

Kristin - hope you enjoy the wedding.  Is this the same one that had the bachelor party your BF went to yesterday?

Jerry - enjoy the basketball and the belated St. Paddy's celebration.

Bin - nice long run.  Does feeling heaty mean having a fever, or being on fire in a good sense?

AFM:  I'll do a few miles on the TM this afternoon.  My husband wants to go to the Sports Show in Carlisle that replaced the cancelled Eastern Sports Show, so how far I run will probably depend on how much walking I end up doing there.