Marathon Trainers

Week of 12/8 (Read 247 times)

evanflein

Kimmie that's great and it IS a big deal. Changing things up is always good. And I think it's very important to learn to entertain yourself on long runs... alone! You can't always count on having someone to run with and don't want that to dictate whether you run or not. Besides, it's good to have that alone time with yourself. I love it, need it and count on it! And good job on the 16 miles! I'm planning on 18 tomorrow, but 16 will be good too. Just need to find a good place to run it because I do NOT want to run on the treadmill this weekend. I'm planning 8 today, will drive over to the university and run on bikepaths and sidewalks around there. Most everything else has too much snow and crappy footing so it ruins the run, IMO. Same thing tomorrow. I see a lot of laps in my immediate future! Bugs, a rest day can be a good thing. I was tired yesterday and we even bailed on the basketball game last night. Made one of my favorite chicken and rice dishes, drank some yummy wine, watched a movie and went to bed. I feel really good today so I'm glad I ignored the little voice that said "oh, just go run a mile....!"

Dave

16 is awesome Kimmie just about any way you slice it. I'm weeks away from trying anything that long. I've only probably gone that far maybe 8 times in my life. Sorry to hear about the tough conditions Erika. Hope you get out and enjoy the 18. I enjoyed an easy 4 today. Sounds lame in comparison to the distances you guys are logging lately. Will go double digit tomorrow. I agree with Erika on the rest days. I probably take a few too many but they are important for recovery.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Kimmie - awesome job!!! I'm soo impressed!! Bugs - not a weeny if you are listening to your body!! Erica - at least you still have a place you can go! Dave - can ya log those 4 miles?? It's hard to do the math when your log isn't up to date! LOL 9 this morning on a VERY sloshy belly! The first 4 were ugly... the back 5 were better. It was supposed to be stead but it wasn't - I tried. Once I started feeling better it was hard to go as slow as I did when I felt awful. I also tried my fuel belt thingy - I did not like it - at some point my stomach was sloshing along with the water bottle! Ugh! Anyway, overall it was pretty good. I ran alone - the first time i've run that far alone - ever maybe. And it was unenjoyable - once I was confident I wasn't going to hurl it was actually nice!

Bugs

Kimmie, Great job on the 16. Wow your runs are getting long already. Dave, I hope we both have good days tomorrow. Erika, The universities always have good sidewalks don't they? I drive to run around ours often. Today I ran around a residential neighborhood but it got really boring. How many days till Spring? TOO MANY Cookie making was exhausting. I'm going to give the long run one more try tomorrow and then I will do a forced rest. I've got graston treatment next week and hopefully he'll scrape everything below the southern line.

Bugs

Dave

All updated, Shan. You're 3 miles ahead of me. For now. Great job on the 9 yesterday. I plug in some music and cruise on those long runs (I don't feel the least bit bad about running with the Ipod either Big grin ) MTA: How far are you going tomorrow Bugs? (Your log is looking great!!)

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

Dave, Anywhere from 1:30 - 2 HRS, so what is that 9-1 1miles. But they are forecasting freezing rain and 22 mph winds...that kind of weather requires a TM. Gotta go guzzle some water and head to bed early. I love to really clean my sticky cookie messed up kitchen but am not going to blow my rest schedule. Big grin

Bugs

Bugs

Erika, Found these case studies on treatment of feet using graston. Looks promising for people with foot pain.

Bugs

Cashmason

Kimmie, That is a big deal. On race day, it will be unusual to have a friend who runs your exact pace. So you wind up running alone, with a few thousand of your newest friends.

Oh Mighty Wing

For now.
                    I like the evil laugh I head following that!! Big grin

Dave

I like the evil laugh I head following that!! Big grin
                      Mwuuuhaaaaahaaahaaa MTA: Nice race report from JHallum (Jeremy) out in the racing forum. Under 42 minute 10K and maybe his first 70 mile week. Who does he think he is, P2R? JHallum is going to do fantastic at Disney.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

ohhh I'm excited! I 'll have to go read it when I get back from the market!!! And by the way Dave - that 4 miler you did yesterday looks a little longer than that... what do you have on tap today?

Dave

Sorry about that, I double logged Friday and Saturday's run on the same day. They're on the right day. I was actually just under 4 yesterday. Shan, you're taking log stalking to a new level Smile I'm going to wait for it to warm up a bit and then do 10-12 deliberately slow (famous last words).

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Sorry about that, I double logged Friday and Saturday's run on the same day. They're on the right day. I was actually just under 4 yesterday. Shan, you're taking log stalking to a new level Smile I'm going to wait for it to warm up a bit and then do 10-12 deliberately slow (famous last words).
                            Blush I was asking because that would mean that you were doing 2 double digit days back to back and I was gonna call you a crazy man! haha
                            evanflein

Bugs, my issue is not soft-tissue problems, but a bone deformity. If anyone came at my foot with one of those hard things I'd have to kill them. No questions asked. I did have a good run yesterday... 9 miles in temps between zero and 1 or 2. Not bad except for all the traffic at times made the air a little icky. No wind, so it just hangs there and we have a pretty strong inversion going so the cold air and exhaust settles down in the low spots and just hangs. That's also why it's warmer in the hills. Today it could get over 20 here where I live, but I'll be running down in the valley so it'll be colder...but warmer than yesterday. Hoping for 18 but will be happy with 16.

Oh Mighty Wing

Erica - I hope your run goes well!! Nice job yesterday - especially getting out in that weather!! Glad it will be warmer today.