Marathon Trainers

Week of 12/1 (Read 283 times)

Bugs, I think you've heard it all from everyone- so I'll just say hang in there.... Smile and I think it's unbelievable that you can run 12 miles on a treadmill dave, congrats-- somehow I missed that you got a promotion... that's great. Erika, very nice mileage... sounds like you're coming back Mr. I, thanks for always starting the weekly thread Murphy- what marathon are you running again? sounds like fun to run it with family. 12 miles for me today to make up for no long run this past weekend... too windy- but did the first 8 miles with some friends- a little too fast- but it was good to get it done.
    Hey Kimmie..Im running Vegas. My third time. This week has been brutal--in a good way. Business is good. But running has been non-existant. And Im getting a bit stuffy..ughh. I must get in a couple miles tonight at the Y. And get the tree up, and ship out a bunch of stuff..not enough time in the day.
      Gotta love this forecast... http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/coldandflu/tenday/USNV0049?from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_flu

Bugs

Murphy, Good Luck this weekend! Excited for you. Good to keep the legs moving but run easy, easier better than harder. Nice weather, makes me want to hop on a plane. I need to run 2 hours faster this weekend. Weather High: 23 °F RealFeel®: 0 °F Mostly cloudy, windy 22mph and cold with a chance for a bit of snow or flurries. Yuck. Run it outside or on TM? I decided to take it very easy last night and just ran 30 minutes slow and to bed early last night. Must be something to this rest, I feel great today. Tonight is a Nobby TM hill workout, which is suppose to be hard but ending feeling as strong at the end as the start.

Bugs

Nice weather, not accounting, for the SHOWERS on race day...
            well I see they changed it from 'Showers' to 'Few Showers'

Bugs

well I see they changed it from 'Showers' to 'Few Showers'
              I missed that. Well at least it looks to be a bit warmer than Twin Cities was for me. My advice, be extra prepared for rain. Dress warmer and be prepared to throw away.

Bugs

Kimmie

Good luck Murphy..... time goal? Bugs, you train hard--- always love reading that- my to do list is overwhelming me and trying to shove my running out the window- so hard to stay motivated.... my back is better today... I ran an article that was posted in one of the other forums- too lazy to link it- anyways, this author says basically- don't say that you want to be a better runner if you're not willing to put in the work. ok, ok.... so how badly do I want this? Do I want it so badly that I'm willing to start going to bed earlier? Or give up time with friends? Today needs to be a medium long run and again the to do list is very long- no decorations up yet- parents arriving tonight, etc........ I do tend to complain here, don't I? thanks for putting up with it. Good runs everybody...

Oh Mighty Wing

Kimmie - complain away! For me not running makes me crabbier than squeezing it in when i'm busy... I need it even if it's real short just to get a little me time and bring me back to baseline. Murphy - Maybe rain showers will help keep you moving fast!
                  Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

I ran an article that was posted in one of the other forums- too lazy to link it- anyways, this author says basically- don't say that you want to be a better runner if you're not willing to put in the work. ok, ok.... so how badly do I want this? Do I want it so badly that I'm willing to start going to bed earlier? Or give up time with friends?
                    Here it is. http://kemibe.com/training.htm

Bugs

Kimmie, I know what you mean by having too much to do, that busy time of year. I'm also trying to remind myself I can't do everything. E.g. bathroom may or may not be painted for party. Music will just come out of one speaker. (Having audio issues at home.) I have to just let some things slide a little to keep running in its place.

Bugs

Kimmie

4.5 miles of speed work... thanks Bugs and Shan for getting me out the door- Now, to clean the house.. Smile

Bugs

4 easy miles in fluffy snow. I need a waredrobe plan for that HM. I really hate UA tights. I wore them with asics storm pants over to cut the wind. My legs just feel so restricted with the UA tights, my legs simply can not move with all these darn clothes. The storm pants will not be warm enough. I was thinking of getting the UA heat gear long undies. Hoping the heat gear second layer is enough for about 0 degree weather.

Bugs

Sure, I have a race and the race calendar doesnt get posted on thi first page... Roll eyes I suppose my time goal is under 5:00:00..Thats been my goal for the last 9, why stop now? I would be happy to get under 5, but thrilled with 4:45:00. We'll see. Its starting to feel like Groundhog day.

Bugs

Sure, I have a race and the race calendar doesnt get posted on thi first page... Roll eyes
                              Like I'm the only one who can post it! DONE! Clowning around

Bugs

Dave

Look at the team home page, Murph. I had a "good luck Murphy" on there. Guess I'll update it.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com