Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Weekly Thread 4/13 - 4/19 (Read 295 times)

So I completed Week 5 yesterday. Great 20 Minute run. Was surprised on how well I was breathing. Wasn't out of breathe not once. Now 2 more workouts of intervals left and thereafter will all be running Shocked http://nikeplus.nike.com/nikeplus/?l=runners,runs,753181568,runID,1155435625 Heres my Nike+ log =)
    jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

I copied this from the website awhile back. I used it last fall (combined it with low heart rate training on the treadmill where I kept my HR at 180 - age) and found it very easy to follow. I was VERY SLOW, but I had worked up to an hour before my injury which was a major accomplishment for me who struggled running the 60 seconds on C25K that first week! Becoming a One Hour Runner The key component of this program is the one long run per week. It builds up endurance and lays the foundation for further progress. Weeks 1 - 3: Right now you are running 30 minutes a day, 3 days a week. Your weekly commitment of time is 90 minutes. Continue doing this for three weeks. Week 4: Run 30 minutes, 29 minutes, 35 minutes. Weekly total: 94 minutes Week 5: Run 30 minutes, 32 minutes, 38 minutes Weekly total: 100 minutes Week 6: Run 30 minutes, 33 minutes, 41 minutes Weekly total: 104 minutes Week 7: Run 30 minutes, 34 minutes, 45 minutes Weekly total: 109 minutes Week 8: Run 30 minutes, 36 minutes , 49 minute Weekly total: 115 minutes Week 9: Run 30 minutes, 38 minutes, 54 minutes Weekly total: 122 minutes Week 10: Run 30 minutes, 40 minutes, 60 minutes Weekly total: 130 minutes
      obiebyke

jb, Yup! That's one hour runner. That's what I'm starting. But I couldn't find a user group for it on RA. Any other grads find it? Does one need to be started? Great job, C25K-ers. Very impressive.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Take the initiative, Obiebyke. Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

Wingz

Professional Noob

Or... we could modify this group to include both programs, if you want. Since this group is currently kinda small and there's not much call *right now* for a OHR group. Then again, you could start one and advertise it on the main forums and see what happens...

Roads were made for journeys...

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

or you could join the mile loggers. We all did C25k sometime from August to December of last year and so we are basically new runners. I've found the group very encouraging.