Beginners and Beyond

Rest for the weary ThursDAILIES (Read 44 times)

LRB

I really don't understand the snooze button. The alarm rings I am up like the speed of light. I would never be able to get back to sleep.

Back in the hectic days of kid raising and burning the candle at ends those extra five or ten minutes seemed like an eternity.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Morning.  Pilates and a flight to Paris, woohoo!  I work half a day though and have court, boo hiss.

Well, you'll be in Paris soon, so you can have some cheese with that whine..

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

From the Internet.

Stupid shin.

Blah.

What up?

Yup. Skipped planned track workout due to shin, just weights today. Still on the fence about whether I'll try to run tomorrow or just spend 30-40 minutes on the bike at the gym or something instead. It feels OK today though I can tell I have some knots to work out in my calf tonight that are probably the root of the problem - maybe taking care of those will be enough to get back to it tomorrow.

I hate missing runs but I would hate a stress fracture even more and a couple days off won't demolish the fitness I've built up to this point... just have to keep reminding myself of that when I get cranky :P

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Looks like Rocky will be taking a break from running... he doesn't seem to be acclimating very well to the heat and humidity and has been lagging behind right out the gate/door, not sure if it is his medication or the heat but I would rather be safe than sorry. We did manage 5.3 miles this morning and Rocky got to meet a horse, and he actually sniffed the big guy's nose this time rather than freaking out like he did down in Tennessee lol.

Then it was off to the gym.

It was extremely warm in the gym this morning, I was sweating like Olaf in summer.
          The focus this morning was on the shoulders and delts.

Dumbbell Lateral Raises: 12.5lbsX12reps, 15lbsX6reps, 3 sets of 12 reps - 12.5 lbs, 15lbsX8reps
          Loaded Plate Shoulder Press: 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps
          Rear Delt: 60lbsX8reps, 55lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps, 55lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps, 55lbsX12reps
          Torso Rotation: 4 sets/ 12 reps/ 60 lbs
          Shoulder Shrugs: 22.5lbsX15reps, 25lbsX12reps, 27.5lbsX12reps, 25lbsX12reps, 27.5lbsX13reps, 27.5lbsX12reps
          Barbell Upright Row: 6 sets/ 12 reps/ 35 lbs
          Front Plate Raise: 35lbsX10reps, 25lbsX14reps, 35lbsX10reps, 25lbsX14reps, 35lbsX10reps, 35lbsX12reps

Hope Rocky finds his warm weather mojo!

I met a horse once on a run....I ran into his butt....

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I whacked it on something last Friday (I think) and it has gotten progressively worse ever since. Not so much while I run but afterwards with pain and swelling.

I was trying to manage it but finally decided overnight to throw in the towel. I am not going to run again until it has healed sufficiently.

Sorry about the shin, LRB.  Pain and swelling does not sound good...you might get a test to rule out you don't have some kind of stress fracture, etc...

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I might have told Mr. O that if he didn't turn off his alarm, I was going to shove the radio up his ass.  While I acknowledge the fact that he can sleep through anything, he now knows that if you wake me up earlier than I need to be awake, you will pay dearly.

Well, hey then, at least he'll have some butt music to keep him company for a while... that would be some unique butt toots all right...

Hip Redux

Because I'm lazy those extra five or ten minutes seemed like an eternity.

Hip Redux

^^^ And that's me talking, LRB not you talking, even though it's your quote. 

B-Plus

I took a pretty good fall at the soccer stadium on Saturday which included a bloody shin and some swelling the next day   I was so worried about suffering from a stupid non-running injury, but luckily the embarrassment was the worst part.

I'm doing my last big(ish) workout in about 2 hours.

B-Plus

I used to set my alarm for 2 hours before I actually needed to get up. It seemed extra refreshing to get those fake extra hours of sleep.

LRB

^^^ And that's me talking, LRB not you talking, even though it's your quote. 

It's funny how I went from one extreme needing every second in the day back then to now where I do not use an alarm at all.

LRB

I took a pretty good fall at the soccer stadium on Saturday which included a bloody shin and some swelling the next day   I was so worried about suffering from a stupid non-running injury, but luckily the embarrassment was the worst part.

Now Scotty has me worried I have a stress fracture.

cjones1

Back in the hectic days of kid raising and burning the candle at ends those extra five or ten minutes seemed like an eternity.

This.

It's all psychological, anyway.  If I sleep right up to the time I have to be out of bed, I get really annoyed, but if the alarm goes off early, I think to myself: hey, at least I've got another 20 minutes.  Also, my brain doesn't just wake up.  I have to work myself back into reality over about a half hour.

There's also the "fun" moments where you feel eyes on you at 3am, so you open them, and there is a 4 year old an inch from your face. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

cjones1

Well, hey then, at least he'll have some butt music to keep him company for a while... that would be some unique butt toots all right...

I imagine the acoustics wouldn't be bad.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Little Blue

Morning.  Pilates and a flight to Paris, woohoo!  I work half a day though and have court, boo hiss.

Happy trails!