Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies and IT'S STILL DARK. (Read 45 times)

LRB

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and all the advice.  This forum helped me a lot!  I learned a lot just lurking.

When I started feeling weaksauce, I thought about the RR i was going to write.  I wanted it to have a happy ending, so I didn't quit.  Hell, I got faster at the end.

I'm off for the 2nd part of my day- Blues and Brews craft beer festival fundraiser put on by the local PBS station.  The race was a fundraiser for them as well.  I'm going to drink my weight in good beer 3oz at the time.

Your splits look wonderful. You done good.

Cyberic

I had a pretty good run.( i killed it!)

1:50:58 gun / 1:50:40 chip

Yeah! I checked your splits rather rapidly, but it sure looks like a negative split race to me! That's excellent!

I ran 12 with some MP thrown in

2 miles MP + 1 mile Easy + 2 miles MP

Cyberic

No. Dress rehearsal FFS.

I didn't do a dress rehearsal. Is that when you wake up at the same time you will on marathon day, have the same breakfast, start running at the same time, in the same clothes, except for less miles, and at a slower pace? Is that it? I'm always curious about that kind of stuff.

LRB

I ran 12 with some MP thrown in

In yellow shoes?? WTF yo, you getting soft on me?

workinprogress11

I juat now got back to my car. It was 40 and clear at the gun.  I had a pretty good run.( i killed it!)

Sweet!  Congratulations on a great race!

onemile

I didn't do a dress rehearsal. Is that when you wake up at the same time you will on marathon day, have the same breakfast, start running at the same time, in the same clothes, except for less miles, and at a slower pace? Is that it? I'm always curious about that kind of stuff.

I have never done this.

onemile

This forum helped me a lot!  I learned a lot just lurking.

When I started feeling weaksauce, I thought about the RR i was going to write.  I wanted it to have a happy ending, so I didn't quit.  Hell, I got faster at the end.

Just wait. Pretty soon we'll have you doing speedwork twice a week. 

LRB

No, it's my longest MP run. I suppose I should have just said that.

LRB

I have never done this.

Me neither. All that stuff is figured out over the years you run. I do have issues with certain types of clothing but that is figured out over the course of the cycle, not necessarily during one run.

LRB

Yep, we're good for that!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

If I can handle it, and recover decently- I'm all in.

Runner with a riding problem.

Little Blue

I juat now got back to my car. It was 40 and clear at the gun.  I had a pretty good run.( i killed it!)

Woo hoo!!

Little Blue

• 6 miles in sunny breezy 65 degrees.
                            FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Ran 6.2 miles on the trails with the K9's, it was 41 degrees but with a feels like 36.... I hate this first day of cold weather after long weeks/months of hot weather.... I always screw up my wardrobe damn it because I forgot what it was that I wore last winter 

I tried to get the goofballs to hold still for a selfie, Jetta's damn ears are almost too big to fit in the frame 

Hoping to get another 6 miles in today for a total of 12 or so... we'll see how the day goes.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

No, it's my longest MP run. I suppose I should have just said that.

LOL! Yeah, you could have said just that Smile