Beginners and Beyond

Here we go again; it's MonDAILIES! (Read 50 times)

RunningWithMyDog

Hubs and I are on a mission to clean out our house.  I'm ready to kill all the things every time I try to get something out of a cabinet and have an avalanche of "shit I don't need" comes tumbling out--usually said shit lands on my toes or head.  My kids have started hiding things so I don't throw them away... I've hit the ruthless point.  Their closets and toy bins were on the chopping block yesterday.  Despite all the clean out that occurred this weekend, my favorite thing I'm getting rid of today is one of my cable boxes   (And I mean "favorite" in the sense that I'm so incredibly excited to get this money pit out of my house, not that I love the cable.)  We're almost free!  One more to go...

I would love to "cut the cable" but I'm a slave to live sports.

Looks like the Boston Marathon forum here is not viable at the moment, so here I am!  (You poor bastards).

12.5 km home tonight from work.  It's sunny but finally cool - should be a nice run.

Cyberic

I have never done a LR that took more time than the marathon I was training for at the time

I think my longest training run must have been around 2:30 long or so. I'll have to check, but no more than 2:40 for sure.

DavePNW

Now that it's dark til nearly 7am I lost motivation to get up at 5:20 to run before work

Now that I've reached the pinnacle of my running career, I have no motivation to run at all. I will just sit on my ass and get fat until April 2019, then do a 6-hour Boston.

Dave

DavePNW

I think my longest training run must have been around 2:30 long or so. I'll have to check, but no more than 2:40 for sure.

Wow. I've done a total 16 runs of 20-21, each taking somewhere between 2:50-3:10.

Dave

onemile

Now that I've reached the pinnacle of my running career, I have no motivation to run at all. I will just sit on my ass and get fat until April 2019, then do a 6-hour Boston.

I was going to ask if you were going to still run a spring marathon

onemile

In 2010 I did a 22 mile run that took 3:54

7 long runs over 3 hours

3 more over 2:50

onemile

Must be nice to have an easy pace of 7:45 and faster

DavePNW

In 2010 I did a 22 mile run that took 3:54

I don't feel so bad now.

Dave

onemile

I don't feel so bad now.

That's how it is when you run a 10:30ish pace. I never thought anything of it.

DavePNW

Must be nice to have an easy pace of 7:45 and faster

No kidding. I have probably written this already, but I always used to assume that as I got faster, my easy pace would get faster, and would be able to spend less time running. But my easy pace actually slowed down, and then stabilized. And for a while during this cycle, got slower still. Kind of annoying.

Dave

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I've got y'all beat... 18 miles in 8 hrs 21 min.

But for marathon training, I will seldom go longer than 2.5 hours for a training run.

Dave - My fastest marathon (3:26) was when I trained the slowest (9:15 avg pace).  I might try this obese thing next... why not?

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

DavePNW

I was going to ask if you were going to still run a spring marathon

Well, probably, because I'm too stupid to do anything different. And Eugene is a good fit.

But maybe next fall I'll do the Seattle Marathon, which I've avoided because it's hilly, and have been saving it for an occasion when IDGAF about my finish time. I could actually do it this year for that matter, because it's not till Thanksgiving weekend. But maybe I'm not that stupid.

Dave

onemile

No kidding. I have probably written this already, but I always used to assume that as I got faster, my easy pace would get faster, and would be able to spend less time running. But my easy pace actually slowed down, and then stabilized. And for a while during this cycle, got slower still. Kind of annoying.

yeah, my easy run pace has probably been the same for the last 3 years,  your slower pace this cycle sure didn't hurt!  My thought is, whatever you have to do to get the miles in but it is annoying.

DavePNW

My fastest marathon was when I trained the slowest 

Mine too! Probably...I'd have to do some more complicated log manipulations to confirm.

MTA, OK, it didn't take that long to get some rough numbers, just based on average pace for the 3 months prior to each race. My last 3 have been in the 8:50s, the 3 before that were in the 8:40s. But no direct correlation. And this last one was not quite the slowest, 1 second faster than another one. A bit surprising, because it felt slower than ever.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

yeah, my easy run pace has probably been the same for the last 3 years,  your slower pace this cycle sure didn't hurt!  My thought is, whatever you have to do to get the miles in but it is annoying.

This makes me feel better (although I do not have the race you results you or DavePNW have) about my never changing,and slowing with more miles easy pace.