Beginners and Beyond

Penguins' February Weight Loss Challenge (Read 69 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Count me in as well.  I've eaten so many carbs this week that it should be illegal.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

I've eaten like a horse since Thanksgiving.  I feel like one of those Macy Parade balloons.  is it too late for Bozydeco to play?

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

From the Internet.

UGHHHHH. Weighing in at 136.7 D:

happylily

So the start date has been changed from tomorrow to today? But... but... I was going to ask Zelanie to make me a wonderful cake like she made a few days ago...  It was going to be like the last meal of the condemned...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Half Crazy K 2.0

Zelanie

138.3 this morning.  So I have a good 10 pounds to lose.  Good thing the cake is all gone.

Zelanie

So the start date has been changed from tomorrow to today? But... but... I was going to ask Zelanie to make me a wonderful cake like she made a few days ago...  It was going to be like the last meal of the condemned...

Have a nice big meal tonight, then weigh yourself right before bed. Smile

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

GinnyinPA

happylily

50.17 kg, or 110.6 lbs.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

tracilynn

132 today

my goal is 125

I started a week ago (cutting out sweets) before this group formed at 133 so that's good. I'm going in the right direction now.

Thanks for starting this group!  I will think about this group before I indulge in sweets that I know I do not need. I will grab a piece of fruit instead.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Brilliant

142 for me this morning.  Goal is just to lose a few pounds.  7 would be a nice number, down to 135.

After I weighed myself, I mentioned the number in an offhand way to my hubby.  His jaw dropped.  He said, "That's the first time in 25 years you've ever told me your weight."  I hadn't even thought about that!  I guess if I was about to get online and tell the whole forum, it didn't make sense to keep it from him. Big grin

LRB

I've eaten like a horse since Thanksgiving.  I feel like one of those Macy Parade balloons. 

That was funny. You'll wanna keep last years predict your mile time performance in your mind when you're feeling weak.

LRB

Count me in as well.  I've eaten so many carbs this week that it should be illegal.

lol - carbs are our friends. Too many of them can kill you though.

DavePNW

After I weighed myself, I mentioned the number in an offhand way to my hubby.  His jaw dropped.  He said, "That's the first time in 25 years you've ever told me your weight."  

Same in our house. Although we've only been together 20+ years. She will sometimes tell me how many pounds she's lost, but never the absolute number.

So I was a little disappointed that I didn't weigh more this morning. My other challenge weighs in on Mondays, and I was 172 last Monday, which I sort of assumed would be starting point for this thing. However this morning I was 168. Which I guess is a good thing, except I was really only targeting to get to 165.

Dave