Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

weekly thread 5/18 to 5/24 (Read 315 times)

thought I'd start this out... completed OHR W5D3 today.... week 5 done!
    2011 Goal: Run at least twice per week for the entire year
    kiwirunning

going for W5D1 myself... am in awe eyedocguy - am looking at days 2 and 3 and thinking it's gonna hurt.... Undecided
      obiebyke

kiwi--Tell yourself good things instead of fear things, and slow down as much as you have to. You can do it!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

kiwirunning

thanks obiebyke - i know , i know.... i made it through D1, and didn't have to stop (in fact thought about running part of the walk leg back to work), so it's gonna be fine.... right?

Puffer, not huffer

Just finished W8 D3! I love how each run gets progressively easier to tackle. Onto Week 9! I actually had next block-itis again today and ran for 29:30--I can definitely do 30 more seconds. Happy Monday!
              congratulations LaineT, doesn't that feel great?? Just a quick question for you all... on your logs, how do you create a new type of run. Like kiwirunner, on your bar graph it has different colors that say "C25K W4" and such. How can I create one like that instead of just picking from "interval, tempo, easy, race" etc.?
              CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

congratulations LaineT, doesn't that feel great?? Just a quick question for you all... on your logs, how do you create a new type of run. Like kiwirunner, on your bar graph it has different colors that say "C25K W4" and such. How can I create one like that instead of just picking from "interval, tempo, easy, race" etc.?
                Go to options in the top right of the screen. Go into Log preferences. Theree's a list of workouts at the bottom of the screen. Click on the one you want (ie. running) and it will bring up a list of workouts. That's how I created "pavement" in my running list. Save after you add the new workout type. I hope that makes sense.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

Hi guys! If you remember me, I was a new member who had once graduated but then haven't ran in a while... I'm back again, I ran W4D1 Sunday and running W4D2 tonight!
                  -Jen
                  2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!

running buddies

Congrats eyedocguy! I finished W5D3 today - what a difference repeating a week can make. It felt fine! Now I feel like I really am ready to start Week 6, instead of dreading it. I think the different music on my iPod helped, too. I like the podcasts for the walk/run intervals so I don't have to watch my watch, but for a straight run, it was fun to have my own personal choices.
                    "Be patient and tough. Someday this pain will be useful to you." Ovid 2009 Goals 1. Don't get injured 2. Run 3-4x/week for at least 30 minutes 3. participate in at least one run or tri (maybe 2) "And remember, Dead Freakin' Last is better than Did Not Finish which is way better than Did Not Start" (Allison)
                      Hello! I am a new runner starting with the C25K program and I thought I would introduce myslef. I have never been a runner... always a ballet dancer. I just started week 1 and it went well. I decided to start running since I'm not dancing anymore I'm kind of going crazy and I need something to stay active. My husband is a huge runner and he suggested this program. I'm excited! It's inspiring to see how well all of you guys are doing!
                      CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Hey Mimi! Smile Welcome to the group. I'm closer to the start than the end too; I did my first run of week 3 today. My run today felt sluggish although I did about the same distance as my last few run. No cramps and no stitches which is good, but just tiredness in my legs. Tongue And I suspect I'm getting lazy in the walk intervals. I really hope my next run feels more energetic.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Did OHR W1D1 today and felt good Smile I'm starting to feel like I can go longer than I am which is a good thing!
                          Yelie
                          obiebyke

Welcome mimi and welcome back, Jenni. Welcome to OHR, Yelie. OHR W8D1 today. It was fine. My race June 1st has some inclines, so I'm practicing them.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Just finished OHR W6D1, went fine. I went at a slower pace just cuz it felt relaxing. Finishing week 5 last time was pretty challenging, I can't wait to see if I can do day 3 this week! Oh well, day 2 comes first. good luck everybody.
                              jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Welcome to the new posters! eyedoc - good to see you back and running. You are doing really well! I'm on the sidelines again with some back issues - hopefully I'll bounce back quickly, but in the meantime, I can't run.