Beginners and Beyond

Seriously Sundailies (Read 33 times)

LRB

Celebration may have been premature. I woke up super sore today. Not my shin, but everything else. I thought it might loosen up if I ran, but after 0.1 mile of hobbling it just didn't seem like a good idea to run any more.

I have an alter G run tomorrow, but it might just be that I'm not in "8 weeks away from a marathon" shape right now.

The 4 mile post run dog walk yesterday was also probably not a good idea. I don't even think I will pool run today. Just stretch and rest up for tomorrow.

You got it out of your system, now you can dial it down and build back up normally. Eight weeks is plenty of time.

Cyberic

Nice work, you, who has run 20 miles today.

workinprogress11

You got it out of your system, now you can dial it down and build back up normally. Eight weeks is plenty of time.

Yep, this.

I finished the 5 miles at the indoor track instead of in the 38 degree rain.

LRB

I just ate half of a pie geezus. I have been so undisciplined this spring!

DavePNW

I just ate half of a pie geezus. 

Is that a PR? And - details, man! What kind? I hope it was at least a good one, like from Grand Traverse or Aachatz.

Dave

Zelanie

To add insult to injury, I also got a sunburn on my run yesterday.  Apparently I haven't been outside in a while.

DavePNW

To add insult to injury, I also got a sunburn on my run yesterday.  Apparently I haven't been outside in a while live in the Northwest and haven't seen the sun in 5 months. 

FYP.

Dave

No more marathons

Mmmmmm!  Pie!

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Celebration may have been premature. I woke up super sore today. Not my shin, but everything else. I thought it might loosen up if I ran, but after 0.1 mile of hobbling it just didn't seem like a good idea to run any more.

I have an alter G run tomorrow, but it might just be that I'm not in "8 weeks away from a marathon" shape right now.

The 4 mile post run dog walk yesterday was also probably not a good idea. I don't even think I will pool run today. Just stretch and rest up for tomorrow.

That is normal after so much time off the road and asphalt.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hubby took me out for pizza after my run and I also ate half a pie!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Also sweet!

Thanks!  If only I could be even close to this MP during races, though.  Sigh.

Damaris

LRB

Is that a PR? And - details, man! What kind? I hope it was at least a good one, like from Grand Traverse or Aachatz.

Yes!

Nah, that would require some foresight. And these days, I have none of that. lol

Peach. Private Selection brand. I could have had much better, but could have also had much worse, so it's cool.

LRB

Thanks!  If only I could be even close to this MP during races, though.  Sigh.

Trust me, I know all about it.

LRB

FYP.

How 'bout dem Cubs, Son? 

DavePNW

How 'bout dem Cubs, Son? 

Oh yeah! Arrieta got the W today even though he actually showed he was human - gave up 3 runs in 7 innings, which for him is considered getting shelled. But their offense puts a lot of runs on the board, so no prob. I will try to refrain from getting too excited, since it's a loooooong season. The Schwarber injury is a big downer. Anything can happen, and usually does.

Dave