Marathon Trainers

Week of 22 - 28 Sept 2008 (Read 299 times)

Happy Camper

Hello everyone! Belated congrats to Murphy and Erika. Hello Kimmie. Work has just been the suck and will leave it at that. ----<the> Still running, no issues except being slow. Entered the local 1/2M on October 5th just because it's about the best thing around here to run all year. Bugs: Looks like you've trained great. DesMoines is off calender for me this year. I replaced it with a trip to SD opening weekend of pheasant hunting. Erika: Cool moose! Ever skin one? Evil grin </the>

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

evanflein

Heh, Bryan, field dressing a moose ain't all that hard. What's hard is getting them to stand still while you do their hair and accessorize the outfit. Tougher still is to get them to come home on time so you can undress them.
      Kimmie

Lovin the moose pictures. I went home from work early today seeing as how it was my birthday. .
        HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVE!!!! Smile I hope you get lots of cake. My 20 miler is on Sunday... looks like rain. Smile I am looking forward to hearing race reports from Zoom and midwestrunner. I've been reading about their training. What are your running plans this weekend, dave?
        evanflein

DAVE! I missed that it was your birthday! Hope it was grand as I'm sure you've already gone to bed tonight. Good luck on your run tomorrow. I don't know about you guys, but I'm soooo happy its Friday night. Almost ready to go to bed. Got lots of stuff to do around here tomorrow, but at least it's MY house stuff and not work.
          Cashmason

Happy Birthday Dave!

Dave

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVE!!!! Smile Thanks, everyone. What are your running plans this weekend, dave?
              I'm heading out the door now for a 5-6 miler. Knee feels much better but still not 100%. Just the thought of 3 days in a row off bothers me know. Last spring I took 3 weeks without blinking. Depending on how this goes, I may do another 5-6 tomorrow, I may do 10-15. I'm starting my mini-taper to Saturday's 10 miler so I intend to take it really easy Thursday and Friday next week. My regular plan would've called for a cutback this weekend to around 12 and then my last 20 next weekend. In light of turning 42 yesterday, I decided to update my plan to BQ. I think my goal race is now Boston in 2012. If I can stay focused and avoid injuries, I should be able to BQ with a 3:30 by then once I turn 45. I simply can't imagine 3:20. MTA: Went 7.4 this morning at an easy pace. Knee held up well but I'm still not confident in it. The humidity is pretty awful, Kimmie. Hope your 20 goes well.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!! (way to sneak that in there!)
                Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Happy birthday Dave!! Just ran an hour today. Not surprisingly, I've been overthinking things. 4x per week run fast once run longer once 90 minutes to start with This isn't rocket science people. logging food is a pain the scale is starting to budge

Oh Mighty Wing

Great job Mr. I!!!!!

Bugs

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY DAVE. How's the knee today? A hard 5K race today, full of young runners because it's the local college's running club race. I passed two of them, they really tried to keep me back and all I could think was, "I got running shoes older than you." A volunter had us go the wrong way. We went down main street which is a very long steep hill with lots of traffic. All I kept thinking was we're going to have to go back up this thing. Then it was clear we were not on the course. The race director was there and he said how to get back, but I just assumed we were taking whatever course and I lost my mental edge. The hill was so hard I walked part of it. So I'm thinking, "This isn't good to be walking a 5K when you're pegged to run 26". I made it back to the finish but not many people there. I wore the nike sportsband watch and it says "2.48m", "25:27". Shit! Turns out, everybody ran the incorrect course, which ended up being 3.1, sportsband was inaccurate, and I was 2nd woman in. It was a hard 5K, everybody's times were slow, everybody walked part of the hill. It was just bad, 1 mile crazy fast, traffic stops, steep scary downhill, and evil uphill. I won $20 gift certificate. Three races, three placements, no metals. Doesn't anyone give out hardware? Must be rising cost of aluminum. My good ankle/achillies is sore. I had graston on Friday and it might be related to that, then racing on it. I hope it's fine by tomorrow. (slightly freaking me out.)

Bugs

Dave

Bugs, that may have been one of the strangest race reports I've ever read on here. Awesome job though taking second. Nice to see you posting, P2R. And Inertia, it sounds like a good common sense plan. Losing weight is really tough, even with higher miles because of the effects on apetite. My knee felt good during my run today and pretty good all day afterwards. I noticed that the shoes I've been running at work are getting up there in miles (Asics Gel Cumulus) and are different from my weekend shoes (Asics 2130), one being a nuetral shoe and the other stability. Thought that might have something to do with my knee pain so I went to my local running store for a more professional fit than I got at Roadrunner Sports. Turns out I really do need a stability shoe and need a bit more than even the 2130's were offering. I thought it was strange that I didn't have knee pain after my 20 miler, only after another 20 miles on my neutral shoes. Those are now grass cutting shoes and I have a new pair of Nike Structure 11+'s. I generally don't run in Nike's but these were very comfortable. I'll run in them tomorrow, probably somewhere around 13 miles easy.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

Nice race Bugs. That would freak me out too if someone directed me the wrong way. It's hard not to be frustrated over that. Glad you got your shoes figured out Dave. That makes a big difference. I'm going to bed early so I can get up at the break of dawn and go run a hilly 20 miler in Alexandria. I've had a bad sore throat all day, so I hope that doesn't affect me. I'll just go out and easy and see what happens.
                            Happy belated b-day Dave! Nice run Bugs. I would kill to place in a race someday. Guess I need to train to do so. Confused Ran 4 last night on the trail and 3 tonight in the neighborhood. Knee a bit achy, but nothing serious. The neighborhood is hilly. I cut a bit short from what I mapped out, decided I should ease back into it the first few times out while I recover from the marathon. SIgned up on the mile a day group. That is probably a key factor to even get me out tonight. I was pretty tired after digging holes and moving dirt, and burying bodies...I mean trees. Long run scheduled for tomorrow night. Not sure how long I will go though. Dont want to overdo it.

Cause I CAN

Happy late bday Dave! Today's 7 miles turned into 6....the whole run was complete hell so I just figured why subject myself to anymore....called it a day and went home
                              Liver Transplant - July 2, 1991
                              http://terri7291.blogspot.com/
                              Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Watching a marathon is interesting. Never done that before. I was kinda jealous that I wasn't able to race, but I know I made the right call. What an odd year for running it's been. Cool to watch the fast people. Mid packers are neat to watch too. Kinda cool to stick around and watch the way back of the pack. People are having less and less fun and suffering more and more as things thin out. When I was cheering people, at some point I stopped saying "Looking good" and switched to "Stay strong, you're almost there". I made sure I never said you're almost there unless it was close to 26 miles. I remember on my first one someone said "Looking good, almost there" at mile 22 and I remember thinking "You effnig LIAR, neither of those things are true.