Marathon Trainers

Week of 3/28/2011 (Read 327 times)

Where is everyone?  

Apparently I can't figure out how to paste the report table in here.  How do we do the mileage summary?

3 easy for me this morning.  A bit chilly.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Name ▲DistanceTime
      Amores Perros 60.7 mi 8:09:39
      AussieGirl76 51 mi 6:52:04
      Bugs    
      CaraH 48.2 mi 7:14:02
      Cashmason 0 mi 0:00
      dgb2n 17.1 mi 2:33:03
      Dutchie42 9.4 mi 1:43:44
      evanflein 25.5 mi 3:32:41
      irpete 22.2 mi 4:08:56
      jhallum 23 mi 3:16:15
      Kimmie 21.2 mi 3:19:38
      lilcat19 4.7 mi 48:00
      Murphy996 0 mi 0:00
      pace2race 60.9 mi 8:51:39
      rockenmamof5    
      theyapper66 28.4 mi 4:09:17
      willamona 16.9 mi 2:50:00
      WillRunForBeer 45.4 mi 6:20:54

A week after a marathon, Amores'  mileage is still higher than mine!

Dave

But Perry is a freak of nature. It doesn't count. 3rd week in a row of increasing miles for me. Low bar but still better. Off to the T-mill now.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Hello again everyone!  Well I didn't get the full 50 in  Sad I got 32 miles  which I was very happy with. Turns out it wasn't anything to do with my training that stopped me instead it was female issue's which REALLY suck but such is life.  I've decided no more signing up for races months and months in advance. It's not too bad for short races however not good for long races. I've also decided that it's time to start training for a fall race and that I will not be doing any Ultra's this summer! It will be hard for me however I really want to race ( I mean really race and not just show up and have fun) Today was my first day of training. We shall see how it goes.

Congrats to all the racers last week! 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

evanflein

Hi Pam! Good of you to stop by, we get concerned when you don't show up and don't post many miles. And where the heck is Bugs??

Waaahhh! Look at my piddly miles from last week! I hate being sick. Could barely run 3 stoopid miles on the treadmill last night and almost died. I hate this. I'm so cranky you would not even believe it.

Hi Pam! Good of you to stop by, we get concerned when you don't show up and don't post many miles. And where the heck is Bugs??

Waaahhh! Look at my piddly miles from last week! I hate being sick. Could barely run 3 stoopid miles on the treadmill last night and almost died. I hate this. I'm so cranky you would not even believe it.

Sorry to hear you're sick Erika Sad Hope you get better ASAP!  

I hate posting then not coming back for awhile, but I get in a funk like that sometimes. Now that I'm actually training for a marathon (I think) I should be here more often. 

Have no idea where bugs is Sad Hope she's doing alright!

Happy Camper

Hi Pam!  (waves)

10 this morning and weights this evening.  Mailed my Hospital Hill 1/2 Entry off this morning.  Hope I can get some sort of confirmation from them before getting a room booked.  Forecasted 1-2 more inches of snow tonight then 70 for the weekend.  Can't wait to get back out the shorts.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Hi Pam!  (waves)

10 this morning and weights this evening.  Mailed my Hospital Hill 1/2 Entry off this morning.  Hope I can get some sort of confirmation from them before getting a room booked.  Forecasted 1-2 more inches of snow tonight then 70 for the weekend.  Can't wait to get back out the shorts.

Hey Bryan CONGRATS on your new HM PR!!! Great job despite weather! AKKK@ snow!!!!

Dave

Easy 5 on the treadmill at the hotel this evening after work.  Nice and steady.

Felt pretty nice.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

theyapper

On the road again...

I did a nice 4 miles of recovery and wrote my lengthy race novel report.

A Tale of PRs, Pee and Puke (Almost)

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Dave

I did a nice 4 miles of recovery and wrote my lengthy race novel report.

A Tale of PRs, Pee and Puke (Almost)

Thank you for posting that Paul. 

I especially enjoyed this:

I knew that miles 3 and 4 were downhill and so I’d planned on running them in the lower 8′s, and when I saw them click off in 7:55 and 7:57, I had 2 thoughts: I was running too fast, and I was running too fast but felt awesome and should try to run a 1:45.

I can't quite put into words how cool this but I can totally relate.  That moment when you feel great.  When you begin to believe that you can reach your stretch goal, and you go for it.  You made it all the way through Mile 11 with that dream in tact and that is totally awesome.  

And you finished strong.  It doesn't get much better than that.  1:45 is out there for you and you'll easily reach it enroute to your next full marathon training cycle.   

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Hey, Pam!

7.2 miles @ 8:18/mi on tired legs.

Note to self: must find time to read Paul's RR

Kimmie

Great report, Paul!
                                Great report, Paul!

+1

It's a good thing that guy handed you the gatorade bottle before he started rather than after he was done.  Hey, you never did say what he did with it.  Funny, but I have heard about this, but never would do it and I don't recall having seen anyone do it either.

You showed a lot of heart, the way you finished that race, Paul.  Well done.