Beginners and Beyond

SaturDailies (Read 33 times)

LRB

I ran 7. It wasn't as awful as the past two day's runs have been. Around mile 4, it started sprinkling, which in 72 degrees and overcast skies, was just a tease. At one point I screamed to the sky, "OPEN UP ALREADY!" but it never did. Nope, the sprinkling just made it stuffy, turning a not so bad run, into an icky one.

Cyberic

Good morning!

I rode 73 hilly miles.  I went out in BFE, and snagged a neat picture.  Have you guys ever seen a Post Office like this? Yep, that's a porta potty and hand sink that are bolted to the concrete.  It doesn't seem to be a temporary thing.

Have a great rest of the day!

BFE: Had to look that one up. Never heard anyone ever say that, even in its long form.

That's a post office? Wow!

Cyberic

PleasantRidge, just checked your log out. Holy shoot. You've been biking about 12 hours and running about 6 hours per week lately.

I'm running about 10 hours and am tired as hell. I can't imagine going for 18 hours per week.

Impressive.

KCRuns

Summer has officially  arrived. It was HOT and HUMID here this morning. Ugh, so humid. And the sun was shiny and bright. But I got it done. The Soldier Field 10 Miler is one of my favorite races of the year! 10 miles done, 1:49:03, a 46 second PR. My legs were/are still tired from Thursday’s race, but I’m very happy with my second PR of the week 😊

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Summer has officially  arrived. It was HOT and HUMID here this morning. Ugh, so humid. And the sun was shiny and bright. But I got it done. The Soldier Field 10 Miler is one of my favorite races of the year! 10 miles done, 1:49:03, a 46 second PR. My legs were/are still tired from Thursday’s race, but I’m very happy with my second PR of the week 😊

Congrats!

Damaris

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Congrats on another PR!  Try to save some for the rest of us.

Runner with a riding problem.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

PleasantRidge, just checked your log out. Holy shoot. You've been biking about 12 hours and running about 6 hours per week lately.

I'm running about 10 hours and am tired as hell. I can't imagine going for 18 hours per week.

Impressive.

I don't know if it's impressive, or a cry for help.  That's what an addictive personality, no social life, and early-morning insomnia will get you.

onemile

Impressive.

Don't you remember when PR used to run 12 miles every single day? he's always been a nut 

onemile

Congrats! I don't know how you did that in the heat!

onemile

I went to the Ikea that just opened a week and a half ago. There were no less than 30 people directing traffic in the parking lot. What a complete nuthouse.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I went to the Ikea that just opened a week and a half ago. There were no less than 30 people directing traffic in the parking lot. What a complete nuthouse.

That never goes away, though.  There is one here and driving near it makes me want to pull my hair out.

Damaris

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Don't you remember when PR used to run 12 miles every single day? he's always been a nut 

I don't know a single person that would disagree.  My wife thinks I'm crazy, and she couldn't tell you how much time I really spend on the road.  She just knows it's a daily thing I do before she wakes up.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

We'll done!

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

zzyzx

Pretty typical week of bike/stairs/lifting.

Today is run day and my goal was 9. I made it 8.7 and balked on the last hill. I walked about 1/5 of a mile and then ran the .3 I was missing. 8.7 at 8:40 is the real run.

On my cool down walk I decided to measure my running segments. The first one was .1 miles, the second .2, and the third .7, so I actually ran 10 miles today, even if only the 8.7 counts.

Cyberic

so I actually ran 10 miles today, even if only the 8.7 counts.