Beginners and Beyond

Here we go again; it's MonDAILIES! (Read 50 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Still in calorie recovery mode...had oatmeal, a bunch of almonds, and a banana, it's 8:15AM and I'm still starving.

I am not hungry post marathon. I just ordered a burrito for lunch so we’ll see.

Damaris

DavePNW

I am not hungry post marathon. I just ordered a burrito for lunch so we’ll see.

I am never too hungry immediately post-race. I usually just want to suck down a couple bottles of water. Yesterday's race had soup, which was cool, and I had some because it was there. An hour or two later I have a normal lunch, and then just pretty much eat something every hour on the hour the rest of the day.

So this morning I ended up walking over to a nearby coffee place and getting a cherry-almond scone. That helped.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Last week, I wasn’t hungry until Wednesday!  So weird.

Damaris

LRB

I'm hungry forever.

The End

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm hungry forever.

The End

Thank you, Captain Obvious. 

Damaris

KCRuns

I need to go back and catch up on the dailies from the weekend, but it sounds like congratulations are in order for some shiny new PRs for OFR, ZZ, Dave and Cyber's daughter!  Nice job!

Saturday ended up an USRD due to thunderstorms and Sunday was also USRD due to very high winds.  By the time the winds died down yesterday, I had other things going on.  I was upset about missing my runs, but I actually feel really good today so maybe I needed the down time.  It was really nice though on both mornings, that I did not set an alarm clock for the first time in 4 months.  Loved it.

I have 3 scheduled tonight with my Monday night run group.  I'm going to try to get there early and get another mile or two in before the group meets up.  Temps look a little cooler than they have been lately, so I'm looking forward to that!

not lazy, just tired

That seems not only excessive, but counterproductive. I thought an active recovery was better and quicker.

Have been hiking with the pup, so not totally inactive. Felt a little creaky Saturday afternoon, but feel fine now. Maybe she thinks that, since I'm so terribly ancient I need to take it amazingly slow. I feel a little frustrated. Think I'll email her.

Not if it makes sense.

not lazy, just tired

Just looked at my log from last year when I ran the marathon (not the half) and she only had me take 2 days off. Doesn't make sense.

Not if it makes sense.

I'm hungry forever.

The End

You and me bro, you and me both.  It is highly probable that the burrito is my spirit animal.

RD here.  I have a lot to catch up on with everyone's races and all the weekend happenings, I haven't checked in here since Wednesday!  I did run though, 5 Thursday, 5 Friday, 4.25 Saturday, and 10 on Sunday.  OFR, I have not done any of these miles in a speedy fashion, I promise.  My plan (unless I'm told otherwise) is to have another easy day tomorrow, then it will be time to hit some speed work and start gearing up for my yearly Turkey Trot 5K.

Hubs and I are on a mission to clean out our house.  I'm ready to kill all the things every time I try to get something out of a cabinet and have an avalanche of "shit I don't need" comes tumbling out--usually said shit lands on my toes or head.  My kids have started hiding things so I don't throw them away... I've hit the ruthless point.  Their closets and toy bins were on the chopping block yesterday.  Despite all the clean out that occurred this weekend, my favorite thing I'm getting rid of today is one of my cable boxes   (And I mean "favorite" in the sense that I'm so incredibly excited to get this money pit out of my house, not that I love the cable.)  We're almost free!  One more to go...

DavePNW

I was just reminded of the fact that the 22-miler I ran a few weeks ago took longer than my actual race. Ha.

Dave

onemile

I was just reminded of the fact that the 22-miler I ran a few weeks ago took longer than my actual race. Ha.

lol that's awesome

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That is how it’s supposed to work, at least instead of the other way around.

Damaris

onemile

Now that it's dark til nearly 7am I lost motivation to get up at 5:20 to run before work

onemile

That is how it’s supposed to work, at least instead of the other way around.

I have never done a LR that took more time than the marathon I was training for at the time

DavePNW

I have never done a LR that took more time than the marathon I was training for at the time

Well yes, certainly better than the other way around, but I've never done that either. Looked at my log, I've only ever done three 22-milers, all deathly slow. Two in fact took longer than yesterday's marathon, and time for those two runs were only 2 seconds apart. The third took exactly 1 second less time than yesterday's marathon. Fun with log data.

Dave