Marathon Trainers

6/10-6/16 (Read 160 times)

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Good morning to all 4 easy today. Legs are still quite tired.

Oh Mighty Wing

5 in 93 degree weather. Thank goodness for shade and company. It'll take some getting useto running in that kind of weather.

Dave

Hot, muggy, east coast day today. Good grief, do I hate the treadmill but at least I didn't end up as a heat casualty. 1 hour and 6.3 miles on the dreadmill today for me.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Dave - way to tough out the TM! Mr. I - hope you had a nice day! I bought new shoes today. As I have 300 miles on mine and i've had them since the beginning of November. So I went to a new running store told the guy my whole life story and walked out of the store with the same shoes I'm in now just brand-new. I put them on my feet and it was wonderful! I'm gonna try running in them tomorrow. If they feel good should I try them for the half or let the half be a grand good-bye to the ones i'm currently in?
          evanflein

Hi guys... a quick fly by... Got in really late last night from our soccer tournament in Anchorage (6 hour drive and that was movin' at 70+ for most of it), really tired. Not running as much as I want to, but hopefully life will settle down a bit soon... (yeah, right). Got new shoes so eager to try them out. One mile race on Thursday, then Saturday I head to Hawaii to join my boys at the Regionals soccer tournament... may not have computer access.. Hope everyone is doing well (and no, haven't read the end of last week's thread or this week's yet...).

Bugs

Took my five year to running club tonight, this club is a joke. DS was faster than most of the fat ladies walking. But we got free socks and hats out of the deal, which is the only reason I came. DS fell though, blood, neosporin, bandaides, kisses the whole works. Cry

Bugs

Cashmason

Bugs, sounds about right for a 5 year old. At least you let him get out and experience life. Letting him get a few cuts and scrapes and finding out it is not a big thing is a great life lesson. So many mom's won't let their kids do anything because they might get hurt, and then the kid winds up fearing life. Learning that a little Bactine and kisses from Mom can fix life's minor scrapes is a big deal. 6.25 miles in 54 minutes, 1000 yards in the fishbowl in 25 minutes and 40 minutes lifting weights. First 3 miles were crusing at 9 1/2 minute miles, then did some 800 meter intervals with 400 meter recoveries.

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - i'm sure your son is faster than me too! Tongue Sorry about his boo-boo but those things happen and it is still probably WAY cooler that he got to go with you! Cash you are posting some good stuff! Tuesday: 2 miles in heat - it's 95 here.
                  evanflein

You guys wanna see my cute kid? Here's a shot from Denali Park at about 9 pm or 9:30 or so... taken from the car going 75 mph... And an 11 pm or so shot from my BIL's deck looking south over Cook Inlet... And where I started and ended my 10 mile run up the Coastal Trail on Friday. This is looking north towards Anchorage, threatening clouds hanging over the Chugach Mtns...

Oh Mighty Wing

Those are awesome picks!!!!!! Such beautiful scenery and such a cute kid!
                      Cashmason

Cute kid, musta got his looks from Peter's side of the family.... wink. You live in a beautiful area, for two months of the year.... pbbtt. It is very pretty. For Bugs, a link to bike riding tips thread: http://www.kickrunners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30731

Bugs

Cash, I'm still mad at my bike. It's going to be hard to take it out on Saturday. I'd much rather run 17 miles again, but I will probably run then bike again. I want to ramp up the miles, but I want to not get injured also. Erika, Lovely pictures. Son looks handsome and strong. Get ready for girls knocking at your door. Oh and those other pictures, just makes me mad that you haven't invited me up for a race yet. You know you should really run Grandma's or Twin Cities next year. Both are worth the trip. 8 miles with hills tonight. Ran my mock marathon hills tonight. They go on forever. Need to get them into my LRs. You'd think my mental energy would be focused on how I missed this marathon last year, not so. I keep thinking how when I ran it the first time, was at mile 15 and had to watch the pacer run with ease carring those balloons drifting further and further away from me. I think about those dam ballons everyday.

Bugs

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

WOW! Those pics are great! Was supposed to run 6 miles with a bevy of babes yesterday. Training partner invited two of her girlfriends to come with us. However a pretty serious thunderstorm rolled through and TP and I would up doing some TM miles (4.5). DOR today. I got almost 8 hours of sleep last night. It feels weird to get almost enough sleep.

Dave

Very nice pics, Erika. Great job on the 8 miler, Bugs. I need to push my midweek runs out a little further and its a good reminder. Not sure I've ever run with a "bevy of babes", Mr. I (unless you count one in a stroller and one on a bicycle Wink ) Just over 5 easy miles for me today at a very gentle pace. Lower temps and lower humidity made it feel awesome. Should've probably gone further. Will try for 6 tomorrow.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

So, is it September yet? 7 miles yesterday, pushed DS for 2 of them. Somewhere around 90 degrees and pretty humid. I need to keep a better eye on this, but I lost 3 lbs and that's after drinking 20 oz of water in the middle and 20 oz of Gatorade after the run. I really need to get my lazy rear out of bed at 4:45 to get my runs in, but it's hard when DW is on summer vacation (teacher) so doesn't feel the need to goto bed very early. Think I'll run a 5k Saturday, just because I haven't raced anything since the marathon last month. What scares me though, is that I've never raced without it being a PR (3 5ks, 2 10ks, 1 15k and the marathon), and I'm not sure I'm in the condition to beat my last 5k. Oh well, it's supposed to get "down" to 70 Friday night, so maybe it'll be decent Saturday morning.