Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Finished ONe Hour Running (Read 230 times)

Hi everyone ~ It is REALLY quiet around here now, but I still recognize a few names! I just popped in to say that I finished OHR over the weekend! I am now starting training for the Cleveland 1/2 marathon in May. For anyone new around here, I started running at the end of July - a few (30) pounds overweight, over 40, and had never run in my life! Now here I am, 17 pounds lighter, feeling years younger, and can run for an hour straight! Believe me, if I can do this anyone can! The fact that I am now training for a 1/2 marathon still surprises me every day! So for all the new folks, don't quit, don't give up - even on the 'hard' days, trust me when I tell you the good runs far outnumber the hard! My other advice is, take it slow - don't worry about speed (I'm still slow ha ha) and be patient. The whole first year of running really is about developing endurance, steady base building. Even though I'm planning for a 1/2 marathon, I am not running it for time, I am just running to finish this one because I am still developing my foundation. Keep runnin' on everyone!
    Cyndi One Hour Running, Finishing by Jan 3rd! www.brokenscale.blogspot.com
      Congrats, CyndiKo! Cool

Roads were made for journeys...

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

wow Cyndi! that is awesome a big congrats to you!
        -Jen
        2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!
        run-mom

Yay Cyndi!!!! What a great accomplishment! The best of luck to you on your 1/2! Big grinCool
            Cyndi, you are doing awesome! All the best to you in your HM training!

"Don't feel like running today...suck it up and run ...you're an athlete." (John Stanton, founder & owner of The Running Room)

"The person who starts the race is not the same person who finishes the race."

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Cyndi, Awesome job! What plan did you decide to use for your 1/2?
                Hi JB ~ I pulled up the SmartCoach training calculator at Runnersworld.com It has been great ~ I entered my last (only) 5K time, how hard I wanted to train, and the distance training for. In seconds I had a 16 or 18 week plan! It has me running at a very slow pace (14:38 to be exact) which is difficult to do, but I am getting the hang of it and I can feel it is the right approach. I always finish my runs feeling like I could go a little more (but I dont). Trying to do this as practically and 'smartly' as possible so I don't hurt myself!
                Cyndi One Hour Running, Finishing by Jan 3rd! www.brokenscale.blogspot.com
                  Good luck with the RW training plan! I used to LOVE putting stuff in there and fantasizing about what races I'd be ready to train for. But I never could bring myself to follow the schedules. Blush For the curious, here's the link: http://www.runnersworld.com/cda/smartcoach/0,7148,s6-238-277-278-0-0-0-0,00.html?starf=&lrdy=0&slen=16&trainstart=ds1231193712588&startf=checkforward&hour=0&mins=0&secs=0&rlen=fivk&rdst=fivk&mpwe=11&diff=mod

Roads were made for journeys...