Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #207 (Read 28 times)

Cyberic

Someone has to start the dailies

Cyberic

Ran 16ish. First 12 miles ran on the mountain with my friend. Maybe 1000 ft elevation change, per Strava. Then I decided to finish my LR with 5K at MP. After 3K it was either I quit or took a break. I chose the latter. Took a break, even sat down for a while, then headed out for the last 2.2K or something remaining. Damn, I was out of breath at the end as if I had done an intervals session. Not exactly like that, but close. Anyways, I'm dead.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 6 miles tonight.

Damaris

Easy morning: 1mi road crown in parking lot, 20 min pool run, 10min back and breast

Hard morning: Pull the stump, neighbor helped.  The neighbors tree that fell was right against our chainlink fence which the tree fell on ... in order to fix the fence had to pull the stump.

sdWhiskers

sdWhiskers

10 miles with RP. Gyms are all closed here now so this morning's route (multi use path around bay) was waaaay more crowded than normal. Also seemed like running groups are back to meeting up 

Ran too hard, whole run was at MP. We were discussing school in Fall and it turned into another rage run. So legs are tired but it's definitely good therapy.

We go camping tomorrow! Of course, that means I won't be able to upload any runs (because no one should bring a laptop camping) unless I can spot Garmin $10M.

LRB

I ran 14.

I had Till I collapse on repeat from miles 2 through 8 and was dropping 8:43s like it was my job (I wasn't looking at my watch). I felt no fatigue in my legs at no point during the run and other than fighting off boredom it was a decent run.

I have my soon to be famous chocolate cake in the oven for a gathering with the kids in a couple of hours. Everyone is baking something so I might need to run another 14 tomorrow. lol

Half Crazy K 2.0

8 miles. Got a late start, so picked a route that was soewhat shady. It helped that it is mostly cloudy, so it wasn't awful.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The Marshall Marathon canceled and they are "shocked" and "devastated" by the city's cancelation. Apparently, they have been living in a basement the last 7 months.

Damaris

DavePNW

Once again showed up at the Saturday morning running group place & time, and finally...score! Group of 5 guys for 9ish, then kept going with one guy to finish with 18.67. No interest in making it a even 19. Still, my longest run of 2020.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

The Marshall Marathon canceled and they are "shocked" and "devastated" by the city's cancelation. Apparently, they have been living in a basement the last 7 months.

Well, WV was the last state to report any cases, so guess they are still figuring this out. Of course, if you don't test, you odn't have cases.....

DavePNW

Aaaand...my computer no longer recognizes my Garmin when I connect it to the USB. Tried disconnecting/reconnecting and different ports, no luck. Dammit. 

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Aaaand...my computer no longer recognizes my Garmin when I connect it to the USB. Tried disconnecting/reconnecting and different ports, no luck. Dammit. 

Sorry you got what my Mac has!

Damaris

sdWhiskers

For me, this means the prongs (?) on the cable are stuck down instead of up. Googling can provide things to try but poking them a few times, scraping off dirt, etc will get it unstuck. Weirdly mine will still charge but computer doesn't otherwise recognize it when its like that.

DavePNW

For me, this means the prongs (?) on the cable are stuck down instead of up. Googling can provide things to try but poking them a few times, scraping off dirt, etc will get it unstuck. Weirdly mine will still charge but computer doesn't otherwise recognize it when its like that.

Yes. Reminds me of my old 210 with the clip connector which was notoriously, horrendously finicky about connecting. And it could be connected to charge but not to send data. That seemed to be more about the connection to the watch than to the computer. I’d have to repeatedly disconnect/reconnect, jiggle it, say sacred incantations, etc. Maybe that is the case here, IDK. All I know is that if this is going to continue to be a thing, Garmin better get their shit together soon.

Dave