Beginners and Beyond

Saturday (Read 41 times)

onemile

We're supposed to get that and I was excited for a return to running. Then I realized that most of the day will be in the single digits, with the 20s coming near midnight. Great.

I wore the adrenalines for about 80 miles and would not consider them a LR shoe. I think each shoe manufacturer has a cushioned (read, heavy) shoe in their rotation, I would look there if I were you.

It's supposed to hit 20 by 10am here

Baboon

delicate flower

Are you still using your coach?

Yes.  I'll be back to my planned schedule this coming week.  He's given me all bike workouts the past two weeks but I've been swapping some of those for runs as my leg has allowed.

<3

Cyberic

Tomorrow is another sub 0 day here (the 100th in a row, IIRC), and Monday it's supposed to go as high as 38 degrees  With snow, of course

LRB

We'll be dancing in the streets!

onemile

Tomorrow is another sub 0 day here (the 100th in a row, IIRC), and Monday it's supposed to go as high as 38 degrees  With snow, of course

RunningOnSand

I bought some Peach flavored Noosa yogurt. I'm excited to try it out (it hasn't expired yet!).

Hosted a party last night, had a fantastic time in our new house, stayed up way too late, and resolved I wouldn't be able to get my run done. With some finagling, I was able to do it! 10 mile progression run on the TM: done! My legs are all tight now, but I bought some Chocolate Ripple milk (pea protein milk) and am hoping that aids in my muscle recovery? If it doesn't, it still tastes great. Big grin

RunningOnSand

Holy shiz. Your weather sucks! 100 days in a row??? It's been cold for us, too, but at least it didn't get cold til December. We're supposed to see weather in the 20s for several days, starting tomorrow. I'm overjoyed. I may even run outside?!

LRB

He's Damaris of the North!

LRB

I bought some Peach flavored Noosa yogurt. I'm excited to try it out (it hasn't expired yet!).

The salted caramel is like crack. I needed an intervention to get off of it. lol

sdWhiskers

11.1 miles with 6 x 2 min at HMP. I still feel very tired, there's no pep in my step. I'm not sure if it's due to poor recovery from running in December (20 miler, HM PR, then another 20 miler on consecutive weekends) or from getting a cold over the holiday break that is still lingering a bit. It was very foggy and humid this morning...I was dripping with more sweat than usual and I'm surprised to not have any chafing.

I've had the 220 for a little over 2 years with no issues. Occasionally takes longer than it should to lock on the gps signal before a run. For HR, I use the Scosche rhythm band on my arm which is a million times more comfortable than a chest strap. I've heard the wrist ones are hit or miss but the arm band seems pretty solid.

DavePNW

100 day of sub-zero C or F?

Dave

RunningOnSand

The salted caramel is like crack. I needed an intervention to get off of it. lol

Well now of course I want to try it. Big grin

Cyberic

100 day of sub-zero C or F?

Kelvin!

100 was not a big enough number. I meant the millionth day in a row! It's getting to me.

Tomorrow morning, for my LR, it will be -13F, with winds of 12 to 20 mph, for a feels like of -31. AGAIN!  I think my LR might not be that long, after all. I'm mentally drained.

KC-Congrats on the new PR!

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

RunningOnSand

KC-Congrats on the new PR!

+1! You crushed it!