Beginners and Beyond

Flood me with some Mondailies. (Read 50 times)

Jess runs for bacon

Good morning. Not a lot of sleep here, it stormed all night and I woke up at 3am with no power. Luckily it's back. Since today is a run, not a swim, I will do my three on the TM.

April. Sorry to hear about your walnut Sad

D, congrats on starting for Chicago! Looks like I may be doing what we were talking about, by the way. Training plan and current races are working well together.

Sarah, that is pinktastic!!! I am so happy for you!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Woohoo.  If you need anything (looking at the program, etc.) let me know!

Good morning. Not a lot of sleep here, it stormed all night and I woke up at 3am with no power. Luckily it's back. Since today is a run, not a swim, I will do my three on the TM.

April. Sorry to hear about your walnut Sad

D, congrats on starting for Chicago! Looks like I may be doing what we were talking about, by the way. Training plan and current races are working well together.

Sarah, that is pinktastic!!! I am so happy for you!!

Damaris

Jess runs for bacon

Woohoo.  If you need anything (looking at the program, etc.) let me know!

I'll put it together on spreadsheet and send to you, when I get off my butt.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy July 1st!  Today is Creative Ice Cream Flavors Day!  Make your own flavor!

Today is also the monthly "Mother's Day"...pay this mother, pay that mother.... Joking.  Rest day for me.  And we have cooler weather.  After hitting 108 as a high on Saturday, some rain came in on Sunday and today's high will only be 95.  It is quite pleasant right now at 8:14 a.m, with a temp of only 82 degrees.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

6.4 miles this am. I even stopped and took a selfie. I hope I get in decent mileage his month. June was not too bueno.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Pink nope. 14.2 today. Hip is back to no problems so my body said lets go!  So I did. Rained on and off. A few times it was heavy but I kept going.   Great news for you.

Marjorie

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rain predicted, but you'll still get double digits in, right Marjorie? I have faith in you!

Good luck with the yoga, Dave!

Gee, April, I dunno if I'd want to be sitting at home when a power line and tree falls on my house or garage.  Might be safer to be away!  Hope everything works out with the tree, power line, etc!

That is some work schedule you have there, MBC.   I am working Mon and Tues and then have the week off.  However, lots of running.  I may do a 5K on Wed night at 7:30 pm (have not made up my mind about that one yet) and am already signed up for a 4-miler on July 4th and a 5K on July 6th.

Happy rest day, Kristin!  Hope you enjoyed your weekend in MD.

Good luck with the marathon training Damaris.  Which marathon is this for?  Oh...read your signature lines....duhhhhh....the light in the brain goes on... Joking

Yeah, it's funny that even though it's only a two day work week, it still feels like a Monday morning.  Yer funny, Phil.  lol.  Good lluick with the advanced therapy.  No doubt in my mind you will kick therapy butt like you have been doing all along.

Sometimes it's nice to do nothing, LRB.  Enjoy!

Yay for you starting your running comeback, Sarah!  Absolutely pinktastic!

I would love to go shirtless, Dave..but my Old Man Moobs would bounce too much and give me a black eye... Wink  Congrats on your early - VERY early - morning run!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Sorry about your lack of sleep, lilac. Glad your power came back on, that would be miserable, having no power in the crazy heat.

I dunno, Tomas, this crazy heat, even in the morning.  It might be time to cut back mileage for a while, until Fall gets here again.

See, Marjorie, I knew you'd get those miles in, even with rain.  You and Basya...ever consistent!

B-Plus

Pink - RunnING already? Congrats!

Happy Canada Day!

I should really get out the door before it gets too hot, but I'm gonna sleep for another hour.

Goodnight

Will run for scenery.

Morning everybody, Happy Monday !

Sarah - that is very exciting.  Don't push it unless they say to. Keep thinking pink.

April - way to put a little spark into your daily routine!

Baboon - good luck with your advanced PT.  Something tells me you're gonna rock this and make it all look easy.

D - Sorry but I have to laugh a liitle at the thought of you training for a marathon !  It sounds like training the sun to come up.

Me, I think I'll make it a walking day.  Amazingly, I seem to have dodged DOMS completely.  I'm feeling weary and depleted but not really sore anywhere except my skin - I chose (foolishly) not to wear sunscreen for the race.  After previous races or hard runs I've been eager to get out and do a recovery run and end up getting hurt.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

MBC – What’s with the 2 day work week?   Is your office closed Wed – Fri?    That would be awesome if so!   I’ll be sending you positive vibes all day, and I hope that the new PT is nothing short of phenomenal and that he (she?) has you feeling 100% in no time!!

It’s not much, but I ran (briefly) yesterday and this morning.    Yesterday, I walked for 15 minutes, ran for 6 and then walked home (which was about 10 more minutes) – total of .63 miles for the run (didn’t count the walking portions).   This morning, I walked for 15 minutes, ran for 11, and then walked home (about 15 more minutes) – total of 1.13 miles running for today.    Neither run was pretty and they were both VERY short, but I consider them a VICTORY!!     Happy Dance!!!

Have a Pinksational day!!   And, may your next run be the BEST run you've had in a while - the kind of run that makes you feel on top of the world and that leaves you feeling like today is going to be a Pinktacular day!!!

- Sarah

YAY PINK!  Welcome back Wink

You can add me to the list of Graston recipients.  OMFG> NOT FUN.  AND I have to get a 4" diameter PVC to roll with because even the black one is too soft.  Diganosis?  Tibial tendonitis with an extra does of MAJOR UNHAPPY TENDON.

When I walked in I told him if he fixed me I'd give him a kidney.  When he started in with the big metal objects, I took it back.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Graston hurts lie a mother. It does. But very effective. You can do some self graston and get similar tools online. Of course online if you like to hurt yourself......

Scotty  oh I was going to get the miles in that is for certain. Rain hasn't stopped me before. Smile.

Marjorie

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies. Quick fly-by since work is being pretty relentless this morning. Did an Easy 6 this AM. Lots of people out an about! I signed up to be part of a 12 person relay team, for an 81 mile relay. I'd rather be part of a 6 person team but I couldn't find one and were a couple people short of putting one together myself.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

Pinktastic

YAY PINK!  Welcome back Wink

You can add me to the list of Graston recipients.  OMFG> NOT FUN.  AND I have to get a 4" diameter PVC to roll with because even the black one is too soft.  Diganosis?  Tibial tendonitis with an extra does of MAJOR UNHAPPY TENDON.

When I walked in I told him if he fixed me I'd give him a kidney.  When he started in with the big metal objects, I took it back.

MBC - I really hope that the Graston and the PVC do the trick for you!!   Hopefully all of today's extreme pain will be the harbinger of nothing but bliss to come your way!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I got my full training plan.  I am officially scared....

Damaris