Marathon Trainers

Week of 12/1 (Read 283 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

I would never tell anyone that they couldn't do something. In general we are all much more capable of reaching goals than we realize. I think this was just some backwards way of him getting me to fish more. Roll eyes
    ohhhhhhh i get it now... hahaha and no that probably wouldn't have helped my DH either...

Bugs

Dave, You're right. He's pist because of lack of fishing time. Fargo Marathon was moved to fishing opener and he is NOT happy about that. I told him he doesn't have to go to marathon, but lets say my doc paces me, my brothers and sisters are at miles 18-25 and I BQ...he'd be a dork not to be there. I will make sure he can fish this weekend. Ice should be solid enough, dam cold today

Bugs

evanflein

Sorry to hear that, Bugs. But I agree... that fight wasn't about fishing or marathon running. Sounds like you're right in figuring out he wants some attention for what HE wants to do. I'm always thinking of what DH and I could do together that is something HE likes to do, too. So often it's like he's tagging along with my stuff. Most of the trips we've taken recently have been for my marathons (Boston, NYC, now Disney) so I can see how it might get old. I suggested we take a beer-brewing class together. He likes beer way more than I do but it would be fun to know how to do it. Not sure I like the idea of unlimited suds in the house, but hey... I did some running last week, got up to 30.1 miles and kept up a lot of XT also (mostly pool running). Foot feels pretty good, but today is probably a non-running day. We're down to one vehicle (pickup "check engine" light went on Wednesday, and began running really badly on Thanksgiving) so it's been a challenge getting around and getting everything done. Tonight is basketball tryouts for DS2 and other stuff. I hate having only one car! Shan, Dave gave you some really good info on training plans for your half. Read it and write it down.

Oh Mighty Wing

Shan, Dave gave you some really good info on training plans for your half. Read it and write it down.
          Don't worry I will! It just takes me time to mull over things. I like to give it my full attention and can't really do that at work. Oh and YEAH for running again! Glad your foot is behaving! Sorry about the car troubles.
          Kimmie

Bugs, I think you've heard it all from everyone- so I'll just say hang in there.... Smile and I think it's unbelievable that you can run 12 miles on a treadmill dave, congrats-- somehow I missed that you got a promotion... that's great. Erika, very nice mileage... sounds like you're coming back Mr. I, thanks for always starting the weekly thread Murphy- what marathon are you running again? sounds like fun to run it with family. 12 miles for me today to make up for no long run this past weekend... too windy- but did the first 8 miles with some friends- a little too fast- but it was good to get it done.

Bugs

Dave, I don't think fighiting is a bad thing, as long as you can fight like an adult. Erika, Really NICE miles. I did offer DH a fishing trip in Alaska, he doesn't seem interested. Sad Shan, I agree what other have said. You are so green the calculators don't apply. Amazing things happen when you increase your volumn of running. There is a whole newbie curb that is filled with easy PRs and you just need to take it for a test drive see how fast you end up going. Kimmie, Good job on LR. My knees are starting to talk to me. I need new shoes. I got a pair of Asics Speed Stars to break in but my feet are used to the stability shoes. Think I will break down and buy a pair of stability shoes. This really sounds like an injury in the making.

Bugs

Hail to The Victors!

Erika, Really NICE miles. I did offer DH a fishing trip in Alaska, he doesn't seem interested. Sad My knees are starting to talk to me. I need new shoes. I got a pair of Asics Speed Stars to break in but my feet are used to the stability shoes. Think I will break down and buy a pair of stability shoes. This really sounds like an injury in the making.
                Wait, what? Turned down a fishing trip in Alaska? I don't even fish (like at all), and I'd even do that. I was pretty smitten by our trip there last summer. My legs are also starting to sort of cry for new shoes. I think I blew out the right shoe in my pair of Air Zoom Voomeros (it hisses when I run on wet roads), and my shin is a little sore. How do you blow out an airsole that is enclosed? Sheesh! Anyone know a good lightish shoe like the Voomero? I'm usually a Support type runner (heavy pronator), but a good light pair of shoes seems to work well as an alternate pair sometimes.

Oh Mighty Wing

hey i'm getting a blister on teh ball of my foot - I'm thinking it's time for new shoes also!! We are a scary bunch! We hurt together and we buy shoes togehter!

Oh Mighty Wing

I just found out I might be giving up streaking... dang... i might need a day or two to mourn this...

Bugs

Shan, I know I read some magical cure for blisters. I think you drain it, put a bandage on it, and put duck tape over it. I think. Confused

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

it hasn't turned into a blister yet - just an irritated patch right now. It's so weird. Duct tape really?? hmm guess it probably works...
                        evanflein

DH and I went to the gym for a late lunchtime workout. Just 10 mins on the elliptical and then a little over half hour of upper body weights and abs. Funny... he was asking me what I was doing and doing it with me. I showed him what the form should be, and follow through, how I work opposing body parts (chest vs. back, etc) and he did it too. He's always done his own thing in the weight room, but I think he's tired of either not progressing or getting hurt. Was kinda neat. I read up a lot on this stuff, took classes in college, talk to trainers, etc. He just goes and throws weights around. Was sorta fun having him follow me along. Yes Got a really good chest/arms/upper back workout done with some ab crunches on the stability ball to wrap up. I think he was more than ready to go when I said I could be done at the end. (could've done more, but ran out of time) DS2 has basketball tryouts tonight for the JV team. He'd like to try out for varsity, but he's just a freshman so no point. I love how he's so into so many things. His older brother is so sedentary it's annoying. He'll try out for soccer in the spring, and I have no doubt he'll make the varsity team, but until then he's growing roots...

Bugs

Kimmie, If your book club has not read Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen you simply must. My favorite this year.

Bugs

Kimmie

Kimmie, If your book club has not read Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen you simply must. My favorite this year.
                              We read this in August and loved it. We just finished the Secret life of Bees.... love that book too.

Bugs

We read this in August and loved it. We just finished the Secret life of Bees.... love that book too.
                                Thanks. Dang it though, the group read it already. Hopefully if I have a good enough party they won't care that I never have a book suggestion. We just read Prodigal Summer, I liked it, but only three of us read it, everyone else gave up. Erika, You are my hero, I am just too dam lazy for upper body lately..

Bugs