Beginners and Beyond

Thursdailies (Read 47 times)

Well fuck. Had to abort my run because of my knee, from slipping on the ice the other day. Hurts in a different area than my previous injury (is that good or bad?) on the outside rather than the front. Not sure if I should try again tomorrow, or give it a couple days.

And I had a 60+ mile week planned. We plan, the running gods laugh.

Hope everyone else has a better day.

Dave

LRB

Dammit Dave.

LRB

Meanwhile I will have to run after work for the first time ever if memory serves me right (not including doubles) and I am not real thrilled with missing my morning running goodness. That is what happens though when other people's problems latch onto to you...

In other news today is payday so Boo Ya!

Cyberic

That is real bad luck Dave.

Some LT stuff for me today.

happylily

Sorry, Dave...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Half Crazy K 2.0

Dave P, I'd give it a few days if running hurts. Current knee bruise has not impacted running-- it is just below the knee, so not subject to a whole lotta movement. I didn't run for a week after my trail run bruise because it was directly on the kneecap. Probably all depends where the bruising is.

delicate flower

Well fuck. 

Pretty much that.  Sorry, man.  Sad

DW was up at 5:00 today for her swim workout, so I dragged my butt to the gym for some strength training.  As with runs, I am just not as strong first thing in the morning as I am later in the day.  Still a decent workout as these things go.  I've got 50 easy minutes to run later.

So I left my new pair of winter shoes at the gym Sunday (a nice pair of Clarks).  Left them under a bench in the locker room.  I realized this after I left and they had closed.  I go back Monday afternoon to get them and they are nowhere to be found.  Who the hell takes a pair of shoes!?  

<3

Dave P, I'd give it a few days if running hurts. Current knee bruise has not impacted running-- it is just below the knee, so not subject to a whole lotta movement. I didn't run for a week after my trail run bruise because it was directly on the kneecap. Probably all depends where the bruising is.

My previous injury was in the front, just below the kneecap. Felt like just a bruise at first, but turned out to be a patellar tendon problem.

This I am feeling on the outside of the knee, and more below the surface than a bruise. When I fell, it sort of felt like something got strained a little in there. So I am a bit concerned, but I guess all I can do is wait & see.

Dave

So I left my new pair of winter shoes at the gym Sunday (a nice pair of Clarks).  Left them under a bench in the locker room.  I realized this after I left and they had closed.  I go back Monday afternoon to get them and they are nowhere to be found.  Who the hell takes a pair of shoes!?  

I have done that, with running shoes. Came back 12 hrs later and they were in the exact same spot.

They never got turned in to lost & found or anything? That sucks.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Ran 8 with 3 at tempo.  They went well, but now my knee is sore (thanks, Dave!)

Dave, sorry to hear about the knee.  I think it's from the fall rather than injury.

Oh, and I have a new bankruptcy case and everybody at the office is jealous.  Not sure why!  http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-02-11/david-cassidy-partridge-family-star-files-for-bankruptcy

Damaris

delicate flower

I have done that, with running shoes. Came back 12 hrs later and they were in the exact same spot.

They never got turned in to lost & found or anything? That sucks.

No, and I asked Monday and again Tuesday.  I also checked around the locker room and looked in a bunch of lockers in the area that I left them.  No dice.  At least I got the shoes on clearance.

<3

happylily

Morning!  Ran 8 with 3 at tempo.  They went well, but now my knee is sore (thanks, Dave!)

Dave, sorry to hear about the knee.  I think it's from the fall rather than injury.

Oh, and I have a new bankruptcy case and everybody at the office is jealous.  Not sure why!  http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-02-11/david-cassidy-partridge-family-star-files-for-bankruptcy

We didn't get the show in French when I was growing up. So I'm not familiar with him, but I've heard of the name, I just googled him. Ewwww...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

onemile

Well fuck. Had to abort my run because of my knee, from slipping on the ice the other day. Hurts in a different area than my previous injury (is that good or bad?) on the outside rather than the front. 

Sorry.

Little Blue

We didn't get the show in French when I was growing up. So I'm not familiar with him, but I've heard of the name, I just googled him. Ewwww...

Oh, dear.  Time and plastic surgery have not been kind ..

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Another day of no run, no gym damn it. Last night Dorian began to feel like shit, hid whole body felt like a furnacr wnd he was waking throughout the night so I wasn't able to leave.  He is sleeping good now, seems to be feeling better, but I have a freaking headache. Here's to hoping tomorrow goes well.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)