Beginners and Beyond

The DAILIES don't fear rain (Read 41 times)

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Hey everyone,

We were under tornado warnings for several hours last night. The constant alarms, hiding in the closet, and nervous pets made for very little sleep. Thankfully we didn't have any damage. I'm also grateful the boss is out of town, so we don't have our normal, awful meeting day.

I have 5 easy planned. We'll see what happens with the weather. We'll have another round of storms later this evening, so timing will be key.

Have a great day and stay safe if you're in the path of these storms!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Where in the bible is that?

Ask my mom.  I am sure she will have an answer!

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Quote from Docket_Rocket on 4/29/2014 at 10:18 AM:

Unless he believes like my mom that bad words are prohibited because it's in the bible. .

Where in the bible is that?

It was the little known 11th commandment... 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

It was the little known 11th commandment... 

Thou shall not have potty mouth?  I wake up swearing like a sailor.  lol

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Off in the land of humidity (Louisiana) -

Been slack for a few days so I forced myself to get out.  Pleasant yet soggy run - 7 miles @ 7:12...

I suppose that's what a 'mini taper' will get you.

(Random thought - would be kinda cool to do a RW/ RA forumites race. - competitive like... a few of you I would like to try and chase down. Several of us are right near each other and would probably make for a damn fun race.  Then go have a shitload of beer after and have a great time.)

StepbyStep-SH

Ended up with 3.2 - didn't feel too bad once I was moving, but I kept it short and slow.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The university I work for is probably going to be crazy-crowded on Friday with this public release coming out...

Michelle Obama will speak at San Antonio's College Signing Day - SAN ANTONIO, Texas (KXAN) — Michelle Obama will be in San Antonio on Friday to speak at the fourth annual College Signing Day at the University of Texas at San Antonio. College Signing day is part of Destination College, a week-long event with free things to do around the city that Mayor Julian Castro started to attract more college students to San Antonio. The First Lady will talk to young student’s about the President’s ‘North Star’ education goal while she’s in Texas, a program which aims to make the U.S. the country with the most college graduates in the world again by 2020. Michelle Obama will ask people across the country to join the North Star movement on Friday, May 2 by sharing photos of themselves in college apparel on social media using the #ReachHigher hashtag. http://kxan.com/2014/04/28/michelle-obama-will-speak-at-san-antonios-college-signing-day/

Crowds, traffic, security....might be a good day to call in sick.... 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Count me up for the beer part, please.

Damaris

LRB

I like beer!  Where's this race taking place?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I like beer!  Where's this race taking place?

Miami, August.  Still in?

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Check this photo out.  A friend of mine, who also did the Fiesta run on Saturday, too this photo.  Check the guy on the left out, with the Sombrero in front of him.  He actually wore a  pair of Speedos but covered up the front with the sombrero to make it look like he was streaking and then his friend in police costume (you can see her in white shirt behind him) 'chased' him the whole way.  They were very popular with the crowd and got a lot of laughs and applause.

Photo: Check out the dude on the left that looks like he is only wearing a sombrero.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy miles after work, Zelanie and enjoy that rare sunshine!

Nice weather, outoftheblue, enjoy the miles!  How are the chickadees doing?

So sorry, Marjorie.  Hope the Pilates workout goes well for you.

Wow, B-Plus, you only live 800m from work?  Nice commute!

Dang, Hobbit. Stay safe!

Congrats on the 7, Slymoon.  Yeah, I always thought it was crazy humid up here in San Antonio...and then I visited Loosiana.....DANG!  Our humidity is pretty mild compared to your swamp/greenhouse/hothouse humidity down there!  Houston area feels the same way too.  Did a 4th of July race there one year, and OMG!   Thought I was in a darn sauna when I walked out the front door that morning.  You can keep it!   Well, I'm not competitive and definitely not speedy, so everyone who is can actually RACE and I'll take care of last place. 

LRB

Miami, August.  Still in?

To drink shit up?  You know it!  I ran in the hotels the two times I have been there and yes, I am one of those people who workout on vacation.  

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

To drink shit up?  You know it!  I ran in the hotels the two times I have been there and yes, I am one of those people who workout on vacation.  

IN the hotels?  As in inside?  Ha.

Damaris

LRB

IN the hotels?  As in inside?  Ha.

On the treadmill yes.