Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/27 (Read 336 times)

I'm running (most of) the Pig. I'm DNFing at mile 20 after running that portion progressively. Final long run prior to Bayshore. Never did this before and I know going into it is going to be difficult. I could totally jog the final 6 miles and PR but I don't think that's what's best for Bayshore.
    You could wait for me at mile 20, and come in at my pace, which will likely be slower than a jog.

Oh Mighty Wing

so AP... is there something you are not telling us? Or did we all just miss it... MTA: oh I saw where you snuck it in.... still... don't make me copy and paste....
      Kimmie

6 miles in serious mugginess. Smile and rain....
        AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Skies just opened up where I am a few minutes ago. Now I think it's stopped again. Our first official open water swim is in a few hours, so I think this should help make the water warmer (and have more land runoff, but, yuck, that's no fun to think about).

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

THANKS GUYS!! I'm looking forward to racing on Sunday. I've been debating back and forth whether to race it for me or help pace my RP to a sub 1:55. I know she can do it though I worry that she'll go out too fast. Course pacing people or doing multiple races close together have always been kind of my way of running away from racing. If I'm going to race my marathon in 3 weeks I guess I better race this thing on Sunday. Good luck to everyone else racing this weekend!! Can't wait to hear how everyone did and if we all acheived our goal for the specific races. I don't know about you guys but I've had butterflies in my stomach since I woke up this morning. Got 7 easy miles in. Went bought new shoes for the race on Sunday and may or may not do another run after dh gets home. Of course that all depends on if Ken gets home on time, from the sounds of it things are a bit hectic there today. Oh on another note since he's working at Sonofi he may be working from home part of the week next week thanks to the SwineFlu Roll eyes

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I would be more nervous if I were expecting to PR. Im just going for a long supported run. I will be nervous at the starting line. Im considering to go out guns blazing to see if I can finish before I get tired Evil grin I am more nervous about sitting on a plane cross country on Monday, and standing up at a trade show for three straight days. But, it is Vegas. Just hope I can stand/walk.
              Kimmie

Just saw on FB, that it's Lou's birthday tomorrow- Happy Early Birthday!! Pam, what would your time goal be? Murphy- I think you're going to surprise yourself. this makes me desperate for another race on the horizon... wonder if I could get a 10K PR.
                AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

... this makes me desperate for another race on the horizon... wonder if I could get a 10K PR.
                  http://www.pvtc.org/ Only I don't see more of the Hains Pt 5K & 10K races until Nov & Dec. The Hains Pt course is flat like a pancake; the only hill is going up over a bridge near the end of the 10K course. MTA: *Annapolis Striders Dawsons Fathers Day 10k, Severna Park High School, Severna Park, MD, Sunday, June 21, 2009 at 0800 * Chaptico Classic 5K and 10K, Location: Chaptico, St Mary's Co, MD, Saturday, August 29, 2009 But I bet there are closer ones to you... Actually I just saw one mentioned in Fredericksburg, but I forget where I saw it or what distance.

Bugs

Quick Post...I owe most of you lots of attention. Murphy, GOOD LUCK! Inertia, Quiting at 20 is smart, even quiting earlier if something decides to be extra cranky. My mantra is , "Be Protective of My Training". Pam, you will do great. Shan., go maniac go whever you're running, and get your butt safely to Fargo. I am racing 5K tomorrow..been a little quiet about it, as I have NO IDEA how I will do. My legs are very rested but I've been having some soft tissue problems. Had achilles worked on Tuesday, and ran to a different doc at last minute today and he worked both my shins, calf and achilles on other leg. He also taped my shins which he said are very strong but have spots of injury. Now I look like I'm half runner half zebra with black (??..forget the name) tape on. I think I may just have to accept graston treatment as a monthly thing in my life. Even when I was kick boxing 4x a week I had shin splints, so I don't think it's particular to running. Good news is I took care of it today, and should not struggle through my run tomorrow.

Bugs

Kimmie

That's good to hear, bugs. I think it's called kinesio tape. I'm wondering, Bugs, if you know about sore shoulders... we talked once about having issues with your pecs and that causing issues in your upper back/shoulders area- is that right? Anyways, I did pushups again today and I can feel the soreness coming on. It's like I have an imbalance or something. I really want to be able to do pushups- great strength builder- and kind of a requirement for my job. My Doc says- just don't do them- I don't really like that answer. so, anyways- Bugs- or anyone who may know- any ideas on how to correct this?
                        HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY LOU!!! As for a time goal. Well I'm not totally sure. I know what I'd like to do however with my Marathon in a couple weeks I don't think I'll push that hard. I'll be happy with anything under 1:50. If I don't wuss out I'm looking to get around 1:46 or so. Also this week I've had issue's in my right foot. I'm sure it is from running on cambered roads especially the ones on the hilly runs in Kutztown. Doesn't hurt when I run, though I feel a bit of tightness first thing in the am and for a little bit a few hours after running. Hopefully it won't have any negative impact on Sundays race. GOOD LUCK BUGS!! YOU are going to do AWESOME!!! Hopefully the issue's you've been having will stay quiet!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Cashmason

Happy Birthday Lou ! Good Luck Bugs, Shan, Murph and Mr. I. Kimmie, I use the foam roller on the pecs when they get sore too. Its not just for legs. Yes it hurts just like the legs, but my pecs feel better afterwards.

Happy Camper

Kimmie: Try out the perfect pushup. I have the cheap one for $19.99. I started just using the floor, then switched to a bar. I have used the PP since October and it saved some pain. Good luck to everyone racing! There are so many of you. I got inspired and entered a 5k for next weekend. From last weekend: The Vanbulance. Tied for best team vehicle. Yes I got to drive it. Our Team For Lou: The place is available. At the Mason Dixon The scenery:

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

"butt sweat and tears" hehe. Nice photos

The Vanbulance is AWESOME! I cant imagine anything tying that. OK, Shan.... I swear to GOD, if you are running the Pig, and you do it without my prior knowledge and at least a weak attempt to say hello at the start line, I will ban you from this group. I have the power, and I'll do it. Evil grin MR I, shoot me an email if you want to try to meet up beforehand. Given the current weather forecast, I doubt youd want to hang around afterwards. Just saw on the news that they will have a special medical tent for those experiencing flu-like symptoms...ugh. Guess I wont be seeing Danny Gans in Vegas next week. Always wanted to see him, and put it off. Sad.