Beginners and Beyond

ThursDay Time! (Read 36 times)

RunningOnSand

Coffee has been splurted.  I did not see that coming, and laughed so very hard!

ROS, what's your dog's name?  I need names to go with these adorable faces Smile  And girl, count me in as a cheese lover.  I eat vegetarian almost all the time unless I'm at home because it's just easier for me, and I don't really like milk.  But I will not give up cheese.  I actually like a lot of the fake meats (Docket, I have crumbles, plus a bunch of other chik'n, spork, etc. in my freezer at all times), but fake cheese is a no-go.  And I go through a frightful number of eggs every week.

Cocoa! She is the best. I'm also with you and Dave--I don't like milk. But cheese! It makes the world go round. Docket, I do like the crumbles. I'll have to play around with a recipe!

Cyberic

Cyberic,  where I work, it's pretty common for people to have their diplomas on their office wall, or at least their highest degree and a lot have their degree in their e-mail signatures. For clinical staff, I get it. I'm not, so I don't bother.

Yeah, well I don't have a high degree either, but for my work email signature, I have a couple of IT certifications I could use in my signature, but I don't. Just my name. Nothing else.

Cocoa! She is the best. I'm also with you and Dave--I don't like milk. But cheese! It makes the world go round. Docket, I do like the crumbles. I'll have to play around with a recipe!

Is she a Standard Poodle?  Some friends of ours have a Standard Café Au Lait color.  Her name is Kona, after the coffee Smile  Yours has a way less ridiculous looking hair do.

Free, yes.  But I think all GSDs can't not look like police K9s, so it's kind of unavoidable.  I've had them as pets, and they are sweethearts despite looking a little intimidating.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Is she a Standard Poodle?  Some friends of ours have a Standard Café Au Lait color.  Her name is Kona, after the coffee Smile  Yours has a way less ridiculous looking hair do.

Free, yes.  But I think all GSDs can't not look like police K9s, so it's kind of unavoidable.  I've had them as pets, and they are sweethearts despite looking a little intimidating.

try attacking me.......... 

But she is a sweetie, a dummy, but a sweetie. And once she gets comfortable with people, she is sweet to them... though skiddish with kids..

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

Question - does she look a little intimidating... even a tiny bit?

I don't think Gracie looks intimidating at all when she's just chilling.  She's a small shepherd (66 lbs right now) and I just had a kid tell me she was so cute today Smile  But she can put quite a show when she wants to, all teeth and barking and snarling.

Bruno is a bit more intimidating looking, weighing 80+ lbs and stocky, and with his sable coloring has that police k9 look.

onemile

Cocoa is very cute ROS

RunningOnSand

Should I be afraid tonight?

Hahahaha! I always think it's weird/freaky when I take pics of my dog and her eyes look eerily similar.

RunningOnSand

Question - does she look a little intimidating... even a tiny bit?

Yes. I'd be scared.

RunningOnSand

She's actually a Labradoodle. But she's 3/4 Poodle, hence the mostly Poodle look. Whenever I get her groomed, though, the groomer always asks (with great enthusiasm) if I want her "Poodled" (I think the groomer really loves this). So sometimes she comes back with a fluffy tale and mohawk. And fluffy ears. Cracks me up. Literally the first time we had her groomed I did not recognize her--she was in a cage right in front of me and I kept looking for my dog. 

RunningOnSand

Cocoa is very cute ROS

Thanks! And thanks to you, too, Bert-O! I also think so but am totally biased.  

RunningOnSand

Bruno is a bit more intimidating looking, weighing 80+ lbs and stocky, and with his sable coloring has that police k9 look.

Bruno is also adorable!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, Jetta is only 62 lbs.....so she is lighter than Gracie.

And yes Bruno is intimidating but adorable lol.

And of that cat.... yes I'd be concerned.....

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

She's actually a Labradoodle. But she's 3/4 Poodle, hence the mostly Poodle look. Whenever I get her groomed, though, the groomer always asks (with great enthusiasm) if I want her "Poodled" (I think the groomer really loves this). So sometimes she comes back with a fluffy tale and mohawk. And fluffy ears. Cracks me up. Literally the first time we had her groomed I did not recognize her--she was in a cage right in front of me and I kept looking for my dog. 

We do not get the poodle cut for ours. Not a big fan. She is a toy - weighs about 10 lb. Nice thing about a dog that size is when she comes inside from being in the mud, you can scoop her up and drop her in the laundry sink.

Dave

Jay - Yes, rest up for the remainder of the year.  What goals do you have lined up for next year?  I don't see a FM PR time in your sig line .

Thats a big NO on that one  Don't have the desire to race it as of now...maybe some day I will get the bug. Love the Half distance and planning on racing a couple of them next year along with getting my 5k time down. Yeah gonna go into a maintenance type program for December...Just some non structured interval work along with some progression runs. Would like to keep up some mileage though. Hopefully I will be able to run again this weekend. I'm feeling pretty good.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Onemile, I want to hug Bruno!!!  Snowy face is too cute!

You gals have smaller Shepards than we did.  Our female was about 90 lbs, and our male (who was on sale because he was outside the breed standard, lol) was 120.  He was terrifying looking, but the sweetest, smartest dog ever, with one hell of a sense of humor.  My mom will still start crying if she talks about him, and he passed 30+ years ago.  And she's allegedly "not a dog person."  He was special.  They all are.

ROS, that's hilarious that you didn't recognize him!  The show styles are over the top; the one we know is being actively shown so she always looks like a Dr. Seuss creature.

Dave, I miss puppy size when that worked...  But I don't miss puppy teeth, the trade-off is worth it.