Beginners and Beyond

Fab-Fridailies (Read 33 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have never followed the 10% rule. Listen to your vody and do whatever distance without injury but not necessarily following an arbitrary rule that they pulled out of someone’s ass.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I have never followed the 10% rule. Listen to your vody and do whatever distance without injury but not necessarily following an arbitrary rule that they pulled out of someone’s ass.

Okay, well I've only got 2 days left of June so if the next two days go well I should see 110-115.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

Another URD. Not sure when I'll be ready to test it. I guess it's mental more than physical, I am afraid it will be exactly the same.

Are you still feeling it throughout the day?

LRB

Wouldn't that be risking an injury? Shouldn't I follow some sort of 10% rule or something, I haven't seen near 125 miles in........... goodness it was probably in 2017 lol

But eh, if I reach between 110-115 and feel good, I'll be happy 

It was just be for the entertainment value of seeing you trying to figure out how to do it. 

onemile

It was just be for the entertainment value of seeing you trying to figure out how to do it. 

I think we could make some suggestions.

LRB

Scott Jurek posted this trailer on his instagram, thought it interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E888AnlnPMQ

I've been wanting to turn more toward a vegetarian lifestyle, but I'm such a freaking picky eater and find it hard trying new things 

Don't become a vegetarian, running is dumb enough. Combining the two of them would make you dumb and dumber, and no one with half a brain is that.

LRB

Egggsactly 👍

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

If I ever meet you in person, beware.......

I am not going to try and figure out how to tack on another 21 miles in two days 

I could do 11 miles tomorrow and then 10 Sunday 

Or I could just go ahead and do 5 tomorrow and 16 miles on Sunday 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

onemile

5.3 and 15.3

LRB

Predictably, my entire backside was tighter than the lid on a 10 year old jar of pickles, but I managed to tiptoe for 30 minutes this morning.

It was "only" 72 degrees but felt really warm, so to the people who've been complaining about the lack of summer weather; It's. About. To. Go. Down!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

PRs

Scott Jurek posted this trailer on his instagram, thought it interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E888AnlnPMQ

I've been wanting to turn more toward a vegetarian lifestyle, but I'm such a freaking picky eater and find it hard trying new things 

Long story but I went Vegan four days a week for 6 months to fix my cholesterol, and change my eating habits;  by having fixed days only it gives you time to think and plan the vegan days.

I work 4 days a week, work days were vegan days.

i’ve always have been the cook, my wife doesn’t cook and she is a pick eater, mostly not health food, because I had to cook for her I got trapped no fish, no veggies except regular salad, no beans, no turkey, no chicken breasts, etc.

... Walmart’s Almond milk is only $1.78 a half gallon where I live

LRB

If I ever meet you in person, beware....... 

I'm not into s&m so you'll be disappointed. m&m's on the other hand, might get you somewhere. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'm not into s&m so you'll be disappointed. m&m's on the other hand, might get you somewhere. 

Lmao! What about a drink?

PRs

DavePNW

Are you still feeling it throughout the day?

Not bad, but a little bit, enough to know it's still there. However as we have all experienced, pain felt while not running may or may not correlate to pain while running. Sometimes things only hurt while running, sometimes they hurt only while not running. So IDK.

Dave