Beginners and Beyond

Fat Boy WednesDAILIES (Read 40 times)

LRB

'Sup.

I ran some intervals, my first speed session of the year. I certainly didn't get cheated on any meals this winter. Doughnuts and brownies and cookies and pie were falling off of me the entire time. That shit was hard!

From the Internet.

Jogged 20 minutes and swam 14 laps last night, failed at waking up to run this morning. Tragic. I'll do 4-ish at some point tonight and maybe finally take my bike out if it's still light when I get home - missed my opportunity yesterday because i had to pick up my sick kid from her afterschool program ASAP!

delicate flower

Hello, Wednesday party people!  I had a good swim this morning.  I'm getting faster since I ditched the pull buoy and it's taken about 8 weeks to see the gains, which is about what I expected.  Tempo run tonight.

Speaking of bikes, I finally took mine off the trainer and rode outside yesterday for the first time this year.  All the hard winter training has helped because I am picking up right where I left off at the end of last season, rather than needing to build back up.  Good times.

<3

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 36 miles in strong winds, on dead-as-hell legs.  It was a slow and hard enough ride, that I got emotional when I saw my driveway.  The last 1/10 was the best part.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Jogged 20 minutes and swam 14 laps last night, failed at waking up to run this morning. Tragic. I'll do 4-ish at some point tonight and maybe finally take my bike out if it's still light when I get home - missed my opportunity yesterday because i had to pick up my sick kid from her afterschool program ASAP!

I'm not sure from the pic.  Is your bike a Dolce with the 105 groupset?

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 7 and weights tonight.

Damaris

From the Internet.

I'm not sure from the pic.  Is your bike a Dolce with the 105 groupset?

Dolce but like, very entry-level with the Claris - got it on sale for under 600 brand-new, so I'll likely keep it as a ride-around-town/bike rides with the kid sort of bike when I'm ready to upgrade rather than sell it.

LRB

Hello, Wednesday party people!  I had a good swim this morning.  I'm getting faster since I ditched the pull buoy and it's taken about 8 weeks to see the gains, which is about what I expected.  Tempo run tonight.

Speaking of bikes, I finally took mine off the trainer and rode outside yesterday for the first time this year.  All the hard winter training has helped because I am picking up right where I left off at the end of last season, rather than needing to build back up.  Good times.

Will you be racing on it anytime soon?

bluerun

Super B****

AlterG 5.5

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

Will you be racing on it anytime soon?

I've got a 70.3 on June 3, and it's a very tough race.  I'm glad I still have time to hit the hills.  I am hoping to do something shorter before that...maybe a duathlon.

<3

sdWhiskers

4 easy miles. I need the sun to come up 530am.

12. Ugh.

Dave

I'm meeting a group at the LRS this evening after work.  You guys are cool and all, but I need some IRL friends.  A couple weeks ago I went to a class that was supposed to last 6 weeks on "mothering," with the hope of meeting some people and getting out of my bubble of alone, but  realized that while there are some mothers that seem ok, I really didn't like these mothers who spent most of the evening bitching that their thighs got too bulky from spin class so they had to find something else to make them skinny.  It took a lot of self-control not to suggest they try the nicotine and cocaine diet, since that was apparently the look they were going for.  Anyway, not my village at all.

I suspect some runners who like beer may be more my style.  We shall see.  I'm a really lazy extrovert--I like people, but have a hard time dragging myself out of my routine to interact with them.  This is a big thing for me.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Introvert here. I get updates for the Holabird Sports run group, but never have gone. Even the promise of gift cards hasn't swayed me.

bluerun

Super B****

Second the introvert.  I feel like group runs are better in theory than in actuality.  Like, I feel like an awkward freak 98% of the time, why would I want to extend that into running too?

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog