Marathon Trainers

Thanksgiving week (Read 248 times)

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Good morning to all and a big fat congrats to Shan! Very impressive. Who's turkey trotting this week? I'm contemplating a 10,000M time trial on Wednesday. Other than that, just a normal week of running for me. Still busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest. I've been skimming a lot and am sure I'm missing stuff. Undecided I'm sure I'll be in between now and then, but if not - everyone have a great thanksgiving and don't forget to, well, give thanks. Life is good. We all have much to be thankful for.
      Bugs - sorry about the rib pain. Guess running with a cold isn't the most fun thing we can do. We have a 4 mile fun run on Thanksgiving, they just ask that you bring a bag of food for the shelter. If it's nice, I might bundle DS up and take him with me in the stroller. Think he'd like that. I'm also working on getting the hall pass for a 5k on Saturday. Since the in-laws will be here, not sure how well that'll go over with the wife. I really want to run a race soon to take advantage of all the "motivation" I have from the DNF. Still pretty fired up about it, could translate to a decent race. Thinking about starting a streak, not sure. I'm at 5 days and have all the stuff to run at lunch today. Seems to work well for someone around here. Have a great turkey week everyone!

Bugs

No turkey trots in my plans. We're going to be in Fargo, ND for Thanksgiving and am going to try and meet up with sb70 for a run. (She use to post on coolrunniig). Brian, My advice to you is to clean the house before you ask. Cleaning when inlaws are on the way buys you lots of brownie points. Running everyday seems to be the in thing to do. When not sick, I find it pretty easy. It is weird how many miles you can easily build up doing it.

Bugs

I thought about doing a Turkey trot. But I know Id run it too hard and pull something. So Im laying low until the marathon. Need to sneak back to under 190 lbs. This weekend was not so good as far as the eating/running.
            Brian, My advice to you is to clean the house before you ask. Cleaning when inlaws are on the way buys you lots of brownie points. Running everyday seems to be the in thing to do. When not sick, I find it pretty easy. It is weird how many miles you can easily build up doing it.
            You women sure do stick together, don't you?

Bugs

You women sure do stick together, don't you?
              Smile Trust me on this one. Follow up with a box of chocolate and wow, you will be a happy man in the morning. Wink

Bugs

Kimmie

Ran on the treadmill- this morning- have no idea why I wimped out on running outside- it wasn't that cold. Just 4.5 miles- going to florida tonight and tomorrow- and will run a 4 mile race on Thanksgiving Day. Have a good one everybody!

Bugs

Kimmie, I've ran more on my TM this fall than I have the last two years all together. Although I bought new "storm" pants, asics, and need a cold windy day to test them out. I'm going to run in them with the tags on before I decided if they are keepers. Murphy, I think you are wise to skip the 5K. I like a 5K one or two weeks before a marathon but already did those tempo runs so that is enough. One thing I have learned is at this point you can't become a better runner, there is not enough time. The best you can do is run easy to maintain fitness till race day. It has taken me a long time to learn that. Smile Don't stress about a little jump in weight. Again, that is why I go by trend weight. The good news about me being sick is my lymph nodes seem to have went mostly away. I've going to have doc look them over too.

Bugs

evanflein

Happy Monday everyone. Might try a little running this week... Getting awfully tired of the gym... Details at 11.

Dave

Hope your foot continues to heal (despite whatever you might do to it today), Erika. Beautiful weather today and newly inspired by the ultra this weekend, I got out for the best almost 7 miles I've had since my race. Felt nice and strong. Stayed under my easy HR pace. Still just a bit of leg soreness but nothing I don't think I can run through.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

The swamp has a nice thing going but I like hearing and writing about the day to day to stuff. Erika, Who-ho time to run. Let us know. Should we re-discuss the Nationals? Would it be better to plan for a full marathon as a get together? My only committement is Fargo, May. I'm really lucky to get Nobby's advice for that one and I'm not going to blow his plan by running one before that. Past May my only other committement is a ragnar relay in August.

Bugs

Dave

National is a full marathon (and a half for those so inclined). Date is 21 March so I think you'd have time to recover for Fargo as a goal race. I like it because it forces me to train through the winter. And its local for Kimmie and me, and sort of for Shan. That, and I'm already signed up Big grin The swamp is too cool for me. I need a safer place to rest my head at night.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

National is a full marathon (and a half for those so inclined). Date is 21 March so I think you'd have time to recover for Fargo as a goal race. I like it because it forces me to train through the winter. And its local for Kimmie and me, and sort of for Shan. That, and I'm already signed up Big grin The swamp is too cool for me. I need a safer place to rest my head at night.
                            I'm onboard with the Nationals plan. I don't mind flying just for a half. I just wanted to "ask" before I book an airplace ticket..oh I better be able to use FF miles. Kimmie, do you know the abbreviations of the airports that would work best? I'm planning on staying with you! Smile How do the swamp critters be so creative?

Bugs

Dave

I'm onboard with the Nationals plan. I don't mind flying just for a half. I just wanted to "ask" before I book an airplace ticket..oh I better be able to use FF miles. Kimmie, do you know the abbreviations of the airports that would work best? I'm planning on staying with you! Smile How do the swamp critters be so creative?
                              Dulles most likely (IAD). Does this at least mean I get Murphy to stay at my place? Shan, you're invited too but I'm willing to bet we're not as cool as Candice. Too many kids. Not enough hippies.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Cashmason

Bugs, dear, You have this lymph node thing all backwards. They are supposed to swell up when you are sick and shrink when you feel good. Please forward this info to your lymph nodes.