Beginners and Beyond

Whar, SunDAILIES, whar???? (Read 43 times)

LRB

People still buy running shirts??  I have so many of them from races, I don't think I'll have to buy another one if I live to be a hundred.

The temps for two of my marathons was 38 F, I wore and singlet for both. I get too hot in short sleeves, plus I like the look of singlets.

LRB

It was 28* and windy last year FFS.

Brr. No wind, please. No wind.

Cyberic

People still buy running shirts??  I have so many of them from races, I don't think I'll have to buy another one if I live to be a hundred.

Sell them on eBay, then register in more races with the money, sell the shirts, ... Notice a pattern here? 

bluerun

Super B****

People wear the shirts they get from races??

If they fit, yes.  (Admittedly, that doesn't happen very often.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

The temps for two of my marathons was 38 F, I wore and singlet for both. I get too hot in short sleeves, plus I like the look of singlets.

Some races give singlets

chasing the impossible

onemile

I have I think four race shirts that fit and I actually wear for running.  One is a long sleeve. There aren't very many days where I choose a short sleeve... tank top or LS.  So that hardly covers my running wardrobe.

People wear the shirts they get from races??

They are all I ever run in. Except in winter since I don't have enough LS race shirts when layering is required. Although I won't have to worry about that nearly so much anymore. 

Dave

I was gonna say...I didn't think you ever got any that weren't tents.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

I was gonna say...I didn't think you ever got any that weren't tents.

I did!  It's usually fine when they have gender specific shirts.

Most of the shirts I bought (before I started doing so many races) were long sleeves.  So I'm pretty much set any way you look at it...

chasing the impossible

LRB

Some races give singlets

I wouldn't paint my house in the shit we get around here. lol Most are type A4 which sticks to you like a bath towel when wet.

My best event shirts are actually long sleeve, and from my marathons; two from Detroit and one from Charelvoix. I give most of the others away to family.

But then again we have different standards for gear; I like mine one way and you like yours another, so we are comparing apples to oranges.

bluerun

Super B****

I wouldn't paint my house in the shit we get around here. lol Most are type A4 which sticks to you like a bath towel when wet.

My best event shirts are actually long sleeve, and from my marathons; two from Detroit and one from Charelvoix. I give most of the others away to family.

But then again we have different standards for gear; I like mine one way and you like yours another, so we are comparing apples to oranges.

True, though I'm with you on the A4... I was confused at first.  This is supposedly tech, why is it so awful?!

The best race shirts I've gotten were actually from Jerusalem and Tel Aviv.  That's totally the reason I keep going back every year. /s

chasing the impossible

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

But those are useless!

Damaris

onemile

Cheap tech fabric sucks.  The Chicago marathon (Nike) and Boston (Adidas) shirts were both pretty nice. And thankfully at Boston, I was able to exchange for a smaller size so it fits okay otherwise it would have been another too big waste.

Most races in my area give cheap tech fabric men's sized tech shirts.  They are always too long, and usually way too big, even in a small.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The local ones here are all cotton. Hence for useless.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

Most races in my area give cheap tech fabric men's sized tech shirts.  They are always too long, and usually way too big, even in a small.

The shirts for tomorrow's race, they said, are "unisex."

Yes, that's why they say "men's" inside. 

chasing the impossible