Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES: Lead me not into temptation (Read 40 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My sinuses have decided to rebel .......... oh the pressure in my freaking nose and eyes.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

Damn, son.  So I run my marathon Saturday, and you run yours Sunday.  You are going to beat me.

Hahahahaha no.

Dave

DavePNW

You strike me as aristocrat, rye with marmalade? Big grin

Whole wheat, almond butter, apricot jam. 

Dave

DavePNW

Nice. Are you doing a tune up half?

Yup, on 9/11. Actually the same race I marathoned last year. So at least I know it's flat. So far, weather looks OK.

Dave

onemile

Yup, on 9/11. Actually the same race I marathoned last year. So at least I know it's flat. So far, weather looks OK.

Sub-1:35 for sure. Maybe 1:33ish?

Brilliant

Thank you all for the anniversary wishes. 

'Morning!  Thanks to a rollover fuel truck, my 45 minute commute took 2:45 this morning.    FTS.

Holy crap. I thought that kind of insanity only happened in SoCal.  Makes you wish you hadn't gone back to work after all those days off, huh?

So I ran 6, with 5x400 intervals at way faster than 5k pace thrown in for fun...it was indescribably hard, but I guess I don't have to describe it to you all, because you all KNOW how hard that is!

Brilliant

I went back to the Dr yesterday afternoon to go over the lab results from my physical.  ALL my numbers were outstanding.  The doc said "you hit the genetic lottery, just keep doing what you have been doing".  My blood-pressure has been good all week, with no medication.  I am concluding that stress is really bad, and more running and extra homebrew is really good Smile.

Oh that is fantastic news.  I'm glad you're able to pick up the miles again without worry.

DavePNW

Sub-1:35 for sure. Maybe 1:33ish?

Hard to imagine anything sub-1:35. I was just thinking about sub-1:36, but maybe I can think about shooting for something closer to 1:35.

Dave

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I go out for a little 5.3 mile run and the dailies go from 1 to 3 pages. either someone is running a marathon this weekend or someone announced an anniversary - that's a Brilliant thought!

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

onemile

Hard to imagine anything sub-1:35. I was just thinking about sub-1:36, but maybe I can think about shooting for something closer to 1:35.

Your tempo miles averaged 7:13. That is sub-1:35. Believe it

LRB

Your tempo miles averaged 7:13. That is sub-1:35. Believe it. Do it. Run it. Cool

on my way to badass

Everyone seems pretty chipper today.  The thought of a 3 day weekend inspires positive thoughts, I guess.

4.1 done.  I ran just after high noon, went longer than yesterday and yet, I was faster.  It's the weather. 

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Stress kills. Running fills. Beer heals.

I liked it.  I borrowed it.

Runner with a riding problem.

bluerun

Super B****

Everyone seems pretty chipper today.  The thought of a 3 day weekend inspires positive thoughts, I guess.

4.1 done.  I ran just after high noon, went longer than yesterday and yet, I was faster.  It's the weather. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

Your tempo miles averaged 7:13. That is sub-1:35. Believe it

I just have a hard time imagining holding that for 13.1.

Dave