Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

My first 5k (Read 138 times)

On the road back

This was the 5k I had in mind when I first started the C25K program back in April, and it felt good to kind of put a finishing touch on the program. A couple of weeks ago my sister decided she wanted to do it with me, and since she hasn't run in years, I didn't even worry about our time. I just wanted to take in the full experience - race day, time with my sister, that sort of thing. What a blast! I had a great time running with my sister - she did really well. Her goal was to run the first 2 miles before we walked, and we got close. She needed a minute walk or so around 1.75 miles. I think we walked twice, or maybe three times, but still came in right at 36 minutes (she was 55th at 36:04 and I was 56th at 36:05 - of course, I let her win Big grin ). Best part was that I was able to talk her through it pretty much the entire time, which means that I could have gone a good bit faster. I really wasn't that tired at the end. I don't know how I did as far as placement for age group and gender. I'll update that when I find out. Can't wait to do another one. Keep up all the hard work, everybody. It is so worth it!

2013 Goals: Run more. Smile while I do it. Complete 2 marathons in a year. (1 down, 1 to go)

Way to go! How great that you got to run with your sister. Smile

Roads were made for journeys...

How awesome your first race was such a good one! Next time, take the win though. Can't let her have them all. Wink

"Don't feel like running today...suck it up and run ...you're an athlete." (John Stanton, founder & owner of The Running Room)

"The person who starts the race is not the same person who finishes the race."

On the road back

Next time, take the win though. Can't let her have them all. Wink
          Umm. Absolutely. She got a break today. Next time, if she hasn't put in the time to train, I'm leaving her at the end. Wink

2013 Goals: Run more. Smile while I do it. Complete 2 marathons in a year. (1 down, 1 to go)