Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: If load load created the problem, load will solve it (Read 36 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Well, it was $99 so...

Yeah yeah yeah 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ran 6 with 6 X 100m on the TM.  It was probably one of the best felt runs this year.  Progress!

Damaris

LRB

I ran 8 with the other RP. Lotsa shitty uncleared sidewalks to deal with

It looked like there was nothing cleared in any direction that I would run from home yet. And oftentimes, even when there is clear sidewalks, I usually come across one, two, three or more areas where it's for shit for long stretches.

LRB

Yeah yeah yeah 

I'm heading into year 3 with my 630. The 645 is next in line but at that price point, I'd do just as well to buy an Escalade. Alas, I'd really like to stay under $300 for a running watch (I have dress watches that cost much more) which right now would be the 235. Thankfully, I don't have to make that decision yet so for now, I'll wait...

Cyberic

Douche bag. Does that translate into French? 

Ah! Douche Bag. I don't think there's a 1 to 1 translation.

Cyberic

I realized it is a refurbished 220.... not sure if I want to go that route at all..... I think I want something as close to the 220 as far as settings go, does the 35 have to have the heart rate or does it have a without heartrate option? I'll be looking it up.

Certified Refurbished have the same warranty as brand new. I'd go there any day. A 220 for the price of a 25? Bring it!

DavePNW

A 220 for the price of a 25? 

Um yeah, they're not. The only ones I see are basically regular price.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ah! Douche Bag. I don't think there's a 1 to 1 translation.

Maybe con? Or Salaud?

Damaris

LRB

Um yeah, they're not. The only ones I see are basically regular price.

I haven't seen that either. I think a refurbished one is about $50 less than a new one...depending on the site.

LRB

Maybe con? Or Salaud?

I was thinking canoe or douche nozzle. lol

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Eh, Amazon prime has the 35 for $131.xx so I went and bought one and am returning this 25 tomorrow, we'll see if I like the 35. I'd love to just keep owning 220's because I really liked them damn it, but sooner or later I gotta move on.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training.

lindasaffell

Fighting senescence

Certified Refurbished have the same warranty as brand new. I'd go there any day. A 220 for the price of a 25? Bring it!

I second that!  I have bought certified refurbished lately several times (one robotic vacuum; among other things) and found they behaved just like new.  FWIW I also like buying my automobiles lightly used, too, so I realize YMMV.

Oh, and also, @FreeSoul87, be glad it's not a FitBit!  I wish I had been more careful, I DO get the heart rate data I wanted from this Charge3, but in all other respects, it is definitely NOT like a Garmin.  The online information all lacks sufficient context and FitBit does much too much marketing hype, IMHO.

Happy Garmin newbie

Renewing my interest in running, sloooowly

Cyberic

I was thinking canoe or douche nozzle. lol

What? Hahaha!

KCRuns

This evening it was different Smile I was smiling at people and nobody was smiling back.

Not too far from my house I crossed path with a guy holding flowers in his left hand, with the elbow outwards. I held my right as much as I could, but my elbow touched him. This never happens. He kinda wanted it to happen. So he starts yelling at me. I stop, turn around, and walk towards him. He does the same, and yelling, screaming. All I'm telling him in a level voice to stop screaming, stop screaming. He finally stops, I put in two words, seriously, and he starts screaming again, on how he's so had it with runners on the sidewalks. If he ran, he'd run in the streets, and son on.

Since I was walking forward, he asked me if I wanted to fight, and I told him nope.

Something about me. If you scream at me, nothing you say will have an impact on me. Also I do not shy away from a physical encounter. I try to avoid it, but I usually stay there in the person's face. Voice very level.

Long story short, I told him "And a good day to you", waved, turned around and started running. Some people who had witnessed that were smiling back at me. I finally got the smiles I wanted.

What a f’in jerk.