Beginners and Beyond

The Santa Rosa Marathon Race Report: Chasing Oprah (now with new photos) (Read 69 times)

hog4life

Colder and yummier I found, was the beer, handed out at some of the home-made aid stations. I took a cup at ~mile 25 when I was in FTS mode, and it was the most delicious thing ever.

I will be looking this aid station!!

LRB

I will be looking this aid station!!

You will not miss it trust me.

You will have the look of rigor mortis in the face and the guy at the stand will say in a matter of fact voice, "That guy needs a beer."

At the exact time that you finish it, you will be hard pressed to name a single better moment than that in your life. lol

You Rang?

Won't you consider running Surf City marathon and LA marathon back to back next February? 

I'm currently signed up for the Surf City Half.  Registration for LA opened yesterday.  Back to back weekend marathons sounds crazy.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

You Rang?

You poor thing. Did you just run a marathon?

No.  Only 24 miles. :P

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm currently signed up for the Surf City Half.  Registration for LA opened yesterday.  Back to back weekend marathons sounds FUN.

Damaris

Brilliant

Back to back weekend marathons sounds FUN.

Well D you are always welcome in SoCal if you can convince hubby!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Back to back weekend marathons sounds FUN.

Well D you are always welcome in SoCal if you can convince hubby!

He said no Surf City next year.  LAM I want to do again, but it has no HM so I would have to work really hard at convincing.

Damaris

LRB

He said no Surf City next year.  LAM I want to do again, but it has no HM so I would have to work really hard at convincing.

Los Angeles should not be the first marathon of a single soul.

bluerun

Super B****

That's okay, he's married. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, I meant convincing him to come and not run anything.  Not convincing him to run it.  That would be impossible.

Damaris

Brilliant

Where were you with these words of wisdom when I signed up for LA for my first AND second? 

LRB

That's okay, he's married. 

Look at you go girl. Cool

bluerun

Super B****

Look at you go girl. Cool

Oh, come on -- you couldn't pass that one up either, could you?!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Cramps suck!  Sorry things did not go as planned, but glad you were able to finish on your own two feet and did not have to be carried in.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

#artbydmcbride

LA Marathon has a two person relay option if you raise money for charity.   Talk someone into doing it with you and just run the second half! 

Runners run