Beginners and Beyond

Yep its TuesDAILIES (Read 37 times)

Good Morning Runners

I decided to move my Q day to today as I have to leave early for work and not much time in the am for a longer workout. This was one of my better interval workouts. Used my 400m road so I do 400, turn around and back.  Ran in the new Fast Twitch and I have to say I'm impressed. Very responsive and I felt like I was in contact with the road. Not a lot of cushion but I didn't feel beat up at all. These will be my new 5k shoe.

8Mi total w/ 6x800s @ Interval pace / 2:00Rec. (Target 2:54)

Splits 2:55, 51, 53, 54, 52, 55

Had to work for 'em but they didn't feel terrible. I debated whether or not to run 400s in prep for these upcoming short races but I feel like your spending more time in Vo2max with an 800. I've done 400s at Rep pace before with a short recovery (these work your Vo2max very well) but there is just more risk running at R pace than I pace. See what happens 

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Back at the office and I have Pilates and 5 miles tonight.

Damaris

delicate flower

'Morning.  Nice run, JB Smoove.  Garmin doesn't like those constant turnarounds.  Seems like you lose a few seconds off your pace with each turn.

Aaaaaaaaaaaanyway, I swam before work.   Pretty good swim too IMO iirc.  Got a bike workout later, with an all day work meeting sandwiched between the two.  Got an e-mail that I can pick up my race trophy from Sunday at the local YMCA, so I'll do that on my way home.  I'll post a picture for you guys too because I know you all want to see it.  Hopefully it'll have a dog on it like onemile's trophies all do.

<3

LRB

'Morning.  Nice run, JB Smoove.  Garmin doesn't like those constant turnarounds.  Seems like you lose a few seconds off your pace with each turn.

Aaaaaaaaaaaanyway, I swam before work.   Pretty good swim too IMO iirc.  Got a bike workout later, with an all day work meeting sandwiched between the two.  Got an e-mail that I can pick up my race trophy from Sunday at the local YMCA, so I'll do that on my way home.  I'll post a picture for you guys too because I know you all want to see it.  Hopefully it'll have a dog on it like onemile's trophies all do.

Might wanna rent a U-Haul just in case. Big grin

onemile

Hopefully it'll have a dog on it like onemile's trophies all do.

You need to run a race that benefits the k9's to get a dog trophy!

LRB

I jogged. I was still feeling the Mondays initially, but broke out of it about halfway through and had a decent 6 miler as "easy" runs go.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good morning! Still playing catch up from my weekend, both in here and in life. Last night's run was nice - 6.18 in some gorgeous weather. I'll probably go around 8 tonight and then start to pull back before the weekend.

Are any of you folks big heart rate followers? I never was, but now that my Fenix has it included, I watch it with some curiosity. The odd trend that I'm finding is that the faster I go, the lower my heart rate is (to a point). Do any of you experience it? Maybe it's just a product of not doing a warmup prior to easy runs? I suppose it could also just be that I'm inefficient at paces that are easy for me? The even weirder thing to me is that it doesn't seem to match my breathing...I can be barely breathing at all at the beginning of the run, and despite that it still shows the HR as high.

Jay...Nice workout this morning. It's nice to have a quiet road to get those in on. And what you were saying about race pace v. interval pace is very true...it's really hard not to race workouts. I assume you are following Daniels? I gave him a whirl moons ago, but just seem to stay healthier and thus have better results using Hudson.

Docket...Wow, there definitely were some back half hills then! Have a good run/workout.

Baboon..You're going to need a new wing at the house for all the hardware soon!

LRB...nothing better than having the funk lift mid-run!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Are any of you folks big heart rate followers? I never was, but now that my Fenix has it included, I watch it with some curiosity. The odd trend that I'm finding is that the faster I go, the lower my heart rate is (to a point). Do any of you experience it? Maybe it's just a product of not doing a warmup prior to easy runs? I suppose it could also just be that I'm inefficient at paces that are easy for me? The even weirder thing to me is that it doesn't seem to match my breathing...I can be barely breathing at all at the beginning of the run, and despite that it still shows the HR as high.

I recently upgraded my watch to one that has an HRM, and I, too, follow it with curiosity.  While I can't say it slows down as I get faster, but I do notice that on long, easy training runs, my heart rate seems slower in the second half of the run even while my pace remains even.  Perhaps it's spiking up early in the run, and then settling down after a while.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                  10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

delicate flower

I do not.  I use a HRM all time time, though I don't train based on it.  I just like having the data.  Without exception, my HR is low when I start my activity, and increases as the run progresses.  It eventually levels out, but it rarely drops unless I am doing a cool down.

<3

Thanks

Boon- Timex only for intervals. I don’t trust a gps

So-Just follow his recommended paces. Not his whole program

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 63 groovy miles on another beautiful morning.  Low 50s and clear, with that big moon lighting up the sky makes it all good.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

bluerun

Super B****

5 on the AlterG, swimming tonight.

I have found the perfect marathon for me.  It would be even more perfect if were not on the other side of the country (and a week or two later).

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

I have found the perfect marathon for me.  It would be even more perfect if were not on the other side of the country (and a week or two later).

My quads hurt just looking at that profile. But then there was this quote from a participant: "After the race, there was PIE. I mean, really, who does that?". So, I'm in.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

5 on the AlterG, swimming tonight.

I have a lot of friends who signed up for it.  I signed up for another one in UT that looks less quad killing than this one.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

My quads hurt just looking at that profile. But then there was this quote from a participant: "After the race, there was PIE. I mean, really, who does that?". So, I'm in.

That is the exact opposite of a draw for me.  Nothing I love more than watching everyone eat when I can't.  (Really, I'm very good at that, I have years of practice in doing it voluntarily.  Which makes it even worse now.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog