Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/5/2010 and 2 Weeks to Boston!! (Read 228 times)

evanflein

Woohoo, and my last long run is done and in the bank! 22.6 miles yesterday, downhill/flat first 2/3, hilly last 1/3, great Boston prep run. 8:20 avg pace but I was fading at the end. I think I got pretty dehydrated on this one. Need to learn to stash water bottles along the way, I think. Being Easter Sunday, a couple of the places I usually stop for water were closed.

So it's officially taper time for me. Yay.

Nice 5k race for you, Perry! You modest speedster, you.

Yeah, Perry -- 18:11 -- that's outta sight to me.

Ek --  22.6, huh -- are you dyslexic?  It's supposed to be 26.2.  Nice pace anyway Smile

3 mile recovery run for me.  I was going to take today off, but PDR talked me into waiting until later in the week to take a day off.  She's a slave-driver.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Erika, that is a great run!  You are so ready.  You definitely deserve to have a great experience at Boston this year and it will be so great to meet you IRL.  Smile

Lou, nice to be married to a slave driver.  Smile

I had debated on attempting a last long run this past weekend.  Saturday I woke up with a yucko cold and since my name is not Pam, I did NOT go out and run.  Smile  Sunday, not much better, so, essentially taper began for me.  With 3 hilly 20 milers, I'm OK with it.  I knew it was slightly more than just a  head cold, with some major coughing attacks happening, so I wasn't going to stress my body by trying to squeeze in another 20.   

Today, I feel better, so I went out and ran hill repeats and boy am I excited....  I may jinx myself saying this, but THEY DID NOT FEEL HARD AT ALL.   I hope that means that I'm ready.  I did 10 repeats with recovery in between.  This hill used to be my go-to hill but now I think I better find a new one.  

Speaking of hills, I was at a friend's river house and there was just a small runnable loop that she told me about.  She said, "It's pretty hilly, though"   And while I was running , I was  like umm.... this is not hilly.

Sorry if I'm bragging... I wish I could be more humble like Perry.

I guess I'm excited.

It's pretty toasty out there today, too.

Have a good one all!

evanflein

Kimmie, you're ready. Three 20-milers is what I do in the last month before the marathon. Throw in a 19 and a couple of 17/18 milers and that's it for the real long runs. Good job on tackling the hills, too.

Slave driver PDR. You love it, Lou.

Nice run Erika! You are going to KICK Boston's butt!

Nice race Perry even if it really wasn't a PR Wink

Yes I'm an idiot Kimmie. I keep thinking I'll change however but so far not yet lol. I think you'll have no problem going sub 4 at Boston. The fact that you got 3 hilly 20 milers in will pay off in the end. I only got 2 hilly 20 milers in. YOU ARE READY for Boston!!

As for me I got in my last long run in on Saturday.  Kids have no school today so no run for me (well I may if I have time after DH gets home) I'm very happy to say I think my shredded callous won't be an issue anymore. *knock on wood* Oh and is it bad that I'm not sore at all from Saturdays run?? I found myself yesterday asking dh why we didn't go hiking since the weather is gorgeous. I'm not supposed to be feeling so good. Hope that doesn't come bite me in the ass come race day

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Hawt and sexy

I think you should train.

I'm touching your pants.

Cashmason

Yay Kimmie !

Nice run Erika.

Glad Pam's callous will be ok.

Sherlock Holmes run today.  2.22 miles  ( For those of you who are not fans of Sherlock... he lived at  222 B  Baker Street)

Left half  hurt at mile 1.7 so came home.  Was hoping  for 3.    At least the dog enjoyed the run.

No teaching cycle for a week, as they refinish the wood floors.    So possiblity of more running. 

But this stupid calf problem isnt going away.     Next time please send me the smart calves... okay?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm just old and jaded. And forgetful.  And senile. What was I talking about? Oh, yeah, this chocolate cake is great. Who are you all again?

Also, da hay is in da barn, you all kids go have yerselfs a real good time at Boston.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Did somebody say "chocolate"?  yummm!

7.2 miles @ 8:13 pace including a buncha striders

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Yes I'm an idiot Kimmie. 

I was thinking more, you're super tough and I'm not.  Smile

I still have this cough, though.  Wish I knew exactly what to do about it.  I ran yesterday and want to run today... not really SICK, but want to be as healthy as possible.  What to do....

sorry to hear about calf troubles, Cash.  Have you been to the Dr.?  

lou-  nice!

Dave

Also, da hay is in da barn, you all kids go have yerselfs a real good time at Boston.

+1  I wish I had done the work to get there.  Enjoy the rewards of your labor!

Enjoying a little time off work this week.  Got in a nice 6.7 this morning with a tempo mile and some hills thrown in.  Amazing how I could cook off a 7:50 mile on the flats without much effort and then have to walk on the steep hills. Some very strange splits on this one.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Hawt and sexy

Ahh. Blah. Grr. Fttt. Blech. ppffftttt. ugh.

I'm touching your pants.

evanflein

Sounds like someone needs a jump start.
                            AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Sounds like someone needs a jump start.

Also she needs to run more. She did like 0 miles last week.   (rounding down to the nearest 300)

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Dave

Also she needs to run more. She did like 0 miles last week.   (rounding down to the nearest 300)

Holy smokes.  That's like 4 long runs in one week.  She probably needs to drink more water.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com